|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 63, 64, 65, 66 and 67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
(a) He does not touch Conchis in anyway.
(b) He asks no questions.
(c) He shares his life story with Conchis.
(d) He never interrupts when Conchis is talking.
2. What does Nicholas say began after he returned to his life at school?
(a) Spiritual visits.
(c) Physical deterioration.
3. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) An indescribable pain.
(b) A strong desire to harm himself.
(c) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(d) An indescribable new sensation.
4. What surprises Nicholas when he returns to Conchis' home?
(a) That Conchis has had contact with Alison.
(b) That the door is answered by a new woman.
(c) That Conchis is not home.
(d) That there is no acknowledgement at having seen the mysterious woman.
5. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Visiting bars.
(b) Going out to brothels.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Studying for teaching exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
2. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
3. What does Nicholas think Conchis might be?
4. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
5. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)