|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
(a) Alice in Wonderland
(b) Treasure Island
(c) The Treasure Seekers (about the Bastable children)
(d) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
2. Which of the following does Polly not keep in the "smugglers' cave"?
(a) A store of toffee
(b) A story she is writing
(d) Ginger beer
3. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A flying carpet
(b) A golden coach
(c) A chariot
(d) A tame dragon
4. What is the name of the city?
5. What color is the sun in that world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Digory's last name?
2. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
3. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
4. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
5. What did Uncle Andrew find in that box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
2. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
3. Name three ways that Polly's attitude differs from Digory's in this chapter.
4. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
5. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
6. Summarize, in your own words, how Uncle Andrew obtained the dust used for making the rings.
7. What do they decide to do with the guinea pig and why?
8. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
9. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
10. Why did Uncle Andrew need two children for his "experiment" with the rings?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)