|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Cabby's voice as he speaks with Aslan?
2. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
3. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
4. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
5. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some people claim that conflict is essential to create plot tension. With whom does Digory conflict? Choose one of his conflicts, describe it and explain how this conflict is resolved.
Part 1: List the other characters with whom Digory is in conflict.
Part 2: Choose one of these conflicts and describe it.
Part 3: Explain how this conflict is resolved.
Essay Topic 2
The mountain garden where Digory takes the Apple of Life from is intended to represent or be the Narnian equivalent of the Garden of Eden. Describe the mountain garden in your own words, and explain what it does and does not have in common with the mythical Garden of Eden.
(Note: if appropriate, another mythological or legendary garden can be substituted for the Garden of Eden).
Essay Topic 3
The character of Aslan is often thought of as representing God in an allegorical form. What are some things that he says or does that support this interpretation? Do any of his actions or things that he says contradict this view?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)