|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 Strawberry's Adventure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sculpture was once used as a fountain?
(a) A dolphin
(b) A beautiful nymph
(c) A winged stone monster
(d) A flying horse
2. What does the Lion do that surprises Digory?
(a) He makes Digory feel ridiculous.
(b) He cries in sympathy for Digory.
(c) He agrees to give him something to cure his mother.
(d) He begins to sing again.
3. Of what does Uncle Andrew smell?
(a) Brandy and cigars
(b) Brandy and cigarettes.
(c) Aftershave and lavender.
(d) Pipe-smoke and whisky.
4. What phrase best describes the palace in which they find themselves?
(a) Majestic, terrifying and awe-inspiring
(b) Secret, lonely and mysterious
(c) Cold, boring and stuffy
(d) Bleak, dead and desolate
5. Which of the following is one difference between the stars Digory is used to seeing in our world and the stars in this new world?
(a) They are singing along with the First Voice.
(b) They are multicolored rather than just being white or whitish.
(c) A constellation in the shape of a lion dominates the night.
(d) They swirl in a complicated dance through the night sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first event the travelers notice in the darkness?
2. Which of the following characters does not get dragged into the Wood Between the Worlds?
3. What does the Lion ask Digory to fetch and why?
4. What color is the sky in the new world?
5. Which direction does Digory think the song in the darkness comes from?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)