|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
(a) Sapphire earrings
(b) A diamond tiara
(c) A diamond necklace
(d) A rope of pearls
2. What is distinctive about the doors leading into the Hall of Images?
(a) They are studded with precious gems.
(b) They are made of a mysterious black metal.
(c) They look as though they are made of gold.
(d) They have magical writing carved into the wood.
3. What is the name of the city?
4. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
(a) Getting wet
(b) Getting water trapped in your ears
(c) Having your ears pop
(d) Getting waterlogged or wrinkled skin
5. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
(a) He is afraid that Polly will never forgive him.
(b) He is afraid that he, too, will sit on red hot chairs and have ice in his bed.
(c) He is afraid that Uncle Andrew and she will conquer the world.
(d) He fears that she will go into his mother's room and frighten her to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Polly not keep in the "smugglers' cave"?
2. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
3. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
4. Where does Digory see the writing?
5. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the treatment of Uncle Andrew an example of poetic justice?
2. What arguments does the Witch use to try to persuade Digory to eat the apple himself or take it home to his mother? Give at least two for each.
3. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
4. What are the first things that Digory sees when he comes out of the pool and how does he react?
5. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
6. What makes the children lose their fear of Uncle Andrew?
7. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
8. What does Strawberry the horse remember about his old life in London?
9. Why does Digory suggest that Polly use her ring to go home?
10. Why do the animals not know what Uncle Andrew is?
This section contains 1,556 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)