|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 55, 56, 57, 58 and 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) To overcome his addictions.
(b) To get over the loss of Lily.
(c) To exorcise his sexual nature.
(d) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
2. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
(a) He would have to leave the villa.
(b) He would die.
(c) He would have to tell Conchis his secrets.
(d) He would be expelled from the island.
3. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) Flowers from the garden smell.
(b) Rotting corpse smell.
(c) Ammunition smell.
(d) Woman's perfume smell.
4. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he was wounded in battle.
(b) When he returned safely from the battles.
(c) When he posed as a corpse.
(d) When he watched his friends die.
5. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To keep up the masque.
(b) To pretend they have made love.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To plot revenge on Conchis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
2. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
3. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
4. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)