|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they plan on Pug and Laurie teaching Kasumi?
(a) How to cut down trees.
(b) How to shoot a bow.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) How to play the stone game.
2. Who is Ashen-Shugar?
(a) One of the old gods.
(b) A warrior from the enemy.
(c) Pug's friend.
(d) The queen's messenger.
3. Why does the Association wish to put Milamber to death?
(a) He is a slave.
(b) They are at war with his home world.
(c) He won't obey the rules.
(d) He is more powerful than any one of them.
4. What does Arutha find out when he goes to see his sister?
(a) Their mother is ill.
(b) Their brother was killed.
(c) Their father has returned.
(d) Squire Roland has been killed.
5. How do the Tsurani view the conducting of war?
(a) As a manifest destiny.
(b) As a take all and give no mercy.
(c) As a political game.
(d) As good against evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amos leaves the ship to walk in the city?
2. What does the visitor tell the queen about Thomas?
3. What relation is the Great One to Komatsu?
4. What do Martin and Amos think about Arutha with Anita on the ship?
5. What does Anita tell Arutha about Pug?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the queen decide? What does that decision tell you about the queen?
2. What is the gist of Anita and Arutha's conversation about Pug?
3. What happens to Arutha when he runs to escape?
4. Who appears at the queen's abode and what does he tell the queen about their enemy and himself?
5. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
6. What does Macros' note explain about himself and interrupting the peace negotiations?
7. What does the man in black give the young man everyday?
8. Who are the Valheru and why would anyone want any of their artifacts? What can you infer about the Valheru from their artifacts effect on people?
9. What was the dream the young man had and what did he do about it?
10. What happens when King Rodric arrives?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)