|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children shelter for the night?
(a) Under Fledge's wings
(b) In a hollow tree
(c) Under a bush
(d) In a small cave
2. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
(a) A fir tree
(b) A beech tree
(c) A pine tree
(d) An oak tree
3. Had the Cabby ever fought before?
(a) Yes, but only with his fists.
(b) Yes - he rode Strawberry's father in cavalry charges.
(c) No - he is a bit of a soft person.
(d) No - he is a pacifist.
4. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
(a) They don't attack her at all, because they are too frightened.
(b) Somebody tries to spray her with a garden hose.
(c) They mob her, trying to kick and punch her.
(d) They throw stones at her.
5. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) Uncle Andrew
(b) The Cabby
(c) The Witch
(d) A policeman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
2. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
3. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
4. What change comes over the smaller animals like rabbits and moles?
5. Why does the Bear fall over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things show that the place they have come to is a new world that is just beginning?
2. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
3. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
4. Explain the first joke in your own words.
5. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
6. Why does Aslan transform Strawberry into a flying horse and re-name him?
7. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
8. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
9. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
10. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)