|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the river in Charn during the battle?
(a) It flooded because of the high rain that was caused by magic.
(b) It ran red with blood.
(c) It dried up completely.
(d) It was filled with battleships.
2. What expected result of being underwater does not happen when using the magic of the pools?
(a) Getting waterlogged or wrinkled skin
(b) Getting wet
(c) Having your ears pop
(d) Getting water trapped in your ears
3. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
(a) A peculiar smell
(b) A yell
(c) A weird flashing light
(d) A strange humming sound
4. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
(a) A flying horse
(b) A winged stone monster
(c) A beautiful nymph
(d) A dolphin
5. What expressions are seen on the faces at the beginning of the row of images?
(a) Solemn and dignified
(b) Proud and cruel
(c) Kind and wise
(d) Wise and cruel
6. Where does the Ketterley family originate?
7. What spells or curses would Jadis cast on Andrew if he disobeys or betrays her?
(a) She would turn him into a rattlesnake.
(b) Every chair he sat on would feel red hot, and he would find invisible ice in his bed.
(c) Every chair he sat on would feel like ice and his bed would feel red hot.
(d) She would command invisible demons to whip him.
8. What color is the sun in that world?
9. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A flying carpet
(b) A tame dragon
(c) A chariot
(d) A golden coach
10. What is the name of the Queen?
11. Where is Digory's father?
(a) In the country house
(b) He is in prison
(c) He has died
(d) In India
12. How is Digory able to read the writing on the pillar?
(a) Magic enables him to understand it.
(b) A voice from the pillar recites the verse.
(c) The shape of the writing changes so he can read it.
(d) It is written in English.
13. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
(a) Stuffy, drowsy and soporific
(b) Noisy, exciting and lively
(c) Bleak, barren and sterile
(d) Alive, quiet and rich
14. Why does Jadis study Uncle Andrew's face?
(a) She is looking for the Mark of an evil magician.
(b) She is admiring his looks.
(c) She is trying to hypnotize him.
(d) She is reading his mind and heart.
15. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(b) None - she is completely calm.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
2. What is the name of the housemaid?
3. How does Jadis get dragged from the Wood into our world?
4. What season is it when Digory and Polly decide to explore the houses?
5. What happens to Jadis when she is in the Wood Between the Worlds?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)