|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the animals not try to feed Uncle Andrew with?
2. Had the Cabby ever fought before?
(a) No - he is a pacifist.
(b) Yes, but only with his fists.
(c) Yes - he rode Strawberry's father in cavalry charges.
(d) No - he is a bit of a soft person.
3. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
(a) He had successfully persuaded himself that this was impossible and they were only making ordinary noises.
(b) The evil of his magic had affected him so that he was incapable of hearing this good magic.
(c) He was standing too far away to hear what was going on.
(d) He was too intent on trying to steal the rings that he never noticed they were speaking.
4. From what did the lamp post grow?
(a) We are not told
(b) It sprang from the ground in response to the Lion's song.
(c) The iron bar Jadis threw at the Lion
(d) A piece of scrap metal dropped by Uncle Andrew
5. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
(a) An oak tree
(b) A beech tree
(c) A pine tree
(d) A fir tree
6. What had Fledge and Polly originally planned to do on reaching the garden?
(a) Holding the gates open for Digory
(b) Coming in with Digory
(c) Sleeping on the grass outside
(d) Waiting outside for Digory
7. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
(d) The Cabby
8. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
(b) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(c) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
(d) He thinks that they have died.
9. Why does the Bear fall over?
(a) He trips over a branch.
(b) He loses his balance because he is not meant to stand on his hind legs.
(c) The other bear pushes him over.
(d) He trips over Uncle Andrew.
10. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
(b) Uncle Andrew
11. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
(b) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
(c) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
(d) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
12. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
(a) The stags
(b) The elephants
(c) The birds
(d) The moles
13. How many toffees does Polly have in her pocket?
(b) We are not told
14. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Brandy and cigars
(b) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
(c) Brandy and cigarettes.
(d) Aftershave and lavender.
15. What was the Cabby's wife doing when Aslan calls her into Narnia?
(a) Washing clothes
(b) Baking bread
(c) Making soap
(d) Sewing shirts
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
2. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
3. Where is the Witch living now?
4. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
5. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)