|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
2. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
3. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
4. What does Aslan do to Uncle Andrew?
5. What does the Rabbit think that the humans are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
2. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
3. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
4. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
5. Why does Aslan transform Strawberry into a flying horse and re-name him?
6. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
7. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
8. Why does Digory suggest that Polly use her ring to go home?
9. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
10. What signs show that some magic is being worked on the animals chosen by the Lion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Victorian London is one of several settings in The Magician's Nephew and is the most familiar. Describe this setting, and compare and contrast it with two of the other settings (listed below).
Part 1: Describe Victorian London as it appears in The Magician's Nephew.
Part 2: Compare and contrast Victorian London with one of the other settings in this book.
Part 3: Compare and contrast Victorian London with another of the settings in this book.
Choose two of the following:
The Wood Between the Worlds
Essay Topic 2
The Magician's Nephew raises the topic of animal rights and animal experimentation. What attitude does the author seem to take on this topic? Use examples from the novel to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Uncle Andrew. Which of the adjectives below best describes him? Give examples of his actions and words to explain your decision.
Choose one of the following:
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)