|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people search out the magic items that belonged to the Valheru?
(a) They are well made.
(b) They want the dark power.
(c) They are always pretty.
(d) They sell for a lot of money.
2. Who is Martin Longbow?
(a) A slave.
(b) A Tsurani soldier.
(c) A huntsmaster.
(d) The prince's squire.
3. What does Ashen-Shugar do at the end of a battle with the Valheru?
(a) Goes to another planet.
(b) Kills all the other gods.
(c) Kills his dragon.
(d) Kills himself.
4. What does Milamber see as he stands on a high rock during his last task?
(a) The creation of the world.
(b) The history of his own world.
(c) The history of the Tsurani people.
(d) Two dragons fighting in the sky.
5. What does Hokanu ask Pug and Laurie?
(a) Why they are there.
(b) If they know how to paint.
(c) Who should be the new overseer.
(d) If they like working in the swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Martin and Amos think about Arutha with Anita on the ship?
2. Who gave Thomas his artifact?
3. What does Hokanu tell his father is the reason he brought Pug and Laurie with him?
4. Why is the elf queen discussing Thomas?
5. What does the visitor tell the queen about Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gist of Anita and Arutha's conversation about Pug?
2. Who is Kasumi and what do they want Pug and Laurie to do with him?
3. Who is the small boy that misled Arutha and what does he say about himself?
4. What does the man in black give the young man everyday?
5. What is known about Pug and Laurie in the opening of the book?
6. Who are the Valheru and why would anyone want any of their artifacts? What can you infer about the Valheru from their artifacts effect on people?
7. What does Pug see on his last test?
8. What does the queen do after the battle in relationship to Thomas? Explain why the queen's actions may be a foreshadowing of future events.
9. What does the queen decide? What does that decision tell you about the queen?
10. What does Cook ask Arutha and what does Arutha tell him? What does Cook do when Arutha answers him?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)