|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
(a) Hearing noises of a woman walking.
(b) Smelling the smells of a rotting corpse.
(c) Seeing a man who looks like Foulkes and a young girl.
(d) Listening to Conchis's war stories.
2. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(b) An indescribable pain.
(c) A strong desire to harm himself.
(d) An indescribable new sensation.
3. What does Conchis show Nicholas at the end of this section?
(a) A dead octopus.
(b) A woman in white.
(c) A statuette.
(d) A glove.
4. What sort of people does Conchis hint that Nicholas is?
5. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him it was Lily.
(c) He tells him to be patient.
(d) He tells him he was hallucinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
2. Where does Conchis take Nicholas on a tour?
3. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
4. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
5. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)