|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to grow on the higher slopes of the distant mountains?
(d) Fir trees
2. How many toffees does Polly have in her pocket?
(b) We are not told
3. What color are the fruits on the toffee tree?
4. Which animal is the most impressive to watch breaking out of the ground?
(a) The panthers
(b) The dogs
(c) The butterflies
(d) The elephant
5. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
(a) The Bear
(c) The Bulldog
(d) The Elephant
6. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The He-Owl
(b) The Bull Elephant
(c) The Jackdaw
(d) The River God
7. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
(b) Brandy and cigarettes.
(c) Aftershave and lavender.
(d) Brandy and cigars
8. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
(a) He searches for the toffee tree.
(b) He eats some of the fruit from the toffee tree.
(c) He has a drink from the river.
(d) He has a swim or wash in a mountain river.
9. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
10. Had the Cabby ever fought before?
(a) Yes, but only with his fists.
(b) No - he is a bit of a soft person.
(c) No - he is a pacifist.
(d) Yes - he rode Strawberry's father in cavalry charges.
11. Who of the following does Uncle Andrew blame for the troubles he is now in?
(c) His godmother
(d) Queen Jadis
12. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(c) They all wake at the same time
13. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(b) It shakes and looks sick.
(c) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
(d) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
14. Which of the following mythological beings does not appear after the Lion's words?
15. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
(b) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
(c) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
(d) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Digory do that makes him long to taste the fruit?
2. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
3. Which season did the Cabby find the most unpleasant for him to work in?
4. What happens when Digory reaches Aslan and his council?
5. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)