|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 The First Joke and Other Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
(a) They swirl in a complicated dance through the night sky.
(b) A constellation in the shape of a lion dominates the night.
(c) They are multicolored rather than just being white or whitish.
(d) They are singing along with the First Voice.
2. What color is the Queen's skin?
3. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) From his left.
(b) He cannot tell.
(c) From the ground beneath him.
(d) From overhead.
4. From what did the lamp post grow?
(a) It sprang from the ground in response to the Lion's song.
(b) We are not told
(c) A piece of scrap metal dropped by Uncle Andrew
(d) The iron bar Jadis threw at the Lion
5. Which season did the Cabby find the most unpleasant for him to work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of ring takes you into the Wood between the Worlds?
2. Which possible fate does Uncle Andrew not suggest may happen to Polly if Digory does not go to rescue her?
3. What did Uncle Andrew find in that box?
4. How is Digory able to read the writing on the pillar?
5. How many nobles did the Queen's great-grandfather kill in the banqueting hall?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)