|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arutha finally tell his captors?
(a) He has come on a business trip.
(b) He is an agent of Crydee.
(c) He is brother to the king.
(d) He is Prince Arutha.
2. What does the visitor say they will need when the enemy attacks?
(a) More troops.
(b) A bridge to the enemy's world.
(c) More archers.
(d) Protection for the elf magic.
3. Why does the crew begin to mutiny on Amos?
(a) They don't like Arutha.
(b) He makes them work too hard.
(c) They don't get enough to eat.
(d) They are near the Straits of Darkness.
4. What kind of news does Martin bring Arutha?
(a) That his army was ready to march.
(b) That his father had died.
(c) About the Tsurani outside the kingdom.
(d) That his brother was gone.
5. What relation is the Great One to Komatsu?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has this man been at this place?
2. What does Milamber undo in secret?
3. What does Amos do with the ship?
4. Who is Martin Longbow?
5. What has happened to the flags the Tsurani fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the small boy that misled Arutha and what does he say about himself?
2. What does Charles tell Arutha about the Tsurani?
3. What happens when Amos wakes and what is the gist of his and Trevor's conversation?
4. Who is Kasumi and what do they want Pug and Laurie to do with him?
5. What is the man standing outside a room doing and wearing? What can you infer from his dress and manner?
6. Why is Aglaragnna discussing Thomas? How do you think a person who had been given some great power would change
7. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
8. What does Cook tell Arutha about why they took him, Martin and Amos?
9. What is known about Pug and Laurie in the opening of the book?
10. Who brings news to Arutha about the Tsurani and who is winning the war?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)