|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
2. How many policemen does Jadis knock out using the bar from the lamp-post?
3. Where is the Witch living now?
4. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
5. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
Essay Topic 1
The Magician's Nephew has, as one of its key themes, the antithesis between life and death/destruction. Describe two or three ways that theme is illustrated in The Magician's Nephew. Which force is shown to predominate?
Essay Topic 2
We are only told about two of the other worlds that can be reached using the magic rings and the pools in the Wood Between the Worlds. Create a new world of your own and describe it in detail. How is it different to the real world and how is it the same?
Essay Topic 3
C.S. Lewis is sometimes criticized as being sexist or misogynistic (biased against women). Is this (supposed) bias apparent in The Magician's Nephew? Use examples to justify your answer.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)