|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of ring takes you into the Wood between the Worlds?
(a) Either of the rings - it doesn't matter which
(b) A green ring
(c) A yellow ring
(d) A green ring on your right hand and a yellow ring on your left
2. Into which pocket does Digory put the green rings?
(a) His waistcoat pocket
(b) Both his left and right pockets
(c) His left pocket
(d) His right pocket
3. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A golden coach
(b) A tame dragon
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A chariot
4. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
(a) Getting water trapped in your ears
(b) Getting wet
(c) Having your ears pop
(d) Getting waterlogged or wrinkled skin
5. How wide are the pools?
(a) Ten feet in radius.
(b) Ten yards from edge to edge.
(c) Ten feet from edge to edge.
(d) Twenty feet from edge to edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
2. Who was riding in the hansom that the Witch was driving?
3. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
4. When does Polly let go of Digory's hand?
5. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
2. What do the children quarrel about?
3. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
4. What makes the children lose their fear of Uncle Andrew?
5. What do they decide to do with the guinea pig and why?
6. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
7. What does Aunt Letty believe about Jadis?
8. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
9. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
10. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)