|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita tell Arutha about Pug?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She knew Pug's mother.
(c) She and Pug put the rotten apples in Arutha's bed.
(d) He helped her sneak looks at Arutha when he was a boy.
2. Who is waiting at the place the boy takes Arutha?
(a) His brother.
(b) The king.
(c) Men with swords.
(d) His sister.
3. Why does Amos volunteer to take charge of Prince Arutha's boat?
(a) It will be dangerous sailing at that time of the year.
(b) He knows the prince can trust him.
(c) He wants to earn the money.
(d) He has very good sailors under him.
4. What does the man in charge ask Arutha?
(a) Where he is from.
(b) What he has on the ship.
(c) If he is loyal to the king.
(d) Why he is there.
5. What does Milamber's true name in the Tsurani tongue mean?
(a) He who is most powerful.
(b) One that stands between worlds.
(c) He who has come from another world.
(d) He who was slave and is now not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas want to capture?
2. Why was Chogana at the swamp?
3. What does the queen do for Thomas?
4. What does Arutha find out when he goes to see his sister?
5. What does Milamber see as he stands on a high rock during his last task?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the small boy that misled Arutha and what does he say about himself?
2. How does Pug end up being taken from Kotmasu's estate?
3. Why do the soldiers in the army tend to obey Thomas? What can you infer about Thomas from this?
4. What does Cook ask Arutha and what does Arutha tell him? What does Cook do when Arutha answers him?
5. Why is the boat trip Amos will be doing dangerous, what do they do about that and how does it turn out?
6. What does Charles tell Arutha about the Tsurani?
7. What does the queen do after the battle in relationship to Thomas? Explain why the queen's actions may be a foreshadowing of future events.
8. What does Arutha decide to do?
9. What happens to Arutha when he runs to escape?
10. What has happened in Krondor by the time they arrive?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)