|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 55, 56, 57, 58 and 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
(a) Maria gathering flowers.
(b) Two people in an embrace.
(c) Conchis talking to a woman.
(d) Woman in white.
2. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Surprises of character and strength.
(c) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
(d) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
3. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Leaving the war without permission.
(b) Duplicitous means.
(c) Wounded in action.
(d) Honorably discharged.
4. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
(a) To get some brandy.
(b) To regain his composure.
(c) To check on the dessert.
(d) To catch Nicholas off guard.
5. How does Alison respond to Nicholas' confession about Bourani?
(a) Hurt and anger.
(b) Surprise and quiet.
(c) Reserved emotions.
(d) Tears and pleadingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Conchis join the British army?
2. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
3. Where do Nicholas and Alison meet?
4. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
5. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)