|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Amos called when he was a pirate?
(a) Captain Terenchard, the Dagger of the Sea.
(b) Captain Blackchain.
(c) Captain Silverknife.
(d) Captain Ninchin.
2. Who is Hokanu?
(a) The owner of the camp.
(b) A soldier who was visiting his father.
(c) The overall overseer of the camp.
(d) The son of the camp's owner.
3. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
(a) He had some rope handy.
(b) That's the punishment for attempted murder.
(c) He had always hated Nogamu.
(d) So he won't die from the knife wound.
4. Why does Amos volunteer to take charge of Prince Arutha's boat?
(a) He has very good sailors under him.
(b) He knows the prince can trust him.
(c) He wants to earn the money.
(d) It will be dangerous sailing at that time of the year.
5. What does Jimmy say about himself?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He's the best pickpocket in Krondor.
(c) He is a cousin to the king.
(d) He was Amos's cabin boy once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arutha say when he asks why Radburn wants him?
2. What does Amos tell Martin?
3. What does Amos tell Arutha when he brings up his piracy?
4. What does the visitor say they will need when the enemy attacks?
5. Who gave Thomas his artifact?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the queen decide? What does that decision tell you about the queen?
2. Who are the Valheru and why would anyone want any of their artifacts? What can you infer about the Valheru from their artifacts effect on people?
3. Who is Kasumi and what do they want Pug and Laurie to do with him?
4. What does Pug see on his last test?
5. What does Hochopepa tell Milamber he will have to do to stay alive?
6. What does the man in black give the young man everyday?
7. What does Arutha decide to do?
8. What does Cook tell Arutha about why they took him, Martin and Amos?
9. Who is the small boy that misled Arutha and what does he say about himself?
10. What has happened in Krondor by the time they arrive?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)