|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housemaid?
2. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
(a) The Treasure Seekers (about the Bastable children)
(b) Alice in Wonderland
(c) Treasure Island
(d) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
3. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
(a) The Tower of London
(b) Big Ben
(c) St Paul's Cathedral
(d) Buckingham Palace
4. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is admiring his looks.
(b) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(c) She is reading his mind and heart.
(d) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
5. What was the name of Uncle Andrew's godmother?
(a) Mrs Leaf
(b) Morgana Le Fay
(c) Miss Lefay
(d) Mrs Lefay
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
2. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
3. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
4. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
5. What season is it when Digory and Polly decide to explore the houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
2. How is Jadis different from a human from our world?
3. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
4. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
5. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
6. Name three ways that Polly's attitude differs from Digory's in this chapter.
7. Why does Aunt Letty give Uncle Andrew such a tart reply when he asks to borrow some money from her?
8. What do they decide to do with the guinea pig and why?
9. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
10. Why did Jadis speak the Deplorable Word?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)