|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the crew begin to mutiny on Amos?
(a) They don't get enough to eat.
(b) He makes them work too hard.
(c) They are near the Straits of Darkness.
(d) They don't like Arutha.
2. What does Hokanu tell his father is the reason he brought Pug and Laurie with him?
(a) To help in the house.
(b) To teach them to read.
(c) To help with the plans in the north.
(d) To use them for breeding slaves.
3. What does Jimmy say about himself?
(a) He's the best pickpocket in Krondor.
(b) He is a cousin to the king.
(c) He was Amos's cabin boy once.
(d) He is an orphan.
4. What does the visitor tell the queen about Thomas?
(a) She should send him away.
(b) If she sends him away he will turn to the dark.
(c) She should wed him.
(d) She should decide after the war.
5. Who comes up to the man and nods at him to follow?
(a) A man in a black robe.
(b) Two soldiers.
(c) A man in a red robe.
(d) A servant with a tray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when they leave the harbor?
2. What do they plan on Pug and Laurie teaching Kasumi?
3. Who is Ashen-Shugar?
4. What did Arutha see when he was completely in the room?
5. Why is the elf queen discussing Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the boat trip Amos will be doing dangerous, what do they do about that and how does it turn out?
2. What has happened in Krondor by the time they arrive?
3. Who appears at the queen's abode and what does he tell the queen about their enemy and himself?
4. Who is the small boy that misled Arutha and what does he say about himself?
5. Who brings news to Arutha about the Tsurani and who is winning the war?
6. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
7. What does Milamber undo in secret?
8. Why do the soldiers in the army tend to obey Thomas? What can you infer about Thomas from this?
9. What does Princess Anita do when she enters the room and what does she say?
10. What does the queen decide? What does that decision tell you about the queen?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)