|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
(b) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
(c) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
(d) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
2. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
(b) He sees her throwing away the core.
(c) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(d) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
3. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
(a) He has a swim or wash in a mountain river.
(b) He searches for the toffee tree.
(c) He has a drink from the river.
(d) He eats some of the fruit from the toffee tree.
4. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
(b) The Bulldog
(c) The Elephant
(d) The Bear
5. Which of the following mythological beings does not appear after the Lion's words?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
2. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
3. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
4. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
5. What was the Cabby's wife doing when Aslan calls her into Narnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
2. Why is Uncle Andrew so frightened?
3. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
4. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
5. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
6. What does Strawberry the horse remember about his old life in London?
7. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
8. What happens to the iron bar the Witch tore off the lamp-post?
9. What arguments does the Witch use to try to persuade Digory to eat the apple himself or take it home to his mother? Give at least two for each.
10. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)