|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Cabby's voice as he speaks with Aslan?
(a) It becomes deeper and more musical.
(b) His Cockney accent becomes more pronounced.
(c) It becomes slower and richer as he loses his Cockney accent.
(d) It becomes quicker and sharper.
2. How many policemen does Jadis knock out using the bar from the lamp-post?
3. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
(b) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(c) He thinks that they have died.
(d) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
4. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
(a) Oats and sugar
(b) Grass and sugar
(c) London and bran mash
(d) Bran mash and grass
5. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
(b) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
(c) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
(d) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction do the golden gates face?
2. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
3. Which of the following does Digory not see in the landscape when he looks west?
4. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
5. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
2. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
3. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
4. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
5. What arguments does the Witch use to try to persuade Digory to eat the apple himself or take it home to his mother? Give at least two for each.
6. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
7. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
8. What are Pollly and Digory concerned about?
9. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
10. What things show that the place they have come to is a new world that is just beginning?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)