|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Duke Borric set aside money for Pug?
(a) To build a house in Crydee.
(b) For his services through the years.
(c) To start a magician school.
(d) For his son's education.
2. What does Milamber find out from his wife?
(a) He has a son named William.
(b) She is dying.
(c) He has a son and a daughter.
(d) She has remarried.
3. Where does Milamber take his wife and son?
(a) To Midkemia.
(b) To hide in the swamps.
(c) To the Assembly.
(d) To the Shinzawai estates.
4. What does the Warlord want of the Great Ones?
(a) That Milamber be put to death.
(b) That some of them would open a gate to another world.
(c) That less of them interfere.
(d) That more assist with the war.
5. Why is Martin worried about Lyam?
(a) That he won't make a good king.
(b) That he will kill Martin.
(c) That he is too young to be king.
(d) That he is childless.
6. How does Milamber feel about Kamatsu's plan?
7. Who does Milamber surprise at the Shinzawai Lords' house?
(a) A Ganuma.
8. What is suggested might kill Thomas?
(c) Marrying the queen.
(d) Too much drink.
9. Why does Kamatsu want Laurie?
(a) To teach him to ride.
(b) To help him with his son.
(c) To help him in Midkemia.
(d) To overseer his farm.
10. Why does Thomas attack the Tsurani at the peace talks?
(a) They attacked first.
(b) He was hallucinating.
(c) He sees something suspicious.
(d) He was obeying Macros.
11. What does Thomas tell the council?
(a) He wants to be king.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with the elves.
(c) He doesn't want to be ruler.
(d) He is going back to the humans.
12. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) He can turn him into an elf.
(b) He can turn him into a human again.
(c) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(d) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
13. Who is Kulgan?
(a) Pug's old master.
(b) The Duke's chamberlain.
(c) Pug's brother.
(d) Katala's father.
14. What do they realize about the king?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He has no real authority.
(c) He wants the war to continue.
(d) He is dishonest.
15. What does Lyam refuse to do when Thomas attacks the Tsurani?
(a) To stop the peace talks.
(b) To help him.
(c) To continue the peace talks.
(d) To run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brucal come into Lyam's tent?
2. Why does Lyam send a message to his brother and sister?
3. What does Lyam and Thomas realize when they talk to Kasumi?
4. Who does Duke Caldric tell Laurie and Kasumi to see?
5. What message does Duke Caldric want Laurie and Kasumi to carry?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)