|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened in Krondor by the time Arutha arrives?
(a) Guy, the Duke of Bas-Tyra, is away fighting Tsurani.
(b) Guy, the Duke of Bas-Tyra, has taken over the city.
(c) The king is away fighting Tsurani.
(d) The king is dead.
2. What does Milamber's true name in the Tsurani tongue mean?
(a) He who was slave and is now not.
(b) He who is most powerful.
(c) One that stands between worlds.
(d) He who has come from another world.
3. What was Amos called when he was a pirate?
(a) Captain Blackchain.
(b) Captain Terenchard, the Dagger of the Sea.
(c) Captain Ninchin.
(d) Captain Silverknife.
4. Why won't Pug be named the new overseer?
(a) He can't read.
(b) He is not Tsurani.
(c) He hasn't worked there long enough.
(d) He isn't tough enough.
5. Who is the foe Chogana tells Pug he must face?
(a) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Chogana at the swamp?
2. Why can't they leave Krondor right away?
3. What is the man given in another room?
4. What does Arutha say when he asks why Radburn wants him?
5. Who comes up to the man and nods at him to follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the soldiers in the army tend to obey Thomas? What can you infer about Thomas from this?
2. What does Hokanu tell his father about Pug and Laurie?
3. What does Cook ask Arutha and what does Arutha tell him? What does Cook do when Arutha answers him?
4. What was the dream the young man had and what did he do about it?
5. What did Nogamu try to do to Pug and Laurie and how did that turn out?
6. What does the man in black give the young man everyday?
7. What does Chogana tell Pug before Pug leaves the camp?
8. What does Pug see on his last test?
9. What does the queen do after the battle in relationship to Thomas? Explain why the queen's actions may be a foreshadowing of future events.
10. Why is Aglaragnna discussing Thomas? How do you think a person who had been given some great power would change
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)