|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(b) Cold, boring and stuffy
(c) Bleak, dead and desolate
(d) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
2. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
3. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
(a) Miss Letitia
(b) Miss Ketterley
(c) Mrs Ketterley
(d) Miss Letty
4. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
(a) Big Ben
(b) The Tower of London
(c) St Paul's Cathedral
(d) Buckingham Palace
5. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(b) She is reading his mind and heart.
(c) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
(d) She is admiring his looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
2. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
3. What is the name of the Queen?
4. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
5. Where does Digory see the writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the children lose their fear of Uncle Andrew?
2. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
3. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
4. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
5. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
6. What are the first things that Digory sees when he comes out of the pool and how does he react?
7. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
8. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
9. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
10. Name three ways that Polly's attitude differs from Digory's in this chapter.
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)