|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 An Unexpected Meeting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinctive piece of clothing does the Cabby wear?
(a) A top hat
(b) A bowler hat
(c) A frock coat
(d) A Norfolk suit
2. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
(a) Earth, grass and flowers
(b) Pine trees and mushrooms
(c) Fresh fruit and dry grass
(d) Woodsmoke and wildflowers
3. What form of transport does Uncle Andrew order for the Witch and himself?
(a) A gig
(b) A hansom cab
(c) A governess cart
(d) A coach and four
4. What is Digory afraid of now that the Witch/Queen is in London and in his house?
(a) He is afraid that Uncle Andrew and she will conquer the world.
(b) He is afraid that he, too, will sit on red hot chairs and have ice in his bed.
(c) He fears that she will go into his mother's room and frighten her to death.
(d) He is afraid that Polly will never forgive him.
5. What season is it when Digory and Polly decide to explore the houses?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Polly sent to bed for as a punishment?
2. Which of the following does not happen when the Lion gives the animals the gift of speech and reason?
3. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
4. What is the first thing that the Witch tempts Digory to do?
5. What is the first thing that Digory does in the morning?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)