|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Macros, Pug and Kulgan do during the peace talks?
(a) Nothing, they aren't there.
(b) Stay in the background.
(c) Attack the Tsurani.
(d) Close the rift.
2. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
(b) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(c) He can turn him into a human again.
(d) He can turn him into an elf.
3. What does King Rodric tell Lyam when he arrives?
(a) Pug is a traitor and will be hanged.
(b) Lyam is a traitor and will be hanged.
(c) Laurie is a spy for the Tsurani.
(d) Lyam is now the Duke.
4. What message arrives from the Emperor?
(a) He is opposed to peace.
(b) He will wait and see.
(c) He is opposed to war.
(d) He will come himself to sign the peace treaty.
5. What does the council tell Queen Aglranna about Thomas?
(a) He has gotten better.
(b) Something has to be done with him.
(c) He has gotten worse.
(d) He must be banished from elf lands.
6. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
(a) Becomes admiral of the navy.
(b) Steals Lyam's ship.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Buys a farm.
7. What does the Warlord want of the Great Ones?
(a) That less of them interfere.
(b) That more assist with the war.
(c) That Milamber be put to death.
(d) That some of them would open a gate to another world.
8. Who do Pug and the others find at Marco's island?
(a) A Tsurani Great One.
(b) A goblin like creature.
(c) No one.
(d) Marco's daughter.
9. What does Hokanu help Laurie and Kasumi do on the other side of the rift?
(a) Find the Midkemia king.
(b) Gives them food.
(c) Helps them hide.
(d) Find the Tsurani general.
10. What does Lyam and Thomas realize when they talk to Kasumi?
(a) They misinterpreted the troop movement.
(b) They will need to kill all the Tsurani.
(c) They've all been used by Macros.
(d) They will have to start the talks again.
11. What does Kasumi tell Pug about the current Warlord?
(a) He will attack immediately.
(b) He will kill himself or be replaced.
(c) He will be thrown into the arena.
(d) He will sentence Pug to death.
12. What kind of king do the people think Lyam will make?
(a) A terrible king.
(b) A great king.
(c) A good king.
(d) A poor king.
13. What do they realize about the king?
(a) He wants the war to continue.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He is dishonest.
(d) He has no real authority.
14. What does Thomas tell the council?
(a) He doesn't want to be ruler.
(b) He is going back to the humans.
(c) He doesn't want to stay with the elves.
(d) He wants to be king.
15. What does Lyam say about the peace offering?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He decides to take it.
(c) He doesn't say anthing.
(d) He will think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Laurie meet on his way to see Queen Aglranna?
2. Where does Milamber take his wife and son?
3. What has happened to his Valheru powers since he has regained his humanity?
4. What does Arutha worry about in relation to Martin?
5. Why is Martin worried about Lyam?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)