|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sun in that world?
2. Into which pocket does Digory put the green rings?
(a) His waistcoat pocket
(b) Both his left and right pockets
(c) His right pocket
(d) His left pocket
3. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(b) They aren't wearing any rings.
(c) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
4. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
(a) All the bacteria in that world are dead, as is everything else.
(b) They are made from indestructible fabrics.
(c) The chamber has been sealed for centuries.
(d) Strong magic spells preserve them.
5. What expressions are seen on the faces at the beginning of the row of images?
(a) Kind and wise
(b) Proud and cruel
(c) Solemn and dignified
(d) Wise and cruel
6. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
(a) It is tied on by a tape or ribbon around the guinea pig's middle.
(b) It is wedged onto the guinea pig's nose.
(c) The guinea pig is wearing the ring on its paw.
(d) It is hanging off the guinea pig's tail.
7. Where does the Ketterley family originate?
8. Which of the following does Polly not keep in the "smugglers' cave"?
(a) A store of toffee
(c) Ginger beer
(d) A story she is writing
9. What is Digory's last name?
10. What do the children use to see where they are in the tunnel?
(d) Nothing - they feel their way in the dark
11. What is distinctive about the doors leading into the Hall of Images?
(a) They are made of a mysterious black metal.
(b) They look as though they are made of gold.
(c) They are studded with precious gems.
(d) They have magical writing carved into the wood.
12. What color of stone has been used to build the old palace in which they find themselves?
13. What does Uncle Andrew keep hidden in his wardrobe?
(a) Another set of magic rings.
(b) A gold watch
(c) A bottle of spirits and a wine glass.
(d) Some money
14. What happened to the river in Charn during the battle?
(a) It flooded because of the high rain that was caused by magic.
(b) It was filled with battleships.
(c) It ran red with blood.
(d) It dried up completely.
15. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
(a) No - he has never seen her before
(b) No - Uncle Andrew is lying about her
(c) Yes - she has visited the house
(d) Yes, but only in a photo
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Andrew's characteristic gesture or habit while speaking?
2. From where did the box that Andrew took from Mrs Lefay come?
3. What color is the sky in the new world?
4. How wide are the pools?
5. How many nobles did the Queen's great-grandfather kill in the banqueting hall?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)