|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyam say about the peace offering?
(a) He doesn't say anthing.
(b) He rejects it.
(c) He decides to take it.
(d) He will think about it.
2. What makes Milamber sick?
(a) The bloody battles in the arena.
(b) The war in Midkemia.
(c) The holding of slaves.
(d) The Emperor's laws.
3. What does King Rodric say about Lyam as his head clears?
(a) Lyam is not to be king.
(b) Lyam is not to be hung.
(c) Lyam is not the Duke's oldest son.
(d) Lyam is to be king.
4. What does King Rodric tell Lyam when he arrives?
(a) Pug is a traitor and will be hanged.
(b) Laurie is a spy for the Tsurani.
(c) Lyam is a traitor and will be hanged.
(d) Lyam is now the Duke.
5. Why is Arutha angry with Lyam?
(a) For revealing the Duke's secret before coronation.
(b) For wanting Martin to be king.
(c) For being with their father when he died.
(d) For wanting Arutha to step aside.
6. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin?
(a) He is not related.
(b) He has a right to claim the crown.
(c) He will be a Duke.
(d) He is the youngest of them.
7. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
(a) Becomes admiral of the navy.
(b) Buys a farm.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Steals Lyam's ship.
8. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) He can turn him into a human again.
(b) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
(c) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(d) He can turn him into an elf.
9. What has Milamber not decided yet?
(a) If he will return to his world.
(b) If he will go get his wife.
(c) If he will go into politics.
(d) If he will teach at the Assembly.
10. What happens to the King when he goes to battle?
(a) He wins the battle.
(b) He is fatally wounded.
(c) He got lost before he found the fighting.
(d) He is knocked off his horse and breaks a leg.
11. What message arrives from the Emperor?
(a) He will come himself to sign the peace treaty.
(b) He will wait and see.
(c) He is opposed to peace.
(d) He is opposed to war.
12. What does Milamber do when he becomes angry?
(a) Kills the Emperor.
(b) Kills the Warlord.
(c) Challenges the Warlord.
(d) Makes all the weapons disappear.
13. From where did Milamber get the architecture for his house?
(a) From his home world.
(b) It's a mixture of two worlds.
(c) From the Assembly.
(d) From his wife's house.
14. What does Lyam do about Guy du Bas-Tyra?
(a) He sentences him to twenty years in prison.
(b) He hangs him.
(c) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(d) He accepts his allegiance.
15. Where does Milamber take his wife and son?
(a) To hide in the swamps.
(b) To Midkemia.
(c) To the Assembly.
(d) To the Shinzawai estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Martin worried about Lyam?
2. Who is Kulgan?
3. Why did Milamber tell Hochopepa he would serve justice without mercy?
4. What does Milamber tell Kamatsu?
5. What does Lyam refuse to do when Thomas attacks the Tsurani?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)