|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
2. What color is the sun in that world?
3. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
(a) The Treasure Seekers (about the Bastable children)
(b) Treasure Island
(c) Alice in Wonderland
(d) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
4. Which of the following does Polly not keep in the "smugglers' cave"?
(b) A store of toffee
(c) Ginger beer
(d) A story she is writing
5. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
2. Who was riding in the hansom that the Witch was driving?
3. What is distinctive about the doors leading into the Hall of Images?
4. How does Uncle Andrew describe the Witch behind her back?
5. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
2. Why does Aunt Letty give Uncle Andrew such a tart reply when he asks to borrow some money from her?
3. What crucial piece of knowledge does Digory not know about the Witch?
4. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
5. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
6. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
7. What surprises the children when they open the door and leave the tunnel?
8. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
9. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
10. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)