|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 55, 56, 57, 58 and 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) As a businessman.
(b) In WWII clothing.
(c) In traditional Greek clothing.
(d) As a woman.
2. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he was wounded in battle.
(b) When he posed as a corpse.
(c) When he returned safely from the battles.
(d) When he watched his friends die.
3. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
(a) He would be expelled from the island.
(b) He would die.
(c) He would have to leave the villa.
(d) He would have to tell Conchis his secrets.
4. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
(a) Abandoned hut.
(b) In a tent under the stars.
(c) At the bottom of the mountain.
5. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
(b) Surprises of character and strength.
(c) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(d) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term banteringly as used in the following sentence: Nicholas and Alison speak banteringly of their love for each other.
2. When were the huts at the top of Parnassus abandoned?
3. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
4. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
5. Which of the following characters was the name of the woman Conchis fell in love with?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)