|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in black tell him to do?
(a) Open a door.
(b) Fill out some forms.
(c) Sit down and be quiet.
(d) Open a window.
2. Who does Thomas want to capture?
(a) A Black Robed man.
(b) The enemy's general.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) No one in particular.
3. Why do the elves need Thomas?
(a) They need money.
(b) They need children.
(c) They are under attack.
(d) They need an equal for their queen.
4. Why does the Association wish to put Milamber to death?
(a) He is a slave.
(b) They are at war with his home world.
(c) He is more powerful than any one of them.
(d) He won't obey the rules.
5. What does Arutha say when he asks why Radburn wants him?
(a) He honestly doesn't know.
(b) He and Radburn used to be soldiers together.
(c) He didn't know any Radburn.
(d) Radburn was an old enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nogamu want to kill Laurie?
2. What kind of news does Martin bring Arutha?
3. What does Anita tell Arutha about Pug?
4. Why can't they leave Krondor right away?
5. Where are Pug and Laurie working at the opening of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Arutha when he runs to escape?
2. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
3. Who appears at the queen's abode and what does he tell the queen about their enemy and himself?
4. What does Charles tell Arutha about the Tsurani?
5. What did Nogamu try to do to Pug and Laurie and how did that turn out?
6. What is the man standing outside a room doing and wearing? What can you infer from his dress and manner?
7. What does Princess Anita do when she enters the room and what does she say?
8. Why is the boat trip Amos will be doing dangerous, what do they do about that and how does it turn out?
9. What has happened in Krondor by the time they arrive?
10. What is known about Pug and Laurie in the opening of the book?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)