|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Digory see the writing?
(a) On the chair of the last queen
(b) On the hammer
(c) On the pillar
(d) On the bell
2. What color of stone has been used to build the old palace in which they find themselves?
3. What does Uncle Andrew offer to Polly?
(a) A green ring
(b) A yellow ring
(c) A book
(d) A fountain pen
4. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
(a) Touching the magical dust
(b) Unpleasant experiences while learning magic
(c) Old age
(d) A period of ill health
5. What is Aunt Letty doing when Uncle Andrew finds her?
(a) She is entertaining visitors.
(b) She is mending a matress.
(c) She is doing embroidery.
(d) She is drinking tea.
6. What expressions are seen on the faces at the beginning of the row of images?
(a) Kind and wise
(b) Wise and cruel
(c) Solemn and dignified
(d) Proud and cruel
7. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
(a) A swarm of bees and a guinea pig
(b) Polly and a guinea pig
(c) He only sees Polly and no other creature
(d) Polly and a pony
8. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
9. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
(a) The faces of the people.
(b) The clothes the figures are wearing.
(c) The hairstyles of the women in the figures.
(d) The jewels the figures are wearing.
10. How wide are the pools?
(a) Ten feet in radius.
(b) Twenty feet from edge to edge.
(c) Ten yards from edge to edge.
(d) Ten feet from edge to edge.
11. Where did Jadis learn the Deplorable Word?
(a) From her mother
(b) In the Great Library of the palace
(c) In a secret place
(d) In the temple in the middle of Charn
12. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
13. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her father
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her ex-husband
14. Where was Mrs Lefay shut up?
(a) In a nunnery
(b) In an asylum
(c) In prison
(d) In an attic
15. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
(a) In a crystal ball
(b) In a magic mirror or enchanted pool
(c) In a dream or vision
(d) In a book or great queens
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
2. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
3. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
4. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
5. What spells or curses would Jadis cast on Andrew if he disobeys or betrays her?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)