Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
2. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
3. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
4. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
5. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
Digory is by far one of the most complex and developed characters in The Magician's Nephew, with a blend of good and bad motives. Explain the sides of his character more fully and state why he is considered to be more of a "good" character rather than an evil one.
1. Describe some examples of his actions that come from good motives
2. Describe some examples of his actions that come from bad motives
3. Describe what action or actions he takes that make him stand out clearly as a character on the side of goodness.
The Magician's Nephew has, as one of its key themes, the antithesis between life and death/destruction. Describe two or three ways that theme is illustrated in The Magician's Nephew. Which force is shown to predominate?
Describe the character of Uncle Andrew. Which of the adjectives below best describes him? Give examples of his actions and words to explain your decision.
Choose one of the following:
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)