|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
(b) He sees her throwing away the core.
(c) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
(d) He sees the juice around her mouth.
2. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
(a) The Cabby
3. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
(a) Queen Jadis
(d) His godmother
4. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
(b) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
(c) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(d) It shakes and looks sick.
5. Which animal first says that Uncle Andrew is a sort of tree?
(a) The Tapir
(b) The Bulldog
(c) The Warthog
(d) The Bear
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
2. Which animal first tries talking to Uncle Andrew?
3. What had Fledge and Polly originally planned to do on reaching the garden?
4. What does Aslan do to Uncle Andrew?
5. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
2. What effect does arriving in the Wood Between the Worlds have on the characters?
3. What signs show that some magic is being worked on the animals chosen by the Lion?
4. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
5. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
6. Explain the first joke in your own words.
7. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
8. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
9. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
10. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)