|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 46, 47 and 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas think Conchis might be?
(d) Divine being.
2. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
(a) To regain his composure.
(b) To check on the dessert.
(c) To get some brandy.
(d) To catch Nicholas off guard.
3. What conclusion does Nicholas come to about Conchis in this section of the novel?
(a) That he cannot be trusted.
(b) That he must be mad.
(c) That he has special gifts and skills.
(d) That he is hiding the truth from Nicholas.
4. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
(a) A daughter, wife or mistress.
(b) An unstable relative.
(c) The true story of his time in Germany.
(d) Nazi war criminals.
5. How does Nicholas interpret the figure in all black wearing a mask that looks like the head of a jackal?
(a) Representation of yet another Greek god.
(b) Representation of the Egyptian god Anubis.
(c) Representation of Demetriades.
(d) Representation of his fantasies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis explain Lily's twin sister?
2. At the end of this section, where is Nicholas headed?
3. Which of the following is a priapus?
4. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
5. What does the woman who Nicholas believes to be Lily do when he approaches?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)