|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 55, 56, 57, 58 and 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alison do when she and Nicholas return to her hotel room?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) Their argument turns violent.
(c) She locks him out.
(d) She throws things at him.
2. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) June kills Julie.
(b) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(c) Julie is violently grabbed.
(d) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
3. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
(a) Duplicitous means.
(b) Leaving the war without permission.
(c) Wounded in action.
(d) Honorably discharged.
4. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
(a) Abandoned hut.
(b) At the bottom of the mountain.
(d) In a tent under the stars.
5. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he posed as a corpse.
(b) When he was wounded in battle.
(c) When he watched his friends die.
(d) When he returned safely from the battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the huts at the top of Parnassus abandoned?
2. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
3. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term banteringly as used in the following sentence: Nicholas and Alison speak banteringly of their love for each other.
5. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)