|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 The First Joke and Other Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the horse react to being taken into the Wood Between the Worlds?
(a) Fire enters its eyes and it bucks the Witch off its back.
(b) It shakes and looks sick.
(c) It screams and lays its ears flat against its skull.
(d) It calms down and whinnies cheerfully.
2. Which of the following mythological beings does not appear after the Lion's words?
3. Who was riding in the hansom that the Witch was driving?
(a) The cabby
(b) Uncle Andrew
(d) A policeman
4. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
(b) Bleak, dead and desolate
(c) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(d) Cold, boring and stuffy
5. What does the Cabby think has happened to them?
(a) He knows that they are traveling by magic.
(b) He thinks they have fallen down some diggings for the London Underground.
(c) He thinks that they have died.
(d) He thinks they have fallen down a mineshaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children mark the pool leading back into our world?
2. What color is the waistcoat that Uncle Andrew puts on in an attempt to impress the Witch?
3. What two living things (other than trees) does Digory see in the wood?
4. Which of Polly's hands is the Queen holding?
5. Which way is the river flowing in the new world?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)