|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 46, 47 and 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Nicholas come to about Conchis in this section of the novel?
(a) That he is hiding the truth from Nicholas.
(b) That he must be mad.
(c) That he has special gifts and skills.
(d) That he cannot be trusted.
2. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) To overcome his addictions.
(b) To get over the loss of Lily.
(c) To exorcise his sexual nature.
(d) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
3. What does Nicholas find when he returns to school?
(a) Letter from Alison.
(b) A book sent to him by Conchis.
(c) A picture of Lily.
(d) Student revolt.
4. Which of the following characters do the villagers claim never to have seen?
5. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
(a) That Nicholas should meet Conchis immediately.
(b) That Nicholas has received a telegram.
(c) That Conchis was called away.
(d) That Conchis wants him to leave the villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
2. What do Nicholas and Lily encounter as they walk back to the house?
3. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
4. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
5. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)