|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
(a) Mrs Ketterley
(b) Miss Letitia
(c) Miss Ketterley
(d) Miss Letty
2. What is Digory's last name?
3. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
4. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is admiring his looks.
(b) She is reading his mind and heart.
(c) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
(d) She is trying to hypnotize him.
5. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(b) Bleak, dead and desolate
(c) Cold, boring and stuffy
(d) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Digory's mother?
2. What phrase does Uncle Andrew use to justify his unethical actions?
3. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
4. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
5. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children quarrel about?
2. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
3. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
4. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
5. What crucial piece of knowledge does Digory not know about the Witch?
6. What does Uncle Andrew do after he leaves his study and why?
7. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
8. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
9. Summarize, in your own words, how Uncle Andrew obtained the dust used for making the rings.
10. Name three ways that Polly's attitude differs from Digory's in this chapter.
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)