|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
(d) Being eaten by wild animals
2. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
3. What does Uncle Andrew offer to Polly?
(a) A green ring
(b) A yellow ring
(c) A book
(d) A fountain pen
4. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(a) They aren't wearing any rings.
(d) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
5. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
(a) Alive, quiet and rich
(b) Bleak, barren and sterile
(c) Noisy, exciting and lively
(d) Stuffy, drowsy and soporific
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
2. How does Jadis get dragged from her world to the Wood?
3. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
4. What does Uncle Andrew keep hidden in his wardrobe?
5. What is the name of the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Pollly and Digory concerned about?
2. What things show that the place they have come to is a new world that is just beginning?
3. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
4. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
5. What arguments are put forward by the animals regarding which way up Uncle Andrew ought to be planted?
6. What surprises the children when they open the door and leave the tunnel?
7. In what way is the treatment of Uncle Andrew an example of poetic justice?
8. Which animals and creatures does Aslan call apart and why?
9. What changes come to the Ketterley household once Digory's mother is restored to full health?
10. What does the Cabby think has happened?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)