|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 55, 56, 57, 58 and 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Duplicitous means.
(b) Leaving the war without permission.
(c) Wounded in action.
(d) Honorably discharged.
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To pretend they have made love.
(b) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To keep up the masque.
3. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
(b) June kills Julie.
(c) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(d) Julie is violently grabbed.
4. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he returned safely from the battles.
(b) When he watched his friends die.
(c) When he was wounded in battle.
(d) When he posed as a corpse.
5. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
(a) Maria gathering flowers.
(b) Two people in an embrace.
(c) Conchis talking to a woman.
(d) Woman in white.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas find Athens?
2. Where do Nicholas and Alison meet?
3. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
4. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
5. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)