|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 55, 56, 57, 58 and 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term banteringly as used in the following sentence: Nicholas and Alison speak banteringly of their love for each other.
2. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
(a) He would die.
(b) He would have to tell Conchis his secrets.
(c) He would have to leave the villa.
(d) He would be expelled from the island.
3. Where do Nicholas and Alison meet?
(a) Coffee shop.
4. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
(a) Abandoned hut.
(b) At the bottom of the mountain.
(d) In a tent under the stars.
5. When were the huts at the top of Parnassus abandoned?
(a) End of WWII.
(b) Early Greek civilization.
(c) End of WWI.
(d) During the rainy season.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
3. How does Nicholas respond when Alison indicates her desire to have sex with Nicholas?
4. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
5. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)