|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aunt Letty think that Jadis comes from?
(a) A foreign country
(b) A troupe of actors
(c) Another world
(d) A circus
2. What did Uncle Andrew find in that box?
(a) The magic rings
(b) Guinea pigs
(d) An ancient parchement
3. What is distinctive about the doors leading into the Hall of Images?
(a) They are studded with precious gems.
(b) They look as though they are made of gold.
(c) They are made of a mysterious black metal.
(d) They have magical writing carved into the wood.
4. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
(a) A peculiar smell
(b) A weird flashing light
(c) A yell
(d) A strange humming sound
5. What color are the rings
(a) Black and white
(b) Red and yellow
(c) Green and yellow
(d) Green and blue
6. Where was Mrs Lefay shut up?
(a) In a nunnery
(b) In prison
(c) In an attic
(d) In an asylum
7. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is reading his mind and heart.
(b) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(c) She is admiring his looks.
(d) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
8. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
(b) Being eaten by wild animals
9. What is the name of the housemaid?
10. How does Jadis get dragged from the Wood into our world?
(a) She manages to catch hold of Digory's ear.
(b) She manages to catch hold of Polly's ear.
(c) Digory turns back and she manages to catch his hand.
(d) She is still holding onto Polly's hair.
11. Where is Digory's father?
(a) In India
(b) He has died
(c) In the country house
(d) He is in prison
12. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A flying carpet
(b) A tame dragon
(c) A chariot
(d) A golden coach
13. How does Uncle Andrew describe the Witch behind her back?
(a) A terrible creature.
(b) An old fool.
(c) A dem fine woman.
(d) My dear girl.
14. From where did the box that Andrew took from Mrs Lefay come?
15. What color is the sun in that world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Letty fall onto?
2. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
3. Where did Jadis learn the Deplorable Word?
4. Into which pocket does Digory put the green rings?
5. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)