|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hokanu tell his father is the reason he brought Pug and Laurie with him?
(a) To help in the house.
(b) To teach them to read.
(c) To help with the plans in the north.
(d) To use them for breeding slaves.
2. Why does the crew begin to mutiny on Amos?
(a) They don't get enough to eat.
(b) He makes them work too hard.
(c) They are near the Straits of Darkness.
(d) They don't like Arutha.
3. What was Amos called when he was a pirate?
(a) Captain Blackchain.
(b) Captain Terenchard, the Dagger of the Sea.
(c) Captain Ninchin.
(d) Captain Silverknife.
4. What does the man in do while eating lunch?
(a) Chokes on his meat.
(b) Whispers in secret to the one next to him.
(c) Tells a black robe he doesn't belong there.
(d) Throws his food and starts a food fight.
5. What relation is the Great One to Komatsu?
(a) His son.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen do for Thomas?
2. What does a ranger tell Thomas and Dolgan one night?
3. What does the visitor say they will need when the enemy attacks?
4. What does Anita tell Arutha about Pug?
5. Why does Amos volunteer to take charge of Prince Arutha's boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Princess Anita do when she enters the room and what does she say?
2. What does the man in black give the young man everyday?
3. Why do the soldiers in the army tend to obey Thomas? What can you infer about Thomas from this?
4. What is the man standing outside a room doing and wearing? What can you infer from his dress and manner?
5. What does Hochopepa tell Milamber he will have to do to stay alive?
6. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
7. What is known about Pug and Laurie in the opening of the book?
8. What was the dream the young man had and what did he do about it?
9. What has happened in Krondor by the time they arrive?
10. What happens to Arutha when he runs to escape?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)