|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A tame dragon
(b) A chariot
(c) A golden coach
(d) A flying carpet
2. What does Uncle Andrew offer to Polly?
(a) A book
(b) A green ring
(c) A fountain pen
(d) A yellow ring
3. What is the name of Digory's mother?
4. What color are the doors that the Queen blasts?
5. What does Uncle Andrew keep hidden in his wardrobe?
(a) A gold watch
(b) A bottle of spirits and a wine glass.
(c) Some money
(d) Another set of magic rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Queen's skin?
2. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
3. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
4. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
5. What happened to the river in Charn during the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things are prohibited in the garden?
2. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
3. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
4. Why does Uncle Andrew try to steal Digory's green ring?
5. What does Uncle Andrew do when he returns home?
6. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
7. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
8. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
9. Why did Jadis speak the Deplorable Word?
10. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)