|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
(a) Three yards
(b) Thirty yards
(c) Three hundred feet
(d) Three hundred yards
2. Which of the following mythological beings does not appear after the Lion's words?
3. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
(b) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
(c) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
(d) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
4. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The He-Owl
(b) The Bull Elephant
(c) The Jackdaw
(d) The River God
5. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
(a) He is infuriated about being called a Good Doggie.
(b) He realizes that Uncle Andrew is the same sort of creature as the Cabby and the children.
(c) He laughs at Uncle Andrew's fright.
(d) He does not understand what Uncle Andrew is saying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
2. What color are the fruits on the toffee tree?
3. What change comes over the smaller animals like rabbits and moles?
4. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
5. Which animal first says that Uncle Andrew is a sort of tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
2. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
3. Why is Uncle Andrew so frightened?
4. What does the Cabby think has happened?
5. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
6. What signs show that some magic is being worked on the animals chosen by the Lion?
7. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
8. What effect does arriving in the Wood Between the Worlds have on the characters?
9. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
10. How does the song affect the characters?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)