Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
2. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A tame dragon
(b) A chariot
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A golden coach
3. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
(a) They get their feet wet.
(b) The surface of the water freezes over.
(c) The trees hiss and roar in a high wind.
(d) They sink in water up to their necks.
4. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
(a) Bleak, barren and sterile
(b) Alive, quiet and rich
(c) Noisy, exciting and lively
(d) Stuffy, drowsy and soporific
5. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
(a) A strange humming sound
(b) A peculiar smell
(c) A weird flashing light
(d) A yell
Short Answer Questions
1. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
2. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
3. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
4. What spells or curses would Jadis cast on Andrew if he disobeys or betrays her?
5. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jadis want to travel to our world?
2. What will happen to the Witch now that she has eaten an apple?
3. What is unusual about the ruins they find themselves in?
4. Name three ways that Polly's attitude differs from Digory's in this chapter.
5. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
6. What signs show that some magic is being worked on the animals chosen by the Lion?
7. What does Uncle Andrew do after he leaves his study and why?
8. What do they decide to do with the guinea pig and why?
9. Explain the first joke in your own words.
10. Why does Aslan call the Cabby's wife into Narnia?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)