|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where has Macros come?
(b) A distant time and space.
(c) The Tsurani homeworld.
2. Why does Milamber become a recluse?
(a) He is devoted to his studying.
(b) No one will talk to an ex-slave.
(c) He doesn't like the Tsurani.
(d) He doesn't know anyone on that world.
3. What has Milamber decided about the Tsurani culture?
(a) It is very beautiful.
(b) It is brutal.
(c) It is very similar to his culture.
(d) It is stale and unhealthy.
4. What does the council tell Queen Aglranna about Thomas?
(a) He must be banished from elf lands.
(b) He has gotten better.
(c) He has gotten worse.
(d) Something has to be done with him.
5. Why doesn't the council want Thomas to be ruler?
(a) Because of the Valheru in him.
(b) Because he is too violent.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) Because he isn't elven.
6. Why did Milamber tell Hochopepa he would serve justice without mercy?
(a) To help his home world win the war.
(b) To serve the empire.
(c) To ensure a future for his son.
(d) To pay back the Tsurani.
7. What do Thomas and Queen Aglranna do the next day after the council meeting?
(a) Say good-bye.
(b) Leave for Crydee.
(c) Name the child they will have.
(d) Get married.
8. What does Pug tell Kasumi to do?
(a) To bring his wife to Midkemia.
(b) To fight with the Tsurani.
(c) Not to fight but go to his father.
(d) To go find his brother.
9. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(b) He can turn him into a human again.
(c) He can turn him into an elf.
(d) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
10. What kind of announcement does the Warlord make?
(a) That he is resigning.
(b) About the war and destruction of Midkemia.
(c) About declaring war on another world.
(d) About the war on treasonous lords.
11. Where does Martin end up?
(a) As Duke of Crydee.
(b) As Duke of Krondor.
(c) As head of the King's Rangers.
(d) With the elves.
12. What are on the boats Laurie and Kasumi see?
(a) More soldiers.
(b) Supplies for the war.
(c) A group of Great Ones.
(d) Platoons of rangers.
13. What is suggested might kill Thomas?
(a) Too much drink.
(d) Marrying the queen.
14. What happens to the King when he goes to battle?
(a) He got lost before he found the fighting.
(b) He is knocked off his horse and breaks a leg.
(c) He is fatally wounded.
(d) He wins the battle.
15. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin?
(a) He is the youngest of them.
(b) He will be a Duke.
(c) He is not related.
(d) He has a right to claim the crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Pug found out about rifts when he studied them?
2. What does Kasumi tell Pug about the current Warlord?
3. What did the king say about Guy du Bas-Tyra before dying?
4. Why does Brucal come into Lyam's tent?
5. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)