|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin?
(a) He is not related.
(b) He will be a Duke.
(c) He has a right to claim the crown.
(d) He is the youngest of them.
2. What does the council tell Queen Aglranna about Thomas?
(a) He has gotten worse.
(b) He has gotten better.
(c) Something has to be done with him.
(d) He must be banished from elf lands.
3. What does Milamber do when he becomes angry?
(a) Kills the Emperor.
(b) Kills the Warlord.
(c) Makes all the weapons disappear.
(d) Challenges the Warlord.
4. What does Martin ask of Garret?
(a) To go see Arutha.
(b) To stay out of elf territory.
(c) To go find Duke Borric.
(d) To be a liason between elves and humans if Martin should die.
5. Why does Brucal come into Lyam's tent?
(a) To let him know Thomas was there.
(b) To tell him Guy du Bas-Tyra has fled.
(c) To tell him the battle has started.
(d) To tell him a message had arrived from his brother.
6. What gathering does Milamber attend?
(a) A meeting of angry Great Ones.
(b) A meeting of dissatified Lords.
(c) The annual Assembly meeting.
(d) The Imperial festival.
7. What does Milamber find out from his wife?
(a) She is dying.
(b) He has a son and a daughter.
(c) She has remarried.
(d) He has a son named William.
8. What has the king proclaimed about Laurie and Kasumi?
(a) They are dishonest.
(b) They are his royal guests.
(c) They are heroes.
(d) They are spies.
9. What has Milamber not decided yet?
(a) If he will go into politics.
(b) If he will go get his wife.
(c) If he will return to his world.
(d) If he will teach at the Assembly.
10. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
(b) He can turn him into a human again.
(c) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(d) He can turn him into an elf.
11. What wakes Thomas as he sleeps with the queen?
(a) Ashen-Shugar talking in his head.
(b) He feels something.
(c) Sounds of battle.
(d) A mosquito buzzing him.
12. What does the Queen announce to the council?
(a) She is going with Thomas.
(b) She is abdicating her throne.
(c) She is with child.
(d) She is sending Thomas away.
13. Why is it difficult for Laurie and Kasumi to speak with the king?
(a) He is too sick.
(b) He is at dinner.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He speaks a different language.
14. What is in the room that Pug and the others enter at the servant's bidding?
(a) A parlor.
(b) Just a table and chair.
(c) A vast library.
(d) A magician's labortory.
15. What did Macros say about why Pug was captured into slavery by the Tsurani?
(a) He needed to find Katala.
(b) He needed to learn humility.
(c) He needed to learn their magic.
(d) He was needed to change the Tsurani.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of announcement does the Warlord make?
2. What does Milamber tell Kamatsu?
3. Where does Martin end up?
4. How are Laurie and Kasumi dressed?
5. What kind of king do the people think Lyam will make?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)