|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
2. What gems are used to set the crowns?
3. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
4. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
5. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
2. What are Pollly and Digory concerned about?
3. How does the song affect the characters?
4. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
5. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
6. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
7. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
8. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
9. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
10. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Magician's Nephew explores the theme of power, kingship and corruption. What points are raised by this text regarding this theme? Explain some ways that this theme is illustrated in the text and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Jadis is referred to as being an evil witch. Is this view of her justified? State why or why not, and give examples to back your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Cabby is chosen to be the first King of Narnia. What aspects of his character will make him a good king? In your answer, refer to some examples other than the scene in Chapter 11 where Aslan questions the Cabby.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)