|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 46, 47 and 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She was married.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She was seriously injured.
(d) She was raped.
2. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) Ammunition smell.
(b) Flowers from the garden smell.
(c) Woman's perfume smell.
(d) Rotting corpse smell.
3. What conclusion does Nicholas come to about Conchis in this section of the novel?
(a) That he must be mad.
(b) That he has special gifts and skills.
(c) That he is hiding the truth from Nicholas.
(d) That he cannot be trusted.
4. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Honorably discharged.
(b) Leaving the war without permission.
(c) Duplicitous means.
(d) Wounded in action.
5. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(b) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(c) He tells him to be patient.
(d) He tells him it was Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas think Conchis might be?
2. What kind of habitation does Nicholas notice near the villa?
3. What does Nicholas challenge Lily to admit?
4. Which of the following characters was the name of the woman Conchis fell in love with?
5. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)