|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
(b) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
(c) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
(d) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
2. What does Aslan ask Digory to tell the other councilors?
(a) How they found the Witch
(b) What is wrong with his mother
(c) Why he wants Aslan to give him something
(d) How the Witch came to Narnia
3. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
(a) He has to fetch seed, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(b) He has to fetch an apple, which will be used to cure his mother.
(c) He has to fetch a pomegranate, which the Lion will use to make a healing charm.
(d) He must fetch an apple, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
4. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
(a) He began to talk to them once he revived.
(b) He began to scream and howl.
(c) Aslan told them he was a human.
(d) Frank and Helen told them he was human.
5. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
(a) They are hungry and want to eat him.
(b) They want to take him to Aslan.
(c) They are teasing him because they think he is funny.
(d) They are curious as to what he is.
6. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
(a) Three hundred yards
(b) Three hundred feet
(c) Three yards
(d) Thirty yards
7. From where do Frank (the Cabby) and Helen get their royal robes?
(a) All the birds and animals give feathers, silk and wool as gifts, and these are used for making the robes.
(b) Aslan creates them by magic.
(c) The naiads weave them.
(d) We are not told.
8. From what did the lamp post grow?
(a) It sprang from the ground in response to the Lion's song.
(b) The iron bar Jadis threw at the Lion
(c) We are not told
(d) A piece of scrap metal dropped by Uncle Andrew
9. What did the animals decide to call Uncle Andrew and why?
(a) They called him Neevil, because that is what they thought Aslan had called him.
(b) They called him Brandy because he made that noise so often.
(c) They called him Brandy because this is what he smelt like.
(d) They called him Brainless because he seemed so stupid.
10. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
(a) A song begins.
(b) Hundreds of stars suddenlly appear.
(c) A line of white light appears on the horizon.
(d) A golden lion appears in front of them.
11. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
(a) Everybody in Narnia would be killed by the smell of the apples.
(b) Narnia would have become a cruel country like Charn.
(c) Nothing would happen - the magic would not work with a stolen apple.
(d) Nothing different would happen - Narnia would be a kind land kept safe from the Witch.
12. Why does the Bear fall over?
(a) The other bear pushes him over.
(b) He trips over a branch.
(c) He trips over Uncle Andrew.
(d) He loses his balance because he is not meant to stand on his hind legs.
13. Which direction do the golden gates face?
14. Which facial feature does the Elephant not recognize Uncle Andrew as having?
(b) A nose
(d) A chin
15. What does the Lion do that surprises Digory?
(a) He makes Digory feel ridiculous.
(b) He begins to sing again.
(c) He agrees to give him something to cure his mother.
(d) He cries in sympathy for Digory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following coins does not fall out of Uncle Andrew's pocket?
2. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
3. What color are Strawberry's new wings?
4. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
5. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)