|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 The Beginning of Uncle Andrew's Troubles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinctive about the doors leading into the Hall of Images?
(a) They are studded with precious gems.
(b) They have magical writing carved into the wood.
(c) They are made of a mysterious black metal.
(d) They look as though they are made of gold.
2. What sort of ring takes you into the Wood between the Worlds?
(a) A green ring on your right hand and a yellow ring on your left
(b) A yellow ring
(c) Either of the rings - it doesn't matter which
(d) A green ring
3. How is a yellow ring attached to the guinea pig?
(a) The guinea pig is wearing the ring on its paw.
(b) It is hanging off the guinea pig's tail.
(c) It is tied on by a tape or ribbon around the guinea pig's middle.
(d) It is wedged onto the guinea pig's nose.
4. What is Uncle Andrew's characteristic gesture or habit while speaking?
(a) Drumming his fingers on the tabletop
(b) Rubbing his hands and making his knuckles crack
(c) Stroking his chin
(d) Running his hands through his rumpled gray hair
5. What emotion does the Queen show when she realizes the palace is breaking up?
(a) None - she is completely calm.
(b) She is furious.
(c) She thinks it is funny.
(d) She is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
2. What would Polly call Aunt Letty?
3. In what city is this story set?
4. Which of the following does Digory miss about his old home in the country?
5. What expressions are seen on the faces at the beginning of the row of images?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)