|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 46, 47 and 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the conversation between Nicholas and Lily on the beach end?
(a) With Nicholas falling asleep.
(b) With a kiss on the cheek.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With Lily crying and leaving.
2. Who arrives to interrupt Nicholas' thoughts?
3. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
(a) They increase greatly depending on intelligence.
(b) They are stacked against those who fight and the societies that insist upon it.
(c) They always result in negative consequences.
(d) They decrease exponentially the longer the battle.
4. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(c) Surprises of character and strength.
(d) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
5. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Search for Conchis in Athens.
(b) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(c) Research Joe.
(d) Contact Alison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nicholas go after he leaves the school on the morning of his return?
2. With whom does Conchis take refuge after he leaves England?
3. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
4. Where does Nicholas go after lunch?
5. What does Nicholas do when he returns to his room instead of preparing to sleep?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)