|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Duke Caldric tell Laurie and Kasumi to see?
(a) Duke Borric.
(b) King Earland.
(c) King Fedoric.
(d) Duke of Handor.
2. What do they realize about the king?
(a) He wants the war to continue.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He has no real authority.
(d) He is dishonest.
3. Who helps Laurie and Kasumi get out of Krondor?
(a) Trevor Hull.
(c) No one.
(d) The Mockers.
4. Why will they watch Guy du Bas-Tyra?
(a) To find where he has Anita captured.
(b) To make sure he can't vie for the crown.
(c) To make sure he fights the Tsurani.
(d) To bring him in for trial.
5. What are on the boats Laurie and Kasumi see?
(a) Platoons of rangers.
(b) Supplies for the war.
(c) A group of Great Ones.
(d) More soldiers.
6. From where has Macros come?
(a) The Tsurani homeworld.
(c) A distant time and space.
7. What does Brucal tell Lyam?
(a) He must accept Rodric's proclamation for now.
(b) He must return to Krondor.
(c) He must get married.
(d) He must return to Crydee.
8. What kind of king do the people think Lyam will make?
(a) A good king.
(b) A terrible king.
(c) A poor king.
(d) A great king.
9. Why are the slaves and convicts fighting?
(a) In hopes of freedom.
(b) They hope to join the army.
(c) For their respective lords.
(d) To show their prowess.
10. What does Hochopepa want Milamber to attend?
(a) His next birthday party.
(b) An informal gathering of Great Ones.
(c) The next meeting of the Assembly.
(d) The Emperor's festival.
11. What does Lyam do about Guy du Bas-Tyra?
(a) He accepts his allegiance.
(b) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(c) He sentences him to twenty years in prison.
(d) He hangs him.
12. Why is it difficult for Laurie and Kasumi to speak with the king?
(a) He is too sick.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He speaks a different language.
(d) He is at dinner.
13. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
(a) Kill Martin.
(b) Take over the throne.
(c) Kill Guy du Bas-Tyra.
(d) Kill Lyam.
14. What does Lyam and Thomas realize when they talk to Kasumi?
(a) They will have to start the talks again.
(b) They will need to kill all the Tsurani.
(c) They misinterpreted the troop movement.
(d) They've all been used by Macros.
15. What gathering does Milamber attend?
(a) A meeting of dissatified Lords.
(b) The Imperial festival.
(c) The annual Assembly meeting.
(d) A meeting of angry Great Ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Macros say about why Pug was captured into slavery by the Tsurani?
2. What do Macros, Pug and Kulgan do during the peace talks?
3. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
4. What reason does Hochopepa give for the Shinzawai to be missing?
5. What does Arutha worry about in relation to Martin?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)