|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Digory's father?
(a) He is in prison
(b) In India
(c) In the country house
(d) He has died
2. How does Jadis get dragged from the Wood into our world?
(a) She is still holding onto Polly's hair.
(b) Digory turns back and she manages to catch his hand.
(c) She manages to catch hold of Digory's ear.
(d) She manages to catch hold of Polly's ear.
3. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
(a) The clothes the figures are wearing.
(b) The jewels the figures are wearing.
(c) The hairstyles of the women in the figures.
(d) The faces of the people.
4. How does Uncle Andrew describe the Witch behind her back?
(a) A terrible creature.
(b) An old fool.
(c) My dear girl.
(d) A dem fine woman.
5. What color is the sun in that world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Andrew keep hidden in his wardrobe?
2. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
3. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
4. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
5. What happens to Jadis when she is in the Wood Between the Worlds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
2. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
3. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
4. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
5. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
6. What are the first things that Digory sees when he comes out of the pool and how does he react?
7. Why did Jadis speak the Deplorable Word?
8. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
9. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
10. What crucial piece of knowledge does Digory not know about the Witch?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)