Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
2. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
3. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
4. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
5. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
Essay Topic 1
When Jadis comes to London, she has certain cultural expectations. People in London have contrasting cultural expectations. Describe some of the culture clashes that occur when Jadis spends time in London. Consider such things as law, dress, technology, magic and gender roles, plus any other cultural clashes that you find.
Essay Topic 2
C.S. Lewis is sometimes criticized as being sexist or misogynistic (biased against women). Is this (supposed) bias apparent in The Magician's Nephew? Use examples to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Uncle Andrew is a sinister character at the start of the novel, but later on, he is more of a comic figure. Explain some of the ways that Uncle Andrew is used to provide comic relief or humor in The Magician's Nephew.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)