|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the animals decide to call Uncle Andrew and why?
(a) They called him Brainless because he seemed so stupid.
(b) They called him Brandy because this is what he smelt like.
(c) They called him Neevil, because that is what they thought Aslan had called him.
(d) They called him Brandy because he made that noise so often.
2. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
(a) He had successfully persuaded himself that this was impossible and they were only making ordinary noises.
(b) The evil of his magic had affected him so that he was incapable of hearing this good magic.
(c) He was standing too far away to hear what was going on.
(d) He was too intent on trying to steal the rings that he never noticed they were speaking.
3. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
(a) The Lion breathes on them.
(b) The earth shakes beneath them.
(c) Something like fire flashes out.
(d) The stars sing again.
4. Which of the following does Digory not see when he realizes the Witch has eaten an apple?
(a) He sees her taking the last bite of the apple.
(b) He sees her throwing away the core.
(c) He sees the juice around her mouth.
(d) He sees that her skin has turned deadly white.
5. What color are the fruits on the toffee tree?
6. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
(a) The Cabby
7. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
(a) Uncle Andrew
8. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The Bull Elephant
(b) The River God
(c) The Jackdaw
(d) The He-Owl
9. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
(b) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
(c) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
(d) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
10. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
(a) He has to fetch seed, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(b) He has to fetch a pomegranate, which the Lion will use to make a healing charm.
(c) He has to fetch an apple, which will be used to cure his mother.
(d) He must fetch an apple, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
11. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
(a) His hair is the wrong color for roots to be.
(b) His trousers are muddier so they must be the roots.
(c) His trousers were wetter, so they must be the roots.
(d) They wanted to be on the safe side just in case he turned out to be an animal.
12. Which way is the river flowing in the new world?
(a) Towards the west
(b) Towards the north
(c) Towards the east
(d) Towards the south
13. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A Norfolk suit
(b) A top hat
(c) A bowler hat
(d) A frock coat
14. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
(a) Pine trees and mushrooms
(b) Earth, grass and flowers
(c) Fresh fruit and dry grass
(d) Woodsmoke and wildflowers
15. What color are the apples that Digory has to pick?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day do Fledge and the children arrive back in Narnia?
2. What had Fledge and Polly originally planned to do on reaching the garden?
3. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
4. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
5. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)