|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 Strawberry's Adventure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
(a) From the ground beneath him.
(b) He cannot tell.
(c) From overhead.
(d) From his left.
2. What is most striking about the last queen, apart from her beauty?
(a) Her height and strength
(b) Her unbelievably long hair
(c) Her fierceness and pride
(d) Her cruel expression
3. What do the children smell when Fledge lands for the night?
(a) Fresh fruit and dry grass
(b) Woodsmoke and wildflowers
(c) Pine trees and mushrooms
(d) Earth, grass and flowers
4. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Brandy and cigarettes.
(b) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
(c) Aftershave and lavender.
(d) Brandy and cigars
5. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
(a) A song begins.
(b) A golden lion appears in front of them.
(c) Hundreds of stars suddenlly appear.
(d) A line of white light appears on the horizon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
2. What interests Polly most about the Hall of Images?
3. How many policemen does Jadis knock out using the bar from the lamp-post?
4. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
5. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)