|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following mythological beings does not appear after the Lion's words?
2. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
(a) Three hundred yards
(b) Three hundred feet
(c) Three yards
(d) Thirty yards
3. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
(b) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(c) He sees her throwing away the core.
(d) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
4. Which animal is the most impressive to watch breaking out of the ground?
(a) The dogs
(b) The panthers
(c) The butterflies
(d) The elephant
5. What had Fledge and Polly originally planned to do on reaching the garden?
(a) Coming in with Digory
(b) Holding the gates open for Digory
(c) Sleeping on the grass outside
(d) Waiting outside for Digory
6. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It shakes and looks sick.
(b) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
(c) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(d) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
7. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
(a) He has a drink from the river.
(b) He eats some of the fruit from the toffee tree.
(c) He searches for the toffee tree.
(d) He has a swim or wash in a mountain river.
8. Why does the Bear fall over?
(a) He trips over a branch.
(b) He loses his balance because he is not meant to stand on his hind legs.
(c) The other bear pushes him over.
(d) He trips over Uncle Andrew.
9. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) From his left.
(b) From overhead.
(c) He cannot tell.
(d) From the ground beneath him.
10. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
(a) The smell of the apples will kill her.
(b) The smell of the apples will fill her with horror.
(c) The sight of the apples will blind her.
(d) The leaves of the tree will stab her like daggers.
11. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Brandy and cigarettes.
(b) Brandy and cigars
(c) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
(d) Aftershave and lavender.
12. What color are the apples that Digory has to pick?
13. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A bowler hat
(b) A Norfolk suit
(c) A top hat
(d) A frock coat
14. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
(a) He has been influenced by Jadis more than he realises.
(b) He had used animals for cruel experiments.
(c) He was once bitten by a dog he had tried to befriend.
(d) He has always hated and feared animals, even in the past.
15. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) The Witch
(b) Uncle Andrew
(c) A policeman
(d) The Cabby
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to grow on the higher slopes of the distant mountains?
2. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
3. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
4. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
5. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)