|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
(d) Being eaten by wild animals
2. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
3. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
(a) Sapphire earrings
(b) A diamond necklace
(c) A diamond tiara
(d) A rope of pearls
4. What did Uncle Andrew find in that box?
(a) The magic rings
(b) Guinea pigs
(c) An ancient parchement
5. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
(a) A flying horse
(b) A beautiful nymph
(c) A dolphin
(d) A winged stone monster
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
2. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
3. What form of transport does Uncle Andrew order for the Witch and himself?
4. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
5. What is the name of the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
2. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
3. How is Jadis different from a human from our world?
4. Summarize, in your own words, how Uncle Andrew obtained the dust used for making the rings.
5. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
6. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
7. What does Uncle Andrew do after he leaves his study and why?
8. What crucial piece of knowledge does Digory not know about the Witch?
9. What do they decide to do with the guinea pig and why?
10. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)