|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Arutha angry with Lyam?
(a) For wanting Arutha to step aside.
(b) For revealing the Duke's secret before coronation.
(c) For being with their father when he died.
(d) For wanting Martin to be king.
2. Why has Duke Borric set aside money for Pug?
(a) For his son's education.
(b) To build a house in Crydee.
(c) To start a magician school.
(d) For his services through the years.
3. What reason does Hochopepa give for the Shinzawai to be missing?
(a) They are busy in Midkemia.
(b) They have lost face with the Warlord.
(c) The Emperor is mad at them.
(d) They haven't finished their harvest.
4. Why does Milamber become a recluse?
(a) He doesn't know anyone on that world.
(b) He doesn't like the Tsurani.
(c) He is devoted to his studying.
(d) No one will talk to an ex-slave.
5. Why are the slaves and convicts fighting?
(a) In hopes of freedom.
(b) They hope to join the army.
(c) For their respective lords.
(d) To show their prowess.
6. Why is it difficult for Laurie and Kasumi to speak with the king?
(a) He is at dinner.
(b) He speaks a different language.
(c) He is too sick.
(d) He is too young.
7. What kind of announcement does the Warlord make?
(a) That he is resigning.
(b) About the war and destruction of Midkemia.
(c) About the war on treasonous lords.
(d) About declaring war on another world.
8. Why doesn't the council want Thomas to be ruler?
(a) Because of the Valheru in him.
(b) Because he is too violent.
(c) Because he isn't elven.
(d) Because he is too young.
9. What kind of king do the people think Lyam will make?
(a) A good king.
(b) A poor king.
(c) A terrible king.
(d) A great king.
10. What are on the boats Laurie and Kasumi see?
(a) Platoons of rangers.
(b) More soldiers.
(c) A group of Great Ones.
(d) Supplies for the war.
11. What does Arutha do after the coronation?
(a) He's given Krondor to rule.
(b) He becomes Lyam's chief councilor.
(c) He retires to his country estates.
(d) He's given Crydee to rule.
12. What does Queen Aglaranna notice about Thomas since he's been freed?
(a) He is stronger.
(b) He is nicer.
(c) He has no memories.
(d) He is a new kind of being.
13. What does the Warlord want of the Great Ones?
(a) That Milamber be put to death.
(b) That more assist with the war.
(c) That some of them would open a gate to another world.
(d) That less of them interfere.
14. What does Pug tell Kulgan about the rift?
(a) He wants to keep it open.
(b) It was made by him.
(c) He wants to destroy it.
(d) He closed it when he came through it.
15. Why does Kamatsu want Laurie?
(a) To overseer his farm.
(b) To help him in Midkemia.
(c) To teach him to ride.
(d) To help him with his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Milamber feel about Kamatsu's plan?
2. What do they realize about the king?
3. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
4. What does Kasumi ask?
5. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)