|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(b) He sees her throwing away the core.
(c) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
(d) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
2. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A Norfolk suit
(b) A bowler hat
(c) A frock coat
(d) A top hat
3. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
(b) His godmother
(c) Queen Jadis
4. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
(a) He had used animals for cruel experiments.
(b) He has been influenced by Jadis more than he realises.
(c) He has always hated and feared animals, even in the past.
(d) He was once bitten by a dog he had tried to befriend.
5. Which of the following does Digory not see in the landscape when he looks west?
(a) Huge cliffs
(b) A waterfall
(c) A green valley
(d) Ice-covered mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Witch living now?
2. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
3. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
4. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
5. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does arriving in the Wood Between the Worlds have on the characters?
2. Explain the first joke in your own words.
3. What does Digory have to do and why?
4. What is the first clue that the travelers are nearing the orchard where Digory has to pick the apple?
5. Why does Digory want to talk to the Lion?
6. In what way is the treatment of Uncle Andrew an example of poetic justice?
7. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
8. What does Strawberry the horse remember about his old life in London?
9. What disturbs Fledge and the children at night?
10. What things are prohibited in the garden?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)