|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A top hat
(b) A Norfolk suit
(c) A bowler hat
(d) A frock coat
2. What effect has the stolen apple had on the Witch?
(a) Nothing has happened, because she stole the apple.
(b) She has become the most beautiful and wise being in all worlds.
(c) The apple is slowly poisoning her and will eventually kill her.
(d) She has eternal youth and strength like a goddess.
3. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
(a) He must fetch an apple, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(b) He has to fetch a pomegranate, which the Lion will use to make a healing charm.
(c) He has to fetch seed, which will be used to plant a tree that will protect Narnia.
(d) He has to fetch an apple, which will be used to cure his mother.
4. How far away is the Lion from Digory and the others?
(a) Three hundred feet
(b) Three yards
(c) Thirty yards
(d) Three hundred yards
5. What is it about the Tree of Protection that will keep the Witch away?
(a) The smell of the apples will fill her with horror.
(b) The leaves of the tree will stab her like daggers.
(c) The sight of the apples will blind her.
(d) The smell of the apples will kill her.
6. Who asks Aslan if Polly can go with Digory?
(c) The Cabby
7. How many toffees does Polly have in her pocket?
(c) We are not told
8. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(b) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
(c) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
(d) He thinks that they have died.
9. What other creatures are flying in the air with Fledge and the children?
10. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
(a) The stags
(b) The birds
(c) The elephants
(d) The moles
11. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) From the ground beneath him.
(b) From his left.
(c) He cannot tell.
(d) From overhead.
12. Why did the Cabby live in London?
(a) He could find work there, but not in the countryside where he grew up.
(b) He was a Cockney born and bred and didn't want to leave London ever.
(c) He moved there because that is where his wife's family lives.
(d) He wanted to sing in the choir of St Paul's Cathedral.
13. Which direction do the golden gates face?
14. Which animal brings Uncle Andrew to Aslan?
(b) The Bulldog
(c) The Elephant
(d) The Bear
15. Where do the children shelter for the night?
(a) Under Fledge's wings
(b) In a small cave
(c) In a hollow tree
(d) Under a bush
Short Answer Questions
1. Which season did the Cabby find the most unpleasant for him to work in?
2. Why wasn't Uncle Andrew able to hear the animals talking?
3. What was the Cabby's wife doing when Aslan calls her into Narnia?
4. How do the members of the crowd try to attack Jadis?
5. What does Uncle Andrew say that raises Digory's hopes and makes him very excited?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)