|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most striking about the last queen, apart from her beauty?
(a) Her cruel expression
(b) Her unbelievably long hair
(c) Her height and strength
(d) Her fierceness and pride
2. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
(a) All the bacteria in that world are dead, as is everything else.
(b) They are made from indestructible fabrics.
(c) The chamber has been sealed for centuries.
(d) Strong magic spells preserve them.
3. What color are the rings
(a) Black and white
(b) Red and yellow
(c) Green and yellow
(d) Green and blue
4. What color are the doors that the Queen blasts?
5. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
(a) Stuffy, drowsy and soporific
(b) Noisy, exciting and lively
(c) Bleak, barren and sterile
(d) Alive, quiet and rich
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jadis get dragged from her world to the Wood?
2. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
3. Where does Digory see the writing?
4. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
5. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the children when they open the door and leave the tunnel?
2. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
3. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
4. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
5. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
6. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
7. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
8. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
9. Why did Jadis speak the Deplorable Word?
10. What does Uncle Andrew do after he leaves his study and why?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)