|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
(a) Two hours
(b) Half an hour
(c) One hour
(d) A week
2. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
(a) All the bacteria in that world are dead, as is everything else.
(b) They are made from indestructible fabrics.
(c) The chamber has been sealed for centuries.
(d) Strong magic spells preserve them.
3. What is Aunt Letty doing when Uncle Andrew finds her?
(a) She is drinking tea.
(b) She is mending a matress.
(c) She is entertaining visitors.
(d) She is doing embroidery.
4. Into which pocket does Digory put the green rings?
(a) His right pocket
(b) Both his left and right pockets
(c) His waistcoat pocket
(d) His left pocket
5. How does Uncle Andrew describe the Witch behind her back?
(a) A dem fine woman.
(b) An old fool.
(c) A terrible creature.
(d) My dear girl.
6. What color is the sky in the new world?
(a) Streaks of yellow, blue and red
(b) A blue that is almost black.
(d) Light blue
7. How many nobles did the Queen's great-grandfather kill in the banqueting hall?
(a) One hundred
(d) Seven hundred
8. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
(b) Being eaten by wild animals
9. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
10. What color is the Queen's skin?
11. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(b) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
(c) She is admiring his looks.
(d) She is reading his mind and heart.
12. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
(a) It is wedged onto the guinea pig's nose.
(b) It is hanging off the guinea pig's tail.
(c) The guinea pig is wearing the ring on its paw.
(d) It is tied on by a tape or ribbon around the guinea pig's middle.
13. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
(a) The Tower of London
(b) St Paul's Cathedral
(c) Big Ben
(d) Buckingham Palace
14. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
(a) A foreign country
(b) Another world
(c) A circus
(d) A troupe of actors
15. What color are the doors that the Queen blasts?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the box that Andrew took from Mrs Lefay come?
2. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
3. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
4. Where did Jadis learn the Deplorable Word?
5. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)