|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
(b) The Bulldog
(c) The Bear
(d) The Elephant
2. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Nellie or Helen
(b) Nellie or Ellen
(c) Helen or Hetty
(d) Elanor or Ellie
3. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
(a) Woodsmoke and wildflowers
(b) Pine trees and mushrooms
(c) Earth, grass and flowers
(d) Fresh fruit and dry grass
4. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
(a) Bran mash and grass
(b) Oats and sugar
(c) Grass and sugar
(d) London and bran mash
5. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
(a) A song begins.
(b) A golden lion appears in front of them.
(c) Hundreds of stars suddenlly appear.
(d) A line of white light appears on the horizon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
2. Which of the following coins does not fall out of Uncle Andrew's pocket?
3. Which of the following does the writing on the gate not warn against?
4. What begins to grow on the higher slopes of the distant mountains?
5. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
2. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
3. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
4. What does Digory have to do and why?
5. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
6. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
7. What signs show that some magic is being worked on the animals chosen by the Lion?
8. Explain the first joke in your own words.
9. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
10. Why does Digory suggest that Polly use her ring to go home?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)