|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did the lamp post grow?
2. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
3. What color are Strawberry's new wings?
4. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
5. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
2. What things are prohibited in the garden?
3. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
4. Explain the first joke in your own words.
5. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
6. What are Pollly and Digory concerned about?
7. How does the song affect the characters?
8. What does Digory have to do and why?
9. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
10. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jadis is referred to as being an evil witch. Is this view of her justified? State why or why not, and give examples to back your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Victorian London is one of several settings in The Magician's Nephew and is the most familiar. Describe this setting, and compare and contrast it with two of the other settings (listed below).
Part 1: Describe Victorian London as it appears in The Magician's Nephew.
Part 2: Compare and contrast Victorian London with one of the other settings in this book.
Part 3: Compare and contrast Victorian London with another of the settings in this book.
Choose two of the following:
The Wood Between the Worlds
Essay Topic 3
Which scene is the climax or point of maximum tension in The Magician's Nephew? Describe this scene and explain why you consider it to be the climax of the novel.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)