|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(b) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
(c) They aren't wearing any rings.
2. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
(a) It is hanging off the guinea pig's tail.
(b) It is tied on by a tape or ribbon around the guinea pig's middle.
(c) It is wedged onto the guinea pig's nose.
(d) The guinea pig is wearing the ring on its paw.
3. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is admiring his looks.
(b) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(c) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
(d) She is reading his mind and heart.
4. Where was Mrs Lefay shut up?
(a) In prison
(b) In an asylum
(c) In an attic
(d) In a nunnery
5. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A tame dragon
(b) A chariot
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A golden coach
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most striking about the last queen, apart from her beauty?
2. What color is the sun in that world?
3. What is Uncle Andrew's characteristic gesture or habit while speaking?
4. What color are the rings
5. What smell does Digory notice while he is waiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the children when they open the door and leave the tunnel?
2. Why did Uncle Andrew need two children for his "experiment" with the rings?
3. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
4. Why does Aunt Letty give Uncle Andrew such a tart reply when he asks to borrow some money from her?
5. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
6. What possibilities do the children suggest to explain the mysterious yell heard one night by Digory?
7. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
8. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
9. How is Jadis different from a human from our world?
10. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)