|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jadis learn the Deplorable Word?
(a) From her mother
(b) In a secret place
(c) In the Great Library of the palace
(d) In the temple in the middle of Charn
2. What is the name of the city?
3. What was the name of Uncle Andrew's godmother?
(a) Mrs Lefay
(b) Morgana Le Fay
(c) Mrs Leaf
(d) Miss Lefay
4. How many nobles did the Queen's great-grandfather kill in the banqueting hall?
(a) Seven hundred
(d) One hundred
5. What does Uncle Andrew keep hidden in his wardrobe?
(a) A gold watch
(b) Some money
(c) Another set of magic rings.
(d) A bottle of spirits and a wine glass.
6. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
(a) The hairstyles of the women in the figures.
(b) The clothes the figures are wearing.
(c) The jewels the figures are wearing.
(d) The faces of the people.
7. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
(a) Treasure Island
(b) Alice in Wonderland
(c) The Treasure Seekers (about the Bastable children)
(d) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
8. What color is the sky in the new world?
(a) Light blue
(b) Streaks of yellow, blue and red
(c) A blue that is almost black.
9. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
(a) The chamber has been sealed for centuries.
(b) They are made from indestructible fabrics.
(c) Strong magic spells preserve them.
(d) All the bacteria in that world are dead, as is everything else.
10. Which of the following did not happen to the guinea pigs that Uncle Andrew used for his experiments?
(a) They died
(b) They exploded
(c) They vanished
(d) They learned to speak
11. Where is Digory's father?
(a) In the country house
(b) He has died
(c) In India
(d) He is in prison
12. Where does the Ketterley family originate?
13. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Cold, boring and stuffy
(b) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
(c) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(d) Bleak, dead and desolate
14. What is the name of Digory's mother?
15. What has Jadis stolen from the jeweler's shop?
(a) Sapphire earrings
(b) A rope of pearls
(c) A diamond tiara
(d) A diamond necklace
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Queen?
2. Who was riding in the hansom that the Witch was driving?
3. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
4. What color of light does Digory notice overhead first after putting on the yellow ring?
5. What smell does Digory notice while he is waiting?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)