|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housemaid?
2. What expressions are seen on the faces at the beginning of the row of images?
(a) Solemn and dignified
(b) Proud and cruel
(c) Wise and cruel
(d) Kind and wise
3. What phrase does Uncle Andrew use to justify his unethical actions?
(a) I will not be talked to like that by a little, dirty schoolboy.
(b) You will keep looking at everything from the wrong point of view.
(c) I am the great scholar, the adept who is doing the experiment.
(d) Ours is a high and lonely destiny.
4. What is the name of the Queen?
5. Which of the following does Digory miss about his old home in the country?
(a) Fruit trees in the garden
(b) A pet guinea pig
(c) Owning a pony
(d) Fresh air and quiet
6. What does Uncle Andrew offer to Polly?
(a) A yellow ring
(b) A fountain pen
(c) A book
(d) A green ring
7. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
(a) A yell
(b) A weird flashing light
(c) A peculiar smell
(d) A strange humming sound
8. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A chariot
(b) A tame dragon
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A golden coach
9. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
(a) Two hours
(b) One hour
(c) Half an hour
(d) A week
10. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
(a) Strong magic spells preserve them.
(b) All the bacteria in that world are dead, as is everything else.
(c) They are made from indestructible fabrics.
(d) The chamber has been sealed for centuries.
11. Where is Digory's father?
(a) In India
(b) In the country house
(c) He is in prison
(d) He has died
12. How wide are the pools?
(a) Twenty feet from edge to edge.
(b) Ten feet from edge to edge.
(c) Ten feet in radius.
(d) Ten yards from edge to edge.
13. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Bleak, dead and desolate
(b) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(c) Cold, boring and stuffy
(d) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
14. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(b) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
(c) They aren't wearing any rings.
15. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) None - she is completely calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city?
2. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
3. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
4. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
5. How do the children mark the pool leading back into our world?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)