|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guy du Bas-Tyra hope something will go wrong at the coronation?
(a) So he can marry Anita.
(b) So he can claim the crown.
(c) So a civil war is started.
(d) So he can kill Lyam.
2. What does Hokanu help Laurie and Kasumi do on the other side of the rift?
(a) Find the Midkemia king.
(b) Helps them hide.
(c) Find the Tsurani general.
(d) Gives them food.
3. What message arrives from the Emperor?
(a) He will wait and see.
(b) He is opposed to peace.
(c) He will come himself to sign the peace treaty.
(d) He is opposed to war.
4. Why is Arutha angry with Lyam?
(a) For revealing the Duke's secret before coronation.
(b) For wanting Martin to be king.
(c) For being with their father when he died.
(d) For wanting Arutha to step aside.
5. Why is Martin worried about Lyam?
(a) That he will kill Martin.
(b) That he is childless.
(c) That he won't make a good king.
(d) That he is too young to be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pug tell Kulgan about the rift?
2. What does the Duke tell Lyam and Brucal?
3. What does Milamber tell Kamatsu?
4. What has Milamber not decided yet?
5. What did the king say about Guy du Bas-Tyra before dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin and how does Arutha feel about it?
2. What do Pug and the others first find when they go to Macros' island?
3. Why is Arutha angry at Lyam and what does he vow?
4. Where do Kasumi and Laurie go and what happens when they first arrive there?
5. Where does Pug go when he reaches Midkemia and who does he see? What does the man tell him?
6. What does Macros tell Thomas?
7. What does Kasumi say about Pug's actions at the festival?
8. What is to be done about Guy du Bas-Tyra and what does Guy do?
9. What happens when Laurie and Kasumi reach Krondor?
10. How does Lyam feel about being king and what does he think about Martin?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)