|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas attack the Tsurani at the peace talks?
(a) He was hallucinating.
(b) They attacked first.
(c) He was obeying Macros.
(d) He sees something suspicious.
2. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin?
(a) He is the youngest of them.
(b) He will be a Duke.
(c) He has a right to claim the crown.
(d) He is not related.
3. What message does Duke Caldric want Laurie and Kasumi to carry?
(a) That Anita is on her way to Arutha.
(b) That Prince Erland in Krondor is dead.
(c) That the Krondorian army has been slaughtered.
(d) That the Tsurani have taken Krondor.
4. Why does Duke Borric's son have to decide what to do?
(a) His father is out fighting.
(b) His father is dead.
(c) He is head of the army.
(d) His father is dying.
5. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
(b) He can turn him into a human again.
(c) He can turn him into an elf.
(d) He can remove the Valheru from him.
6. What does Martin ask of Garret?
(a) To go see Arutha.
(b) To stay out of elf territory.
(c) To go find Duke Borric.
(d) To be a liason between elves and humans if Martin should die.
7. What does Queen Aglaranna notice about Thomas since he's been freed?
(a) He has no memories.
(b) He is stronger.
(c) He is a new kind of being.
(d) He is nicer.
8. What could the Tsurani not control about opening a rift to Midkemia?
(a) Its size.
(b) Its shape.
(c) Its durability.
(d) Its location.
9. What does Lyam do about Guy du Bas-Tyra?
(a) He sentences him to twenty years in prison.
(b) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(c) He hangs him.
(d) He accepts his allegiance.
10. What gathering does Milamber attend?
(a) A meeting of dissatified Lords.
(b) The annual Assembly meeting.
(c) The Imperial festival.
(d) A meeting of angry Great Ones.
11. What does Pug tell Kasumi to do?
(a) Not to fight but go to his father.
(b) To go find his brother.
(c) To fight with the Tsurani.
(d) To bring his wife to Midkemia.
12. What does Milamber tell Kamatsu?
(a) He is taking his family and Laurie.
(b) He will take three slaves with him.
(c) He wants Halaga punished.
(d) He is taking over the house.
13. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
(a) Kill Guy du Bas-Tyra.
(b) Kill Martin.
(c) Kill Lyam.
(d) Take over the throne.
14. Who does Milamber surprise at the Shinzawai Lords' house?
(b) A Ganuma.
15. Why does Milamber become a recluse?
(a) No one will talk to an ex-slave.
(b) He doesn't know anyone on that world.
(c) He is devoted to his studying.
(d) He doesn't like the Tsurani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arutha angry with Lyam?
2. What does the Warlord want of the Great Ones?
3. Why are the slaves and convicts fighting?
4. Why does Guy du Bas-Tyra hope something will go wrong at the coronation?
5. Why does Lyam send a message to his brother and sister?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)