|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which facial feature does the Elephant not recognize Uncle Andrew as having?
(c) A nose
(d) A chin
2. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
(c) Jagged mountains
(d) The sea
3. How many toffees does Polly have in her pocket?
(a) We are not told
4. In which direction is the Lion walking as it sings?
5. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
(a) He laughs at Uncle Andrew's fright.
(b) He does not understand what Uncle Andrew is saying.
(c) He is infuriated about being called a Good Doggie.
(d) He realizes that Uncle Andrew is the same sort of creature as the Cabby and the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gems are used to set the crowns?
2. Which of the following does the writing on the gate not warn against?
3. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
4. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
5. From where do Frank (the Cabby) and Helen get their royal robes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does arriving in the Wood Between the Worlds have on the characters?
2. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
3. What does the Cabby think has happened?
4. Why does Aslan transform Strawberry into a flying horse and re-name him?
5. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
6. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
7. What does Digory have to do and why?
8. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
9. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
10. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)