|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Milamber become a recluse?
(a) He doesn't like the Tsurani.
(b) He is devoted to his studying.
(c) He doesn't know anyone on that world.
(d) No one will talk to an ex-slave.
2. What does King Rodric say about Lyam as his head clears?
(a) Lyam is not to be king.
(b) Lyam is to be king.
(c) Lyam is not to be hung.
(d) Lyam is not the Duke's oldest son.
3. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
(a) Gets married.
(b) Becomes admiral of the navy.
(c) Buys a farm.
(d) Steals Lyam's ship.
4. What does Hokanu help Laurie and Kasumi do on the other side of the rift?
(a) Find the Tsurani general.
(b) Gives them food.
(c) Helps them hide.
(d) Find the Midkemia king.
5. What does Lyam refuse to do when Thomas attacks the Tsurani?
(a) To stop the peace talks.
(b) To continue the peace talks.
(c) To help him.
(d) To run away.
6. Why does Duke Borric's son have to decide what to do?
(a) His father is dying.
(b) His father is out fighting.
(c) He is head of the army.
(d) His father is dead.
7. What do Kasumi and Pug tell Lyam?
(a) The Tsurani are returning home.
(b) There will be an attack in days.
(c) There will be no more attacks.
(d) The rift is shutting.
8. What gathering does Milamber attend?
(a) A meeting of angry Great Ones.
(b) A meeting of dissatified Lords.
(c) The Imperial festival.
(d) The annual Assembly meeting.
9. Why has Duke Borric set aside money for Pug?
(a) To start a magician school.
(b) To build a house in Crydee.
(c) For his services through the years.
(d) For his son's education.
10. Why does Guy du Bas-Tyra hope something will go wrong at the coronation?
(a) So he can claim the crown.
(b) So he can marry Anita.
(c) So he can kill Lyam.
(d) So a civil war is started.
11. What does Pug tell Kulgan about the rift?
(a) He wants to destroy it.
(b) He wants to keep it open.
(c) He closed it when he came through it.
(d) It was made by him.
12. Why are the slaves and convicts fighting?
(a) They hope to join the army.
(b) For their respective lords.
(c) In hopes of freedom.
(d) To show their prowess.
13. What reason does Hochopepa give for the Shinzawai to be missing?
(a) The Emperor is mad at them.
(b) They have lost face with the Warlord.
(c) They are busy in Midkemia.
(d) They haven't finished their harvest.
14. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
(a) Kill Martin.
(b) Take over the throne.
(c) Kill Lyam.
(d) Kill Guy du Bas-Tyra.
15. Who is Kulgan?
(a) The Duke's chamberlain.
(b) Pug's old master.
(c) Pug's brother.
(d) Katala's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Martin worried about Lyam?
2. Who do Pug and the others find at Marco's island?
3. Who does Duke Caldric tell Laurie and Kasumi to see?
4. What does Kasumi ask?
5. What has Milamber decided about the Tsurani culture?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)