|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 46, 47 and 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Conchis put on Nicholas' ability to return to the villa?
(a) He must keep Conchis's stories private.
(b) He must not miss a weekend.
(c) He must never bring anyone else with him.
(d) He must not ask any questions.
2. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
(a) He does not touch Conchis in anyway.
(b) He never interrupts when Conchis is talking.
(c) He shares his life story with Conchis.
(d) He asks no questions.
3. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(c) Surprises of character and strength.
(d) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
4. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) To overcome his addictions.
(b) To exorcise his sexual nature.
(c) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
(d) To get over the loss of Lily.
5. Where does Conchis take Nicholas on a tour?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
2. Which of the following characters do the villagers claim never to have seen?
3. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
4. What do Nicholas and Lily encounter as they walk back to the house?
5. What country does Conchis go to after he leaves England?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)