|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
(a) Touching the magical dust
(b) Old age
(c) A period of ill health
(d) Unpleasant experiences while learning magic
2. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
(a) Getting water trapped in your ears
(b) Getting wet
(c) Getting waterlogged or wrinkled skin
(d) Having your ears pop
3. What form of transport does Uncle Andrew order for the Witch and himself?
(a) A hansom cab
(b) A gig
(c) A governess cart
(d) A coach and four
4. Which of Polly's hands is the Queen holding?
(a) Neither hand - the Queen is dragging her by her hair.
(b) Her left hand.
(c) Neither hand - Polly is running behind Digory and the Queen.
(d) Her right hand.
5. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
(a) He is afraid that Polly will never forgive him.
(b) He fears that she will go into his mother's room and frighten her to death.
(c) He is afraid that Uncle Andrew and she will conquer the world.
(d) He is afraid that he, too, will sit on red hot chairs and have ice in his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Letty fall onto?
2. What smell does Digory notice while he is waiting?
3. What color is the sun in that world?
4. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
5. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
2. What is ironic about the chief policeman's question to Uncle Andrew?
3. Summarize, in your own words, how Uncle Andrew obtained the dust used for making the rings.
4. How is Jadis different from a human from our world?
5. From the expressions on the faces of the images, what can be deduced about the history of the place they have found themselves in?
6. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
7. How do the rings actually work for traveling from world to world?
8. What does Aunt Letty believe about Jadis?
9. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
10. Name three things Jadis does or says that demonstrate her self-centered nature.
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)