Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Digory do that makes him long to taste the fruit?
2. What happens when Digory reaches Aslan and his council?
3. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
4. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
5. Had the Cabby ever fought before?
The Cabby is chosen to be the first King of Narnia. What aspects of his character will make him a good king? In your answer, refer to some examples other than the scene in Chapter 11 where Aslan questions the Cabby.
When Jadis comes to London, she has certain cultural expectations. People in London have contrasting cultural expectations. Describe some of the culture clashes that occur when Jadis spends time in London. Consider such things as law, dress, technology, magic and gender roles, plus any other cultural clashes that you find.
In many of C.S. Lewis's works, both fictional and non-fictional, selfishness and being self-centered is associated very strongly with evil. Explain some ways that this idea is illustrated in The Magician's Nephew.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)