|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
2. Where was Mrs Lefay shut up?
(a) In an attic
(b) In prison
(c) In an asylum
(d) In a nunnery
3. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
4. What is the name of the city?
5. What smell does Digory notice while he is waiting?
(c) Boiled cabbage
6. Where does the Ketterley family originate?
7. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
(a) Polly and a guinea pig
(b) A swarm of bees and a guinea pig
(c) He only sees Polly and no other creature
(d) Polly and a pony
8. What color is the sun in that world?
9. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
(a) He is afraid that Polly will never forgive him.
(b) He is afraid that Uncle Andrew and she will conquer the world.
(c) He fears that she will go into his mother's room and frighten her to death.
(d) He is afraid that he, too, will sit on red hot chairs and have ice in his bed.
10. When does Polly let go of Digory's hand?
(a) When they enter the Hall of Images
(b) When he suggests she is afraid of exploring the ruin.
(c) As soon as they arrive in the new world.
(d) When Digory strikes the bell.
11. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A golden coach
(b) A flying carpet
(c) A tame dragon
(d) A chariot
12. What is Aunt Letty doing when Uncle Andrew finds her?
(a) She is drinking tea.
(b) She is doing embroidery.
(c) She is mending a matress.
(d) She is entertaining visitors.
13. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
(a) A winged stone monster
(b) A beautiful nymph
(c) A flying horse
(d) A dolphin
14. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
(a) Sapphire earrings
(b) A diamond tiara
(c) A rope of pearls
(d) A diamond necklace
15. What did Uncle Andrew find in that box?
(b) The magic rings
(c) Guinea pigs
(d) An ancient parchement
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Uncle Andrew's hair turn gray?
2. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
3. What color are the doors that the Queen blasts?
4. What color are the rings
5. What is the name of Digory's mother?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)