|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He thinks that they have died.
(b) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(c) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
(d) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
2. Which animal first tries talking to Uncle Andrew?
(a) The Horse
(b) The Jackdaw
(c) The Bulldog
(d) The Elephant
3. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
(a) Hundreds of stars suddenlly appear.
(b) A line of white light appears on the horizon.
(c) A song begins.
(d) A golden lion appears in front of them.
4. Which of the following mythological beings does not appear after the Lion's words?
5. What effect has the stolen apple had on the Witch?
(a) Nothing has happened, because she stole the apple.
(b) She has become the most beautiful and wise being in all worlds.
(c) She has eternal youth and strength like a goddess.
(d) The apple is slowly poisoning her and will eventually kill her.
6. In which direction is the Lion walking as it sings?
7. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
(b) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
(c) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
(d) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
8. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(c) They all wake at the same time
9. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
(a) Everybody in Narnia would be killed by the smell of the apples.
(b) Nothing would happen - the magic would not work with a stolen apple.
(c) Nothing different would happen - Narnia would be a kind land kept safe from the Witch.
(d) Narnia would have become a cruel country like Charn.
10. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
(a) They throw stones at her.
(b) Somebody tries to spray her with a garden hose.
(c) They mob her, trying to kick and punch her.
(d) They don't attack her at all, because they are too frightened.
11. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
(a) The moles
(b) The elephants
(c) The birds
(d) The stags
12. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
(a) Earth, grass and flowers
(b) Fresh fruit and dry grass
(c) Woodsmoke and wildflowers
(d) Pine trees and mushrooms
13. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) He cannot tell.
(b) From his left.
(c) From the ground beneath him.
(d) From overhead.
14. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
(a) They are hungry and want to eat him.
(b) They are curious as to what he is.
(c) They want to take him to Aslan.
(d) They are teasing him because they think he is funny.
15. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Aftershave and lavender.
(b) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
(c) Brandy and cigars
(d) Brandy and cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Aslan that the Witch has eaten an apple already?
2. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
3. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
4. Why do the animals decide to plant Uncle Andrew the right way up?
5. Which season did the Cabby find the most unpleasant for him to work in?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)