|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(b) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
(c) It shakes and looks sick.
(d) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
2. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
(a) The birds
(b) The moles
(c) The stags
(d) The elephants
3. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
(a) Something like fire flashes out.
(b) The Lion breathes on them.
(c) The stars sing again.
(d) The earth shakes beneath them.
4. What did the animals decide to call Uncle Andrew and why?
(a) They called him Brainless because he seemed so stupid.
(b) They called him Brandy because he made that noise so often.
(c) They called him Neevil, because that is what they thought Aslan had called him.
(d) They called him Brandy because this is what he smelt like.
5. What happens to the Cabby's voice as he speaks with Aslan?
(a) It becomes deeper and more musical.
(b) It becomes slower and richer as he loses his Cockney accent.
(c) It becomes quicker and sharper.
(d) His Cockney accent becomes more pronounced.
6. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) He cannot tell.
(b) From overhead.
(c) From the ground beneath him.
(d) From his left.
7. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
(a) Everybody in Narnia would be killed by the smell of the apples.
(b) Narnia would have become a cruel country like Charn.
(c) Nothing different would happen - Narnia would be a kind land kept safe from the Witch.
(d) Nothing would happen - the magic would not work with a stolen apple.
8. Which of the following does Digory not see in the landscape when he looks west?
(a) A waterfall
(b) Ice-covered mountains
(c) A green valley
(d) Huge cliffs
9. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
10. Which direction do the golden gates face?
11. What does Uncle Andrew say that raises Digory's hopes and makes him very excited?
(a) The boy's gone mad.
(b) The Land of Youth.
(c) A dem fine woman.
(d) I never dreamt of Magic like this.
12. What does the Lion do that surprises Digory?
(a) He begins to sing again.
(b) He agrees to give him something to cure his mother.
(c) He cries in sympathy for Digory.
(d) He makes Digory feel ridiculous.
13. Which animal first says that Uncle Andrew is a sort of tree?
(a) The Bear
(b) The Warthog
(c) The Tapir
(d) The Bulldog
14. From what did the lamp post grow?
(a) The iron bar Jadis threw at the Lion
(b) It sprang from the ground in response to the Lion's song.
(c) We are not told
(d) A piece of scrap metal dropped by Uncle Andrew
15. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Nellie or Ellen
(b) Elanor or Ellie
(c) Nellie or Helen
(d) Helen or Hetty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
2. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
3. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
4. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
5. What gems are used to set the crowns?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)