|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
(a) On the back of the Lion
(b) On the cab-horse's head
(c) In the branch of a tree
(d) On Digory's shoulder
2. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The River God
(b) The Bull Elephant
(c) The Jackdaw
(d) The He-Owl
3. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
(a) Three yards
(b) Thirty yards
(c) Three hundred yards
(d) Three hundred feet
4. What does the Lion do that surprises Digory?
(a) He makes Digory feel ridiculous.
(b) He begins to sing again.
(c) He agrees to give him something to cure his mother.
(d) He cries in sympathy for Digory.
5. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) The Cabby
(b) A policeman
(c) Uncle Andrew
(d) The Witch
6. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
(a) They are hungry and want to eat him.
(b) They are teasing him because they think he is funny.
(c) They want to take him to Aslan.
(d) They are curious as to what he is.
7. What was the Cabby's wife doing when Aslan calls her into Narnia?
(a) Making soap
(b) Washing clothes
(c) Sewing shirts
(d) Baking bread
8. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
(b) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
(c) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
(d) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
9. What did the animals decide to call Uncle Andrew and why?
(a) They called him Neevil, because that is what they thought Aslan had called him.
(b) They called him Brainless because he seemed so stupid.
(c) They called him Brandy because he made that noise so often.
(d) They called him Brandy because this is what he smelt like.
10. What other creatures are flying in the air with Fledge and the children?
11. Where is the Witch living now?
(a) In the south
(b) In the west
(c) In the north
(d) In the east
12. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(b) It shakes and looks sick.
(c) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
(d) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
13. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(a) They all wake at the same time
14. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
(a) They are multicolored rather than just being white or whitish.
(b) They are singing along with the First Voice.
(c) A constellation in the shape of a lion dominates the night.
(d) They swirl in a complicated dance through the night sky.
15. Where do the children shelter for the night?
(a) Under Fledge's wings
(b) In a hollow tree
(c) In a small cave
(d) Under a bush
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
2. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
3. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
4. In which direction is the Lion walking as it sings?
5. What gems are used to set the crowns?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)