|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 63, 64, 65, 66 and 67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is found in the manifesto Nicholas reads?
(a) It is necessary to be at one with nature.
(b) It is possible to communicate with other life forms.
(c) Without reason, life is meaningless.
(d) Life is all an illusion.
2. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
(a) That Nicholas has received a telegram.
(b) That Conchis was called away.
(c) That Conchis wants him to leave the villa.
(d) That Nicholas should meet Conchis immediately.
3. How does Nicholas respond when Alison indicates her desire to have sex with Nicholas?
(a) He wants to stay faithful to Lily.
(b) He is still recovering from syphilis.
(c) He wants to get to know her better first.
(d) He does not want to tarnish her relationship.
4. Who does June claim has been following her?
5. Why doesn't Conchis eat breakfast with Nicholas?
(a) He was up earlier and had already eaten.
(b) He had another visitor to entertain.
(c) He needed some private time alone.
(d) He was angry with Nicholas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
2. Why did Conchis join the British army?
3. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
4. What is Conchis' answer to Nicholas when he questions him?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the bedroom Nicholas is using is furnished?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)