|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ring does Uncle Andrew try to steal from Digory?
(a) The yellow ring
(b) Both of his rings
(c) None - Uncle Andrew tries to steal Polly's rings.
(d) The green ring
2. What does the Rabbit think that the humans are?
(a) A strange sort of animal.
(b) A type of large lettuce.
(c) A type of multicolored bird.
(d) A type of tree.
3. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
(a) He had used animals for cruel experiments.
(b) He has always hated and feared animals, even in the past.
(c) He has been influenced by Jadis more than he realises.
(d) He was once bitten by a dog he had tried to befriend.
4. Why do the animals chase Uncle Andrew?
(a) They want to take him to Aslan.
(b) They are hungry and want to eat him.
(c) They are teasing him because they think he is funny.
(d) They are curious as to what he is.
5. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) He cannot tell.
(b) From overhead.
(c) From his left.
(d) From the ground beneath him.
6. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
(a) He wants to ask for something to cure his mother.
(b) He wants Aslan to send them home again.
(c) He wants to apologize to Aslan about bringing the Witch into the world.
(d) He wants to ask Aslan to make Uncle Andrew give up magic.
7. What color are the fruits on the toffee tree?
8. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Brandy and cigars
(b) Aftershave and lavender.
(c) Brandy and cigarettes.
(d) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
9. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
(b) Jagged mountains
(d) The sea
10. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
(a) The He-Owl
(b) The River God
(c) The Jackdaw
(d) The Bull Elephant
11. Which of the following does the writing on the gate not warn against?
(a) Taking the fruit for yourself
(b) Climbing the wall
(c) Stealing the fruit
(d) Closing the gates
12. What gems are used to set the crowns?
(a) Amethysts in King Frank's and diamonds in Queen Helen's
(b) Rubies in King Frank's and emeralds in Queen Helen's
(c) Diamonds in King Frank's and sapphires in Queen Helen's
(d) Emeralds in King Frank's and rubies in Queen Helen's
13. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Nellie or Ellen
(b) Elanor or Ellie
(c) Nellie or Helen
(d) Helen or Hetty
14. Where do the children shelter for the night?
(a) Under a bush
(b) In a small cave
(c) Under Fledge's wings
(d) In a hollow tree
15. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
(a) He does not understand what Uncle Andrew is saying.
(b) He laughs at Uncle Andrew's fright.
(c) He realizes that Uncle Andrew is the same sort of creature as the Cabby and the children.
(d) He is infuriated about being called a Good Doggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect has the stolen apple had on the Witch?
2. What did the animals decide to call Uncle Andrew and why?
3. Had the Cabby ever fought before?
4. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
5. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)