|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her ex-husband
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her father
2. What form of transport does Uncle Andrew order for the Witch and himself?
(a) A coach and four
(b) A governess cart
(c) A gig
(d) A hansom cab
3. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
(a) Alice in Wonderland
(b) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
(c) Treasure Island
(d) The Treasure Seekers (about the Bastable children)
4. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
5. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is reading his mind and heart.
(b) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
(c) She is admiring his looks.
(d) She is trying to hypnotize him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Polly's hands is the Queen holding?
2. What color is the Queen's skin?
3. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
4. How does Jadis get dragged from her world to the Wood?
5. What color is the sun in that world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children quarrel about?
2. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
3. Why does Polly start to believe that Uncle Andrew is not mad?
4. Why does Digory wish he was older (or bigger)?
5. What does Digory say that actually gets Uncle Andrew's full attention and why does it have this effect?
6. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
7. Summarize, in your own words, how Uncle Andrew obtained the dust used for making the rings.
8. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
9. What surprises the children when they open the door and leave the tunnel?
10. What does Aunt Letty believe about Jadis?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)