|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children shelter for the night?
(a) Under a bush
(b) In a hollow tree
(c) In a small cave
(d) Under Fledge's wings
2. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
(a) He wants to ask for something to cure his mother.
(b) He wants to ask Aslan to make Uncle Andrew give up magic.
(c) He wants to apologize to Aslan about bringing the Witch into the world.
(d) He wants Aslan to send them home again.
3. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
4. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
5. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
(c) Uncle Andrew
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the writing on the gate not warn against?
2. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
3. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
4. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
5. What does Uncle Andrew say that raises Digory's hopes and makes him very excited?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the treatment of Uncle Andrew an example of poetic justice?
2. What does Digory have to do and why?
3. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
4. What are Pollly and Digory concerned about?
5. What does the Lion do that Digory does not expect?
6. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
7. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
8. What does the Cabby think has happened?
9. Why is Uncle Andrew so frightened?
10. What arguments does the Witch use to try to persuade Digory to eat the apple himself or take it home to his mother? Give at least two for each.
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)