|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what is the man standing outside a cell room dressed?
(a) Short pants and flowing sleeve shirt.
(b) Red robes.
(c) White robes.
(d) Bloused pants and jerkin.
2. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
(a) He had always hated Nogamu.
(b) So he won't die from the knife wound.
(c) That's the punishment for attempted murder.
(d) He had some rope handy.
3. Why do the elves need Thomas?
(a) They need children.
(b) They need an equal for their queen.
(c) They are under attack.
(d) They need money.
4. What did Guy tell Anita?
(a) He was going to kill her father.
(b) He was going to marry her.
(c) She was going to marry his son.
(d) He was going to kill her.
5. Why does Amos volunteer to take charge of Prince Arutha's boat?
(a) It will be dangerous sailing at that time of the year.
(b) He wants to earn the money.
(c) He has very good sailors under him.
(d) He knows the prince can trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when they leave the harbor?
2. What does the visitor say they will need when the enemy attacks?
3. With whom does Pug fall in love?
4. Who were the Valheru?
5. What does Amos tell Arutha when he brings up his piracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nogamu try to do to Pug and Laurie and how did that turn out?
2. What does Chogana tell Pug before Pug leaves the camp?
3. What is known about Pug and Laurie in the opening of the book?
4. What is the gist of Anita and Arutha's conversation about Pug?
5. What does Cook ask Arutha and what does Arutha tell him? What does Cook do when Arutha answers him?
6. What does Hochopepa tell Milamber he will have to do to stay alive?
7. What does Arutha decide to do?
8. Why is Aglaragnna discussing Thomas? How do you think a person who had been given some great power would change
9. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
10. What does Charles tell Arutha about the Tsurani?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)