|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Digory see the writing?
(a) On the chair of the last queen
(b) On the pillar
(c) On the bell
(d) On the hammer
2. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She thinks it is funny.
(c) None - she is completely calm.
(d) She is furious.
3. What is Aunt Letty doing when Uncle Andrew finds her?
(a) She is entertaining visitors.
(b) She is doing embroidery.
(c) She is mending a matress.
(d) She is drinking tea.
4. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
(a) In a magic mirror or enchanted pool
(b) In a dream or vision
(c) In a book or great queens
(d) In a crystal ball
5. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
(a) It is hanging off the guinea pig's tail.
(b) It is tied on by a tape or ribbon around the guinea pig's middle.
(c) It is wedged onto the guinea pig's nose.
(d) The guinea pig is wearing the ring on its paw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
2. What color is the sun in that world?
3. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
4. What season is it when Digory and Polly decide to explore the houses?
5. Where did Jadis learn the Deplorable Word?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
2. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
3. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
4. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
5. What possibilities do the children suggest to explain the mysterious yell heard one night by Digory?
6. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
7. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
8. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
9. Why does Aunt Letty give Uncle Andrew such a tart reply when he asks to borrow some money from her?
10. What are the first things that Digory sees when he comes out of the pool and how does he react?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)