|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Digory reaches Aslan and his council?
(a) Aslan and the others do not see him, so Digory has to interrupt.
(b) Aslan tells the councillors to make way so that Digory can approach.
(c) Aslan and the councillors turn angrily on Digory.
(d) Aslan and the others ignore Digory and start walking away.
2. What effect has the stolen apple had on the Witch?
(a) The apple is slowly poisoning her and will eventually kill her.
(b) Nothing has happened, because she stole the apple.
(c) She has eternal youth and strength like a goddess.
(d) She has become the most beautiful and wise being in all worlds.
3. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
(a) The Lion breathes on them.
(b) The earth shakes beneath them.
(c) Something like fire flashes out.
(d) The stars sing again.
4. What does Aslan ask Digory to tell the other councilors?
(a) What is wrong with his mother
(b) How the Witch came to Narnia
(c) How they found the Witch
(d) Why he wants Aslan to give him something
5. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
(b) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
(c) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
(d) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
6. What is the Witch's mistake when she is trying to tempt Digory to abandon his quest?
(a) She accuses Digory of being cruel and pitiless.
(b) She says that Aslan is a wild animal.
(c) She suggests that he should cover up the truth by leaving Polly behind.
(d) She tells Digory to do something that Digory's mother would disapprove of.
7. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The He-Owl
(b) The Bull Elephant
(c) The River God
(d) The Jackdaw
8. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(d) They all wake at the same time
9. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
(b) It shakes and looks sick.
(c) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
(d) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
10. Which way is the river flowing in the new world?
(a) Towards the north
(b) Towards the east
(c) Towards the west
(d) Towards the south
11. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
(a) He was standing too far away to hear what was going on.
(b) He had successfully persuaded himself that this was impossible and they were only making ordinary noises.
(c) He was too intent on trying to steal the rings that he never noticed they were speaking.
(d) The evil of his magic had affected him so that he was incapable of hearing this good magic.
12. Had the Cabby ever fought before?
(a) Yes - he rode Strawberry's father in cavalry charges.
(b) No - he is a pacifist.
(c) No - he is a bit of a soft person.
(d) Yes, but only with his fists.
13. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
(a) London and bran mash
(b) Oats and sugar
(c) Grass and sugar
(d) Bran mash and grass
14. What does Aslan do to Uncle Andrew?
(a) He makes Uncle Andrew too afraid to come back again.
(b) He makes Uncle Andrew able to hear his voice.
(c) He makes Uncle Andrew fall asleep.
(d) He roars at him and makes him faint again.
15. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
(a) The moles
(b) The elephants
(c) The stags
(d) The birds
Short Answer Questions
1. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
2. Why does the Bear fall over?
3. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
4. What is the name of Uncle Andrew's cousin who was in the Yeomanry?
5. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)