|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the apples that Digory has to pick?
2. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
(b) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(c) He sees her throwing away the core.
(d) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
3. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
(a) They wanted to be on the safe side just in case he turned out to be an animal.
(b) His hair is the wrong color for roots to be.
(c) His trousers were wetter, so they must be the roots.
(d) His trousers are muddier so they must be the roots.
4. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
(a) The smell of the apples will fill her with horror.
(b) The leaves of the tree will stab her like daggers.
(c) The smell of the apples will kill her.
(d) The sight of the apples will blind her.
5. What happens to the Cabby's voice as he speaks with Aslan?
(a) It becomes slower and richer as he loses his Cockney accent.
(b) It becomes deeper and more musical.
(c) His Cockney accent becomes more pronounced.
(d) It becomes quicker and sharper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
2. What color are Strawberry's new wings?
3. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
4. Which direction do the golden gates face?
5. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aslan transform Strawberry into a flying horse and re-name him?
2. Why is Uncle Andrew so frightened?
3. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
4. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
5. What does Strawberry the horse remember about his old life in London?
6. Where do the dwarfs obtain the materials to make the crowns from?
7. What does the author suggest that Polly did at the river?
8. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
9. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
10. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)