|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which facial feature does the Elephant not recognize Uncle Andrew as having?
(c) A nose
(d) A chin
2. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
(a) He was standing too far away to hear what was going on.
(b) He had successfully persuaded himself that this was impossible and they were only making ordinary noises.
(c) The evil of his magic had affected him so that he was incapable of hearing this good magic.
(d) He was too intent on trying to steal the rings that he never noticed they were speaking.
3. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Nellie or Ellen
(b) Elanor or Ellie
(c) Nellie or Helen
(d) Helen or Hetty
4. What begins to grow on the higher slopes of the distant mountains?
(a) Fir trees
5. What happens when Digory reaches Aslan and his council?
(a) Aslan and the others do not see him, so Digory has to interrupt.
(b) Aslan and the others ignore Digory and start walking away.
(c) Aslan tells the councillors to make way so that Digory can approach.
(d) Aslan and the councillors turn angrily on Digory.
6. What sort of tree suddenly springs up close to Digory?
(a) A fir tree
(b) A beech tree
(c) An oak tree
(d) A pine tree
7. How many toffees does Polly have in her pocket?
(a) We are not told
8. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A top hat
(b) A Norfolk suit
(c) A frock coat
(d) A bowler hat
9. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
(a) A line of white light appears on the horizon.
(b) A golden lion appears in front of them.
(c) Hundreds of stars suddenlly appear.
(d) A song begins.
10. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(b) It shakes and looks sick.
(c) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
(d) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
11. How many policemen does Jadis knock out using the bar from the lamp-post?
12. Why does Digory want to speak to Aslan?
(a) He wants to ask Aslan to make Uncle Andrew give up magic.
(b) He wants Aslan to send them home again.
(c) He wants to apologize to Aslan about bringing the Witch into the world.
(d) He wants to ask for something to cure his mother.
13. What color are Strawberry's new wings?
(a) Copper and silver
(b) Copper and chestnut
(c) Red and gold
(d) Blue and silver
14. What would have happened if someone had taken an apple to plant a Tree of Protection without permission?
(a) Narnia would have become a cruel country like Charn.
(b) Nothing different would happen - Narnia would be a kind land kept safe from the Witch.
(c) Everybody in Narnia would be killed by the smell of the apples.
(d) Nothing would happen - the magic would not work with a stolen apple.
15. What does the Lion do that surprises Digory?
(a) He begins to sing again.
(b) He cries in sympathy for Digory.
(c) He agrees to give him something to cure his mother.
(d) He makes Digory feel ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
2. Which of the following animals or creatures is not summoned to the council by Aslan?
3. Which direction do the golden gates face?
4. Which of the following do the animals not try to feed Uncle Andrew with?
5. Which animal first says that Uncle Andrew is a sort of tree?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)