|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
2. What phrase does Uncle Andrew use to justify his unethical actions?
(a) Ours is a high and lonely destiny.
(b) You will keep looking at everything from the wrong point of view.
(c) I will not be talked to like that by a little, dirty schoolboy.
(d) I am the great scholar, the adept who is doing the experiment.
3. What form of transport does Uncle Andrew order for the Witch and himself?
(a) A hansom cab
(b) A governess cart
(c) A gig
(d) A coach and four
4. What is Uncle Andrew's characteristic gesture or habit while speaking?
(a) Drumming his fingers on the tabletop
(b) Running his hands through his rumpled gray hair
(c) Rubbing his hands and making his knuckles crack
(d) Stroking his chin
5. How many nobles did the Queen's great-grandfather kill in the banqueting hall?
(b) One hundred
(d) Seven hundred
6. Which of Polly's hands is the Queen holding?
(a) Her left hand.
(b) Neither hand - Polly is running behind Digory and the Queen.
(c) Her right hand.
(d) Neither hand - the Queen is dragging her by her hair.
7. What does Aunt Letty fall onto?
(a) The carpet in the sitting room.
(b) The matress she had been mending.
(c) Bare boards.
(d) The drawing room sofa.
8. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
(a) A foreign country
(b) A circus
(c) A troupe of actors
(d) Another world
9. Into which pocket does Digory put the green rings?
(a) His right pocket
(b) His left pocket
(c) His waistcoat pocket
(d) Both his left and right pockets
10. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(a) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
(b) They aren't wearing any rings.
11. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
12. How does Jadis get dragged from her world to the Wood?
(a) She is holding onto Polly's hair.
(b) She is holding Digory's hand.
(c) She is holding onto Polly's hand.
(d) She uses her magic powers to follow the children.
13. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
14. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
(a) Sapphire earrings
(b) A rope of pearls
(c) A diamond tiara
(d) A diamond necklace
15. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A golden coach
(b) A tame dragon
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A chariot
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
2. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
3. How does Jadis get dragged from the Wood into our world?
4. What does Uncle Andrew offer to Polly?
5. In what city is this story set?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)