|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction do the golden gates face?
2. What other creatures are flying in the air with Fledge and the children?
3. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
(b) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
(c) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
(d) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
4. What color are Strawberry's new wings?
(a) Red and gold
(b) Copper and chestnut
(c) Copper and silver
(d) Blue and silver
5. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
(a) Oats and sugar
(b) Grass and sugar
(c) London and bran mash
(d) Bran mash and grass
6. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
(a) The sea
(b) Jagged mountains
7. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
8. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(b) They all wake at the same time
9. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(b) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
(c) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
(d) He sees her throwing away the core.
10. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
(a) He began to talk to them once he revived.
(b) He began to scream and howl.
(c) Aslan told them he was a human.
(d) Frank and Helen told them he was human.
11. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A bowler hat
(b) A frock coat
(c) A top hat
(d) A Norfolk suit
12. What change comes over the smaller animals like rabbits and moles?
(a) They grow slightly smaller.
(b) Their fur changes colour.
(c) Their ears grow longer.
(d) They grow much larger.
13. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
(a) They don't attack her at all, because they are too frightened.
(b) They throw stones at her.
(c) Somebody tries to spray her with a garden hose.
(d) They mob her, trying to kick and punch her.
14. What does Aslan ask Digory to tell the other councilors?
(a) How the Witch came to Narnia
(b) Why he wants Aslan to give him something
(c) How they found the Witch
(d) What is wrong with his mother
15. Which of the following does Digory not see in the landscape when he looks west?
(a) Ice-covered mountains
(b) Huge cliffs
(c) A green valley
(d) A waterfall
Short Answer Questions
1. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
2. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
3. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
4. Which animal first tries talking to Uncle Andrew?
5. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)