|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect has the stolen apple had on the Witch?
(a) The apple is slowly poisoning her and will eventually kill her.
(b) She has eternal youth and strength like a goddess.
(c) Nothing has happened, because she stole the apple.
(d) She has become the most beautiful and wise being in all worlds.
2. Which season did the Cabby find the most unpleasant for him to work in?
3. Why does the Bear fall over?
(a) He trips over a branch.
(b) He trips over Uncle Andrew.
(c) He loses his balance because he is not meant to stand on his hind legs.
(d) The other bear pushes him over.
4. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
(a) Throw the apple away
(b) Take the apple home for his mother
(c) Eat the apple and live forever
(d) Give her the apple
5. Of what things from our world does Strawberry have fond memories?
(a) Oats and sugar
(b) Grass and sugar
(c) Bran mash and grass
(d) London and bran mash
6. Who is the first to wake up in the morning?
(b) They all wake at the same time
7. What do Digory and Polly see to the south from the air?
(b) Jagged mountains
(c) The sea
8. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
(a) They are singing along with the First Voice.
(b) They are multicolored rather than just being white or whitish.
(c) They swirl in a complicated dance through the night sky.
(d) A constellation in the shape of a lion dominates the night.
9. Which animal first says that Uncle Andrew is a sort of tree?
(a) The Bulldog
(b) The Warthog
(c) The Tapir
(d) The Bear
10. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
(a) The stags
(b) The moles
(c) The elephants
(d) The birds
11. Where does the Jackdaw perch after making (or being) the First Joke?
(a) On the cab-horse's head
(b) On the back of the Lion
(c) On Digory's shoulder
(d) In the branch of a tree
12. What other creatures are flying in the air with Fledge and the children?
13. What is the name of the Cabby's wife?
(a) Helen or Hetty
(b) Nellie or Ellen
(c) Elanor or Ellie
(d) Nellie or Helen
14. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
(a) The Bulldog
(b) The Elephant
(d) The Bear
15. What actions had made Uncle Andrew hate and fear animals even more than in the past?
(a) He had used animals for cruel experiments.
(b) He has always hated and feared animals, even in the past.
(c) He has been influenced by Jadis more than he realises.
(d) He was once bitten by a dog he had tried to befriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which facial feature does the Elephant not recognize Uncle Andrew as having?
2. At what time of day do Fledge and the children arrive back in Narnia?
3. In which direction is the Lion walking as it sings?
4. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
5. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)