|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Martin and Garret going?
(a) To find Pug.
(b) To see the king at Crydee.
(c) To see the elf queen.
(d) To find Amos.
2. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(b) He can turn him into a human again.
(c) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
(d) He can turn him into an elf.
3. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
(a) Kill Lyam.
(b) Kill Guy du Bas-Tyra.
(c) Take over the throne.
(d) Kill Martin.
4. How are Laurie and Kasumi dressed?
(a) Like soldiers.
(b) Like Great Ones.
(c) Like Midkemian royalty.
(d) In Midkemian fashion.
5. Why does Guy du Bas-Tyra hope something will go wrong at the coronation?
(a) So he can marry Anita.
(b) So he can kill Lyam.
(c) So he can claim the crown.
(d) So a civil war is started.
6. What does Arutha worry about in relation to Martin?
(a) He doesn't know politics.
(b) He was not raised in the proper circles.
(c) He doesn't have a wife.
(d) He could cause a civil war.
7. Why does Kamatsu want Laurie?
(a) To overseer his farm.
(b) To help him with his son.
(c) To teach him to ride.
(d) To help him in Midkemia.
8. Why did Macros start the fight at the peace talks?
(a) To get the rift shut.
(b) To kill as many Tsurani as possible.
(c) To use it as a distraction.
(d) Because he could, for the power of it.
9. What does Brucal tell Lyam?
(a) He must get married.
(b) He must accept Rodric's proclamation for now.
(c) He must return to Crydee.
(d) He must return to Krondor.
10. What does Lyam say about the peace offering?
(a) He will think about it.
(b) He decides to take it.
(c) He rejects it.
(d) He doesn't say anthing.
11. What happens to the King when he goes to battle?
(a) He is fatally wounded.
(b) He wins the battle.
(c) He is knocked off his horse and breaks a leg.
(d) He got lost before he found the fighting.
12. What does Milamber do when he becomes angry?
(a) Challenges the Warlord.
(b) Makes all the weapons disappear.
(c) Kills the Emperor.
(d) Kills the Warlord.
13. What does Pug tell Kasumi to do?
(a) To fight with the Tsurani.
(b) To bring his wife to Midkemia.
(c) To go find his brother.
(d) Not to fight but go to his father.
14. What are on the boats Laurie and Kasumi see?
(a) Platoons of rangers.
(b) More soldiers.
(c) A group of Great Ones.
(d) Supplies for the war.
15. What wakes Thomas as he sleeps with the queen?
(a) A mosquito buzzing him.
(b) Sounds of battle.
(c) He feels something.
(d) Ashen-Shugar talking in his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
2. Why is Arutha angry with Lyam?
3. What do Thomas and Queen Aglranna do the next day after the council meeting?
4. How does Milamber feel about Kamatsu's plan?
5. Why does Lyam send a message to his brother and sister?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)