|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Bell and the Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
(a) The surface of the water freezes over.
(b) They sink in water up to their necks.
(c) They get their feet wet.
(d) The trees hiss and roar in a high wind.
2. When does Polly let go of Digory's hand?
(a) When they enter the Hall of Images
(b) When he suggests she is afraid of exploring the ruin.
(c) As soon as they arrive in the new world.
(d) When Digory strikes the bell.
3. What is stopping all the clothes from rotting away?
(a) All the bacteria in that world are dead, as is everything else.
(b) They are made from indestructible fabrics.
(c) The chamber has been sealed for centuries.
(d) Strong magic spells preserve them.
4. From where did the box that Andrew took from Mrs Lefay come?
5. Where was Mrs Lefay shut up?
(a) In an attic
(b) In prison
(c) In a nunnery
(d) In an asylum
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of London do the children see while traveling back using the green rings?
2. How do the children mark the pool leading back into our world?
3. How is Digory able to read the writing on the pillar?
4. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
5. What is most striking about the last queen, apart from her beauty?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)