Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amos do with the ship?
2. What does the man in charge ask Arutha?
3. In what is the man standing outside a cell room dressed?
4. What does a ranger tell Thomas and Dolgan one night?
5. Who is the foe Chogana tells Pug he must face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Milamber makes it through the rift?
2. What happens when Milamber gets angry at the arena?
3. What is the man standing outside a room doing and wearing? What can you infer from his dress and manner?
4. What happens to Arutha when he runs to escape?
5. What does Milamber attend in the land of the Tsurani and of what does it consist?
6. Where are Martin and Garret going and what does Martin tell Garret he wants from him?
7. What does Charles tell Arutha about the Tsurani?
8. What does Duke Borric tell his son Lyam?
9. What does Princess Anita do when she enters the room and what does she say?
10. What does the Warlord want from the Great Ones and what is their response?
The ultimate success of a book hinges on many factors. A book such as Magician, Master is difficult to gage its success because it is one in a series of books about Midkemia. Nonetheless, there are some aspects of any book that must be rendered well in order for it to be considered a successful work of fiction. Discuss the following:
1. What are some aspects of the book that contribute to it being a successful novel? Give examples.
2. What are some aspects of the book that should be changed to make it an even more successful novel? Give examples.
3. Discuss five aspects of any work of fiction that need to be present and done well to make it a successful novel.
Hokanu saves Laurie and Pug and it seems to the reader that he tries to befriend them. Laurie seems to be learning to trust in Hokanu as he talks to them but you see that Pug doesn't trust the Tsurani and may feel that he is trying to use them.
1. Do you think you could be friends with someone who has enslaved you? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Pug is right in his suspicions about Hokanu? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. What kind of friendship can be had between people of two different classes, such as a slave and an owner, a very wealthy person and a factory worker, etc. Do you think friendship between two widely dispersed classes is possible? Why or why not?
Calin is resolved to kill Thomas if need be. It seems the Queen has held Calin off but is told by Macros that pushing Thomas too far away may drive Thomas toward the darkness because of the emotions it will invoke.
1. Why do you think the queen pushing Thomas away might push him towards the darkness? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Discuss the reasons Calin has for killing Thomas and why you agree or disagree with those reasons.
3. Discuss thoroughly what can you infer about Marcos based on his interactions and words with the Queen and others.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)