|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
(a) Give her the apple
(b) Take the apple home for his mother
(c) Eat the apple and live forever
(d) Throw the apple away
2. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
3. Which of the following coins does not fall out of Uncle Andrew's pocket?
(a) A penny
(b) A sixpence
(c) A half-crown
(d) A half-sovereign
4. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
(a) The Cabby
5. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) The Witch
(b) The Cabby
(c) A policeman
(d) Uncle Andrew
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Strawberry's new wings?
2. Why does the Bear fall over?
3. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
4. Which animal first tries talking to Uncle Andrew?
5. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the song affect the characters?
2. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
3. Explain the first joke in your own words.
4. Why is Uncle Andrew so frightened?
5. What does Strawberry the horse remember about his old life in London?
6. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
7. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
8. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
9. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
10. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)