|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinctive about the doors leading into the Hall of Images?
(a) They look as though they are made of gold.
(b) They have magical writing carved into the wood.
(c) They are made of a mysterious black metal.
(d) They are studded with precious gems.
2. What spells or curses would Jadis cast on Andrew if he disobeys or betrays her?
(a) Every chair he sat on would feel like ice and his bed would feel red hot.
(b) She would command invisible demons to whip him.
(c) She would turn him into a rattlesnake.
(d) Every chair he sat on would feel red hot, and he would find invisible ice in his bed.
3. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
4. How does Jadis get dragged from her world to the Wood?
(a) She is holding Digory's hand.
(b) She is holding onto Polly's hand.
(c) She is holding onto Polly's hair.
(d) She uses her magic powers to follow the children.
5. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is admiring his looks.
(b) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(c) She is reading his mind and heart.
(d) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
6. Where does the Ketterley family originate?
7. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
(a) He is afraid that he, too, will sit on red hot chairs and have ice in his bed.
(b) He fears that she will go into his mother's room and frighten her to death.
(c) He is afraid that Uncle Andrew and she will conquer the world.
(d) He is afraid that Polly will never forgive him.
8. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
(a) A rope of pearls
(b) A diamond necklace
(c) Sapphire earrings
(d) A diamond tiara
9. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
(a) Stuffy, drowsy and soporific
(b) Bleak, barren and sterile
(c) Noisy, exciting and lively
(d) Alive, quiet and rich
10. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
(a) The clothes the figures are wearing.
(b) The faces of the people.
(c) The hairstyles of the women in the figures.
(d) The jewels the figures are wearing.
11. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
(a) A troupe of actors
(b) A circus
(c) A foreign country
(d) Another world
12. Which of the following does Polly not keep in the "smugglers' cave"?
(b) Ginger beer
(c) A story she is writing
(d) A store of toffee
13. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
(a) The Tower of London
(b) Big Ben
(c) St Paul's Cathedral
(d) Buckingham Palace
14. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
(a) Miss Ketterley
(b) Mrs Ketterley
(c) Miss Letitia
(d) Miss Letty
15. What does the Cabby tell Jadis to do?
(a) Go home and have a cup of tea and a rest.
(b) To stop whipping his horse.
(c) That she is a disgraceful hussy.
(d) To go home until she is sober again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
2. How does Jadis get dragged from the Wood into our world?
3. From where did the box that Andrew took from Mrs Lefay come?
4. Where did Jadis learn the Deplorable Word?
5. What is the name of the Queen?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)