|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Queen?
2. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
(a) Her ex-husband
(b) Her father
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her sister
3. What color are the rings
(a) Black and white
(b) Green and yellow
(c) Red and yellow
(d) Green and blue
4. In what city is this story set?
(c) New York
5. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
(a) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
(b) Treasure Island
(c) Alice in Wonderland
(d) The Treasure Seekers (about the Bastable children)
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
2. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
3. What is Uncle Andrew's characteristic gesture or habit while speaking?
4. What phrase does Uncle Andrew use to justify his unethical actions?
5. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
2. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
3. Why does Aunt Letty give Uncle Andrew such a tart reply when he asks to borrow some money from her?
4. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
5. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
6. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
7. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
8. What does Aunt Letty believe about Jadis?
9. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
10. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)