|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following coins does not fall out of Uncle Andrew's pocket?
(a) A half-crown
(b) A penny
(c) A sixpence
(d) A half-sovereign
2. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Elanor or Ellie
(b) Helen or Hetty
(c) Nellie or Ellen
(d) Nellie or Helen
3. What happens to the Cabby's voice as he speaks with Aslan?
(a) It becomes quicker and sharper.
(b) His Cockney accent becomes more pronounced.
(c) It becomes deeper and more musical.
(d) It becomes slower and richer as he loses his Cockney accent.
4. Which of the following does Digory not see in the landscape when he looks west?
(a) A green valley
(b) Huge cliffs
(c) Ice-covered mountains
(d) A waterfall
5. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
(a) The leaves of the tree will stab her like daggers.
(b) The sight of the apples will blind her.
(c) The smell of the apples will fill her with horror.
(d) The smell of the apples will kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where do Frank (the Cabby) and Helen get their royal robes?
2. What does Aslan ask Digory to tell the other councilors?
3. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
4. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
5. Which season did the Cabby find the most unpleasant for him to work in?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)