|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 The Founding of Narnia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following flowers are not growing close to where they are standing?
2. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
(a) A winged stone monster
(b) A flying horse
(c) A beautiful nymph
(d) A dolphin
3. What happened to the river in Charn during the battle?
(a) It dried up completely.
(b) It flooded because of the high rain that was caused by magic.
(c) It ran red with blood.
(d) It was filled with battleships.
4. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
(b) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(c) Bleak, dead and desolate
(d) Cold, boring and stuffy
5. When does Polly let go of Digory's hand?
(a) When he suggests she is afraid of exploring the ruin.
(b) When they enter the Hall of Images
(c) When Digory strikes the bell.
(d) As soon as they arrive in the new world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
2. Which animals look like trees when they first appear?
3. What is Uncle Andrew's characteristic gesture or habit while speaking?
4. What does the Cabby tell Jadis to do?
5. What smell does Digory notice while he is waiting?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)