Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
2. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
3. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
4. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
5. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
Essay Topic 1
Charn is where Jadis, the personification of the powers of death and destruction comes from. Describe Charn and explain how this setting is also symbolic of death and destruction.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Aslan is often thought of as representing God in an allegorical form. What are some things that he says or does that support this interpretation? Do any of his actions or things that he says contradict this view?
Essay Topic 3
Digory is by far one of the most complex and developed characters in The Magician's Nephew, with a blend of good and bad motives. Explain the sides of his character more fully and state why he is considered to be more of a "good" character rather than an evil one.
1. Describe some examples of his actions that come from good motives
2. Describe some examples of his actions that come from bad motives
3. Describe what action or actions he takes that make him stand out clearly as a character on the side of goodness.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)