|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Bear fall over?
(a) He trips over Uncle Andrew.
(b) He loses his balance because he is not meant to stand on his hind legs.
(c) He trips over a branch.
(d) The other bear pushes him over.
2. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
(a) On the back of the Lion
(b) In the branch of a tree
(c) On the cab-horse's head
(d) On Digory's shoulder
3. What did the animals decide to call Uncle Andrew and why?
(a) They called him Brandy because he made that noise so often.
(b) They called him Brandy because this is what he smelt like.
(c) They called him Brainless because he seemed so stupid.
(d) They called him Neevil, because that is what they thought Aslan had called him.
4. Which of the following do the animals not try to feed Uncle Andrew with?
5. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
(a) He has a swim or wash in a mountain river.
(b) He has a drink from the river.
(c) He eats some of the fruit from the toffee tree.
(d) He searches for the toffee tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aslan do to Uncle Andrew?
2. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
3. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
4. What does the Lion do that surprises Digory?
5. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Cabby think has happened?
2. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
3. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
4. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
5. Why does Aslan transform Strawberry into a flying horse and re-name him?
6. How does the song affect the characters?
7. Explain the first joke in your own words.
8. What signs show that some magic is being worked on the animals chosen by the Lion?
9. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
10. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)