|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
(b) Brandy and cigarettes.
(c) Aftershave and lavender.
(d) Brandy and cigars
2. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
(a) Three yards
(b) Three hundred feet
(c) Three hundred yards
(d) Thirty yards
3. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
(a) He does not understand what Uncle Andrew is saying.
(b) He is infuriated about being called a Good Doggie.
(c) He realizes that Uncle Andrew is the same sort of creature as the Cabby and the children.
(d) He laughs at Uncle Andrew's fright.
4. What effect has the stolen apple had on the Witch?
(a) Nothing has happened, because she stole the apple.
(b) The apple is slowly poisoning her and will eventually kill her.
(c) She has become the most beautiful and wise being in all worlds.
(d) She has eternal youth and strength like a goddess.
5. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
(a) He was once bitten by a dog he had tried to befriend.
(b) He had used animals for cruel experiments.
(c) He has always hated and feared animals, even in the past.
(d) He has been influenced by Jadis more than he realises.
6. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
(a) He has to fetch seed, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(b) He has to fetch a pomegranate, which the Lion will use to make a healing charm.
(c) He must fetch an apple, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(d) He has to fetch an apple, which will be used to cure his mother.
7. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
(d) Uncle Andrew
8. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(b) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
(c) He sees her throwing away the core.
(d) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
9. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
10. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
(a) He wants to ask Aslan to make Uncle Andrew give up magic.
(b) He wants to ask for something to cure his mother.
(c) He wants Aslan to send them home again.
(d) He wants to apologize to Aslan about bringing the Witch into the world.
11. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
(a) He began to talk to them once he revived.
(b) Aslan told them he was a human.
(c) Frank and Helen told them he was human.
(d) He began to scream and howl.
12. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
(b) The Cabby
13. Why does the Bear fall over?
(a) He loses his balance because he is not meant to stand on his hind legs.
(b) The other bear pushes him over.
(c) He trips over Uncle Andrew.
(d) He trips over a branch.
14. What does Digory do that makes him long to taste the fruit?
(a) He looks at all the other fruit on the tree.
(b) He looks at it closely and smells it.
(c) He polishes it and feels the smooth skin.
(d) He smells it and rubs it against his cheek.
15. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
(a) Something like fire flashes out.
(b) The Lion breathes on them.
(c) The stars sing again.
(d) The earth shakes beneath them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
2. What color are the apples that Digory has to pick?
3. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
4. Which animal is the most impressive to watch breaking out of the ground?
5. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)