|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following coins does not fall out of Uncle Andrew's pocket?
(a) A sixpence
(b) A half-crown
(c) A half-sovereign
(d) A penny
2. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
(a) A pine tree
(b) An oak tree
(c) A beech tree
(d) A fir tree
3. Where do the children shelter for the night?
(a) In a hollow tree
(b) In a small cave
(c) Under Fledge's wings
(d) Under a bush
4. What was the Cabby's wife doing when Aslan calls her into Narnia?
(a) Baking bread
(b) Sewing shirts
(c) Washing clothes
(d) Making soap
5. Which way is the river flowing in the new world?
(a) Towards the north
(b) Towards the east
(c) Towards the west
(d) Towards the south
6. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
(b) The Bear
(c) The Elephant
(d) The Bulldog
7. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
(a) Aslan told them he was a human.
(b) He began to talk to them once he revived.
(c) Frank and Helen told them he was human.
(d) He began to scream and howl.
8. How many policemen does Jadis knock out using the bar from the lamp-post?
9. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
(a) The Lion breathes on them.
(b) The stars sing again.
(c) Something like fire flashes out.
(d) The earth shakes beneath them.
10. What happens to the Cabby's voice as he speaks with Aslan?
(a) It becomes slower and richer as he loses his Cockney accent.
(b) His Cockney accent becomes more pronounced.
(c) It becomes deeper and more musical.
(d) It becomes quicker and sharper.
11. What does Aslan ask Digory to tell the other councilors?
(a) What is wrong with his mother
(b) How the Witch came to Narnia
(c) How they found the Witch
(d) Why he wants Aslan to give him something
12. What does Uncle Andrew say that raises Digory's hopes and makes him very excited?
(a) The Land of Youth.
(b) I never dreamt of Magic like this.
(c) The boy's gone mad.
(d) A dem fine woman.
13. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
14. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
(a) He has to fetch a pomegranate, which the Lion will use to make a healing charm.
(b) He has to fetch an apple, which will be used to cure his mother.
(c) He has to fetch seed, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(d) He must fetch an apple, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
15. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
(b) He thinks that they have died.
(c) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(d) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
2. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
3. At what time of day do Fledge and the children arrive back in Narnia?
4. What color are the apples that Digory has to pick?
5. From what did the lamp post grow?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)