|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A top hat
(b) A frock coat
(c) A Norfolk suit
(d) A bowler hat
2. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
(b) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
(c) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
(d) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
3. Which ring does Uncle Andrew try to steal from Digory?
(a) The yellow ring
(b) The green ring
(c) Both of his rings
(d) None - Uncle Andrew tries to steal Polly's rings.
4. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
(a) A golden lion appears in front of them.
(b) A song begins.
(c) A line of white light appears on the horizon.
(d) Hundreds of stars suddenlly appear.
5. How many policemen does Jadis knock out using the bar from the lamp-post?
6. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
(a) The stars sing again.
(b) Something like fire flashes out.
(c) The earth shakes beneath them.
(d) The Lion breathes on them.
7. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Nellie or Helen
(b) Elanor or Ellie
(c) Nellie or Ellen
(d) Helen or Hetty
8. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
(a) The leaves of the tree will stab her like daggers.
(b) The smell of the apples will fill her with horror.
(c) The sight of the apples will blind her.
(d) The smell of the apples will kill her.
9. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
(a) Somebody tries to spray her with a garden hose.
(b) They don't attack her at all, because they are too frightened.
(c) They mob her, trying to kick and punch her.
(d) They throw stones at her.
10. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
(b) Jagged mountains
(d) The sea
11. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
(a) He was too intent on trying to steal the rings that he never noticed they were speaking.
(b) He had successfully persuaded himself that this was impossible and they were only making ordinary noises.
(c) He was standing too far away to hear what was going on.
(d) The evil of his magic had affected him so that he was incapable of hearing this good magic.
12. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
(a) He does not understand what Uncle Andrew is saying.
(b) He realizes that Uncle Andrew is the same sort of creature as the Cabby and the children.
(c) He is infuriated about being called a Good Doggie.
(d) He laughs at Uncle Andrew's fright.
13. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
(a) Nothing would happen - the magic would not work with a stolen apple.
(b) Everybody in Narnia would be killed by the smell of the apples.
(c) Narnia would have become a cruel country like Charn.
(d) Nothing different would happen - Narnia would be a kind land kept safe from the Witch.
14. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The Bull Elephant
(b) The He-Owl
(c) The Jackdaw
(d) The River God
15. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
(a) Give her the apple
(b) Throw the apple away
(c) Eat the apple and live forever
(d) Take the apple home for his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
2. From what did the lamp post grow?
3. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
4. Which of the following do the animals not try to feed Uncle Andrew with?
5. What does Aslan do to Uncle Andrew?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)