Part 1, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
* Nicholas is a self-involved child and disinterested teacher.
* He is in a relationship with Alison, but realizes that he is lying to her and using her.
* Nicholas is searching for a job and decides to accept a position at a private boy's school in Greece.
* When he arrives, he meets his predecessor who tells him that the island is dull and about a mysterious man who isn't dull and collaborated with the Nazi's in WWII.
* Alison decides to train to be an airline stewardess and hopes to visit Nicholas in Greece at the first opportunity.
* Nicholas decides to break up with Alison and finds it to be an unexpected bonus.
Part 1, Chapters 7, 8 and 9
* Nicholas arrives in Greece and is captivated with the landscape, light and atmosphere.
* He loses even more interest in his relationship with Alison and eventually they stop corresponding altogether.
* Nicholas is not...
This section contains 3,396 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)