|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
(a) Listening to Conchis's war stories.
(b) Smelling the smells of a rotting corpse.
(c) Seeing a man who looks like Foulkes and a young girl.
(d) Hearing noises of a woman walking.
2. What did Nicholas ask Conchis if he would agree to?
(a) To ask no questions.
(b) To allow him to move to the villa.
(c) To keep their conversation superficial.
(d) To provide him with no women.
3. Why doesn't Conchis eat breakfast with Nicholas?
(a) He needed some private time alone.
(b) He was up earlier and had already eaten.
(c) He had another visitor to entertain.
(d) He was angry with Nicholas.
4. What does Nicholas say began after he returned to his life at school?
(a) Physical deterioration.
(b) Spiritual visits.
5. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
(a) Studying for further exams.
(b) Secluding himself in his room.
(c) Drinking and visiting brothels.
(d) Hanging out with students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas realize he wants in regard to Alison?
2. What does Conchis want Nicholas to tell him about?
3. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
4. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)