|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Wood Between the Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of scientific equipment is on Uncle Andrew's desk?
(a) An alembic
(b) A telescope
(c) A microscope
(d) A bunsen burner
2. What does Digory do before picking up the ring?
(a) He ties his shoelaces.
(b) He punches Uncle Andrew in the head.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He buttons up his coat and takes a deep breath.
3. What happens when they jump into the pools wearing the wrong rings?
(a) The surface of the water freezes over.
(b) The trees hiss and roar in a high wind.
(c) They get their feet wet.
(d) They sink in water up to their necks.
4. What color rings are the children wearing when they first jump into the new pool?
(a) They aren't wearing any rings.
(c) Polly is wearing a green ring, but Digory is wearing a yellow ring.
5. Which of the following does Polly not keep in the "smugglers' cave"?
(a) A story she is writing
(b) Ginger beer
(c) A store of toffee
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the rings
2. How do the children mark the pool leading back into our world?
3. Which other classic children's book is not mentioned or referred to in this chapter?
4. Which phrase best describes the wood Digory finds himself in?
5. What unsettling thing does Digory hear one night coming from the attic?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)