|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change comes over the smaller animals like rabbits and moles?
(a) Their fur changes colour.
(b) Their ears grow longer.
(c) They grow slightly smaller.
(d) They grow much larger.
2. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
(a) They swirl in a complicated dance through the night sky.
(b) A constellation in the shape of a lion dominates the night.
(c) They are singing along with the First Voice.
(d) They are multicolored rather than just being white or whitish.
3. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
(a) He wants to apologize to Aslan about bringing the Witch into the world.
(b) He wants Aslan to send them home again.
(c) He wants to ask for something to cure his mother.
(d) He wants to ask Aslan to make Uncle Andrew give up magic.
4. Which of the following does the writing on the gate not warn against?
(a) Climbing the wall
(b) Taking the fruit for yourself
(c) Stealing the fruit
(d) Closing the gates
5. What color are the apples that Digory has to pick?
6. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
(a) He has been influenced by Jadis more than he realises.
(b) He had used animals for cruel experiments.
(c) He was once bitten by a dog he had tried to befriend.
(d) He has always hated and feared animals, even in the past.
7. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
8. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
(a) Earth, grass and flowers
(b) Woodsmoke and wildflowers
(c) Pine trees and mushrooms
(d) Fresh fruit and dry grass
9. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(b) They all wake at the same time
10. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
(a) Throw the apple away
(b) Give her the apple
(c) Take the apple home for his mother
(d) Eat the apple and live forever
11. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
(a) A beech tree
(b) A fir tree
(c) An oak tree
(d) A pine tree
12. Which animal first says that Uncle Andrew is a sort of tree?
(a) The Tapir
(b) The Bear
(c) The Warthog
(d) The Bulldog
13. What finally convinced all the animals that Uncle Andrew was not a tree?
(a) He began to talk to them once he revived.
(b) He began to scream and howl.
(c) Frank and Helen told them he was human.
(d) Aslan told them he was a human.
14. Which of the following does Digory not see in the landscape when he looks west?
(a) A green valley
(b) Ice-covered mountains
(c) A waterfall
(d) Huge cliffs
15. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
(a) Oats and sugar
(b) Grass and sugar
(c) London and bran mash
(d) Bran mash and grass
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the land to the south of Narnia?
2. At what time of day do Fledge and the children arrive back in Narnia?
3. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
4. How does the Bulldog react when Uncle Andrew tries to talk to him?
5. What does Aslan do to Uncle Andrew?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)