|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(b) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
(d) They aren't wearing any rings.
2. What is the name of Digory's mother?
3. Into which pocket does Digory put the green rings?
(a) His right pocket
(b) Both his left and right pockets
(c) His waistcoat pocket
(d) His left pocket
4. What did Uncle Andrew find in that box?
(a) The magic rings
(b) An ancient parchement
(d) Guinea pigs
5. What form of transport does Uncle Andrew order for the Witch and himself?
(a) A gig
(b) A governess cart
(c) A hansom cab
(d) A coach and four
6. How does Jadis think that Uncle Andrew has seen her face?
(a) In a magic mirror or enchanted pool
(b) In a crystal ball
(c) In a dream or vision
(d) In a book or great queens
7. What was the name of Uncle Andrew's godmother?
(a) Miss Lefay
(b) Morgana Le Fay
(c) Mrs Lefay
(d) Mrs Leaf
8. What season is it when Digory and Polly decide to explore the houses?
9. Who did Jadis fight for the throne?
(a) Her father
(b) Her sister
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her ex-husband
10. Which of the following does Jadis not suggest as a means of transport?
(a) A flying carpet
(b) A golden coach
(c) A tame dragon
(d) A chariot
11. What color of stone has been used to build the old palace in which they find themselves?
12. How wide are the pools?
(a) Ten yards from edge to edge.
(b) Ten feet in radius.
(c) Ten feet from edge to edge.
(d) Twenty feet from edge to edge.
13. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(b) She is furious.
(c) None - she is completely calm.
(d) She is afraid.
14. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
(a) The surface of the water freezes over.
(b) The trees hiss and roar in a high wind.
(c) They get their feet wet.
(d) They sink in water up to their necks.
15. Had Digory seen Mrs Lefay before?
(a) Yes, but only in a photo
(b) No - he has never seen her before
(c) No - Uncle Andrew is lying about her
(d) Yes - she has visited the house
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen are riding in the second hansom cab?
2. What color is the sun in that world?
3. Which of the following does Digory miss about his old home in the country?
4. What happens to Jadis when she is in the Wood Between the Worlds?
5. Where does Digory see the writing?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)