|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
(a) He is afraid that he, too, will sit on red hot chairs and have ice in his bed.
(b) He fears that she will go into his mother's room and frighten her to death.
(c) He is afraid that Uncle Andrew and she will conquer the world.
(d) He is afraid that Polly will never forgive him.
2. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
(a) The faces of the people.
(b) The hairstyles of the women in the figures.
(c) The jewels the figures are wearing.
(d) The clothes the figures are wearing.
3. What do the children use to see where they are in the tunnel?
(c) Nothing - they feel their way in the dark
4. What was the name of Uncle Andrew's godmother?
(a) Mrs Lefay
(b) Mrs Leaf
(c) Morgana Le Fay
(d) Miss Lefay
5. How many nobles did the Queen's great-grandfather kill in the banqueting hall?
(b) One hundred
(c) Seven hundred
6. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
(a) A peculiar smell
(b) A weird flashing light
(c) A yell
(d) A strange humming sound
7. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
8. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
(a) Unpleasant experiences while learning magic
(b) Touching the magical dust
(c) Old age
(d) A period of ill health
9. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
10. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A golden coach
(b) A tame dragon
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A chariot
11. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
12. What color is the Queen's skin?
13. What is the name of the Queen?
14. Which piece of scientific equipment is on Uncle Andrew's desk?
(a) A microscope
(b) An alembic
(c) A telescope
(d) A bunsen burner
15. What does the Cabby tell Jadis to do?
(a) To go home until she is sober again.
(b) To stop whipping his horse.
(c) That she is a disgraceful hussy.
(d) Go home and have a cup of tea and a rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Digory do before picking up the ring?
2. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
3. What color are the rings
4. What is Aunt Letty doing when Uncle Andrew finds her?
5. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)