|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
(a) He laughs at Uncle Andrew's fright.
(b) He does not understand what Uncle Andrew is saying.
(c) He realizes that Uncle Andrew is the same sort of creature as the Cabby and the children.
(d) He is infuriated about being called a Good Doggie.
2. What other creatures are flying in the air with Fledge and the children?
3. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
(a) Eat the apple and live forever
(b) Take the apple home for his mother
(c) Throw the apple away
(d) Give her the apple
4. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
(b) He thinks that they have died.
(c) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(d) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
5. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(a) They all wake at the same time
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
2. What does Aslan ask Digory to tell the other councilors?
3. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
4. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
5. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things show that the place they have come to is a new world that is just beginning?
2. In what way is the treatment of Uncle Andrew an example of poetic justice?
3. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
4. What does the Cabby think has happened?
5. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
6. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
7. Explain the first joke in your own words.
8. How does the song affect the characters?
9. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
10. What does Digory have to do and why?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)