|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did not happen to the guinea pigs that Uncle Andrew used for his experiments?
(a) They vanished
(b) They learned to speak
(c) They exploded
(d) They died
2. When does Polly let go of Digory's hand?
(a) When he suggests she is afraid of exploring the ruin.
(b) When Digory strikes the bell.
(c) When they enter the Hall of Images
(d) As soon as they arrive in the new world.
3. What is Aunt Letty doing when Uncle Andrew finds her?
(a) She is drinking tea.
(b) She is mending a matress.
(c) She is entertaining visitors.
(d) She is doing embroidery.
4. What is the name of Digory's mother?
5. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
(a) A circus
(b) A foreign country
(c) Another world
(d) A troupe of actors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Andrew offer to Polly?
2. What do the children use to see where they are in the tunnel?
3. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
4. What does Uncle Andrew keep hidden in his wardrobe?
5. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Uncle Andrew need two children for his "experiment" with the rings?
2. What are the first things that Digory sees when he comes out of the pool and how does he react?
3. What do they decide to do with the guinea pig and why?
4. Why is Digory crying when Polly first meets him?
5. How can Jadis travel out of her world even though she is not wearing a magic ring?
6. What does Uncle Andrew do after he leaves his study and why?
7. Why is the Wood like the tunnel that the children had explored in the houses?
8. What do the children quarrel about?
9. What does Digory plan to do with his magic rings?
10. How is Jadis different from a human from our world?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)