|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
(b) Goes to the beach to swim.
(c) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
(d) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
2. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
3. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) An indescribable pain.
(b) A strong desire to harm himself.
(c) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(d) An indescribable new sensation.
4. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
(a) The true story of his time in Germany.
(b) Nazi war criminals.
(c) An unstable relative.
(d) A daughter, wife or mistress.
5. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
(a) Smelling the smells of a rotting corpse.
(b) Hearing noises of a woman walking.
(c) Seeing a man who looks like Foulkes and a young girl.
(d) Listening to Conchis's war stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
2. What does Nicholas say began after he returned to his life at school?
3. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
4. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
5. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)