|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
(a) Mrs Ketterley
(b) Miss Letitia
(c) Miss Ketterley
(d) Miss Letty
2. What color is the sky in the new world?
(a) Light blue
(c) A blue that is almost black.
(d) Streaks of yellow, blue and red
3. How does Uncle Andrew describe the Witch behind her back?
(a) A dem fine woman.
(b) A terrible creature.
(c) My dear girl.
(d) An old fool.
4. What is the name of the housemaid?
5. What does Digory do before picking up the ring?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He punches Uncle Andrew in the head.
(c) He buttons up his coat and takes a deep breath.
(d) He ties his shoelaces.
6. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
(a) Having your ears pop
(b) Getting waterlogged or wrinkled skin
(c) Getting water trapped in your ears
(d) Getting wet
7. How wide are the pools?
(a) Ten yards from edge to edge.
(b) Ten feet in radius.
(c) Ten feet from edge to edge.
(d) Twenty feet from edge to edge.
8. Which piece of scientific equipment is on Uncle Andrew's desk?
(a) An alembic
(b) A bunsen burner
(c) A microscope
(d) A telescope
9. What color is the Queen's skin?
10. What fruit does the visitor bring for Digory's mother?
11. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
(a) Two hours
(b) Half an hour
(c) A week
(d) One hour
12. How is Digory able to read the writing on the pillar?
(a) A voice from the pillar recites the verse.
(b) It is written in English.
(c) The shape of the writing changes so he can read it.
(d) Magic enables him to understand it.
13. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
(a) Yes, but only in a photo
(b) No - he has never seen her before
(c) Yes - she has visited the house
(d) No - Uncle Andrew is lying about her
14. In what city is this story set?
(b) New York
15. What is Digory's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
2. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
3. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
4. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
5. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)