|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 63, 64, 65, 66 and 67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
(b) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
(c) Goes to the beach to swim.
(d) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
2. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) Woman's perfume smell.
(b) Flowers from the garden smell.
(c) Rotting corpse smell.
(d) Ammunition smell.
3. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
(a) The captain's chair.
(b) The defender's chair.
(c) The judge's chair.
(d) The prosecutor's chair.
4. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Surprises of character and strength.
(c) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
(d) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
5. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
(a) With Alison.
(b) On Conchis' yacht.
(c) With Joe.
(d) In Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the visitor?
2. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
3. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
4. What surprises Nicholas when he returns to Conchis' home?
5. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)