|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cabby tell Jadis to do?
(a) Go home and have a cup of tea and a rest.
(b) To stop whipping his horse.
(c) To go home until she is sober again.
(d) That she is a disgraceful hussy.
2. How does Jadis get dragged from the Wood into our world?
(a) She manages to catch hold of Digory's ear.
(b) She is still holding onto Polly's hair.
(c) She manages to catch hold of Polly's ear.
(d) Digory turns back and she manages to catch his hand.
3. How is Digory able to read the writing on the pillar?
(a) The shape of the writing changes so he can read it.
(b) Magic enables him to understand it.
(c) It is written in English.
(d) A voice from the pillar recites the verse.
4. What does Aunt Letty fall onto?
(a) The drawing room sofa.
(b) The matress she had been mending.
(c) Bare boards.
(d) The carpet in the sitting room.
5. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
(a) She is furious.
(b) None - she is completely calm.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She thinks it is funny.
6. What spells or curses would Jadis cast on Andrew if he disobeys or betrays her?
(a) Every chair he sat on would feel like ice and his bed would feel red hot.
(b) Every chair he sat on would feel red hot, and he would find invisible ice in his bed.
(c) She would command invisible demons to whip him.
(d) She would turn him into a rattlesnake.
7. What is most striking about the last queen, apart from her beauty?
(a) Her fierceness and pride
(b) Her cruel expression
(c) Her height and strength
(d) Her unbelievably long hair
8. What happened to the river in Charn during the battle?
(a) It ran red with blood.
(b) It dried up completely.
(c) It flooded because of the high rain that was caused by magic.
(d) It was filled with battleships.
9. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
(a) He only sees Polly and no other creature
(b) A swarm of bees and a guinea pig
(c) Polly and a guinea pig
(d) Polly and a pony
10. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
(a) A troupe of actors
(b) A circus
(c) Another world
(d) A foreign country
11. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
(a) Two hours
(b) A week
(c) Half an hour
(d) One hour
12. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
(a) A weird flashing light
(b) A peculiar smell
(c) A yell
(d) A strange humming sound
13. What color are the rings
(a) Red and yellow
(b) Black and white
(c) Green and blue
(d) Green and yellow
14. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
(a) Old age
(b) Unpleasant experiences while learning magic
(c) Touching the magical dust
(d) A period of ill health
15. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children use to see where they are in the tunnel?
2. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
3. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
4. What color is the Queen's skin?
5. What color are the doors that the Queen blasts?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)