|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the animals not try to feed Uncle Andrew with?
2. What does the Rabbit think that the humans are?
(a) A type of multicolored bird.
(b) A type of large lettuce.
(c) A strange sort of animal.
(d) A type of tree.
3. In which direction is the Lion walking as it sings?
4. Which direction do the golden gates face?
5. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
(b) It shakes and looks sick.
(c) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
(d) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
2. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
3. Which animal first tries talking to Uncle Andrew?
4. Where do the children shelter for the night?
5. What was the Cabby's wife doing when Aslan calls her into Narnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Digory suggest that Polly use her ring to go home?
2. What does the Cabby think has happened?
3. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
4. What things show that the place they have come to is a new world that is just beginning?
5. What does Strawberry the horse remember about his old life in London?
6. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
7. What does Digory have to do and why?
8. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
9. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
10. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)