|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
2. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
3. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
4. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
5. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
Essay Topic 1
The character of Aslan is often thought of as representing God in an allegorical form. What are some things that he says or does that support this interpretation? Do any of his actions or things that he says contradict this view?
Essay Topic 2
Problems and overcoming problems are very important to create plot tension. Describe one problem faced by a character in The Magician's Nephew and explain how this problem is overcome.
Essay Topic 3
The mountain garden where Digory takes the Apple of Life from is intended to represent or be the Narnian equivalent of the Garden of Eden. Describe the mountain garden in your own words, and explain what it does and does not have in common with the mythical Garden of Eden.
(Note: if appropriate, another mythological or legendary garden can be substituted for the Garden of Eden).
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)