|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will they watch Guy du Bas-Tyra?
(a) To make sure he fights the Tsurani.
(b) To find where he has Anita captured.
(c) To make sure he can't vie for the crown.
(d) To bring him in for trial.
2. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
(a) Becomes admiral of the navy.
(b) Buys a farm.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Steals Lyam's ship.
3. What does the Duke tell Lyam and Brucal?
(a) That Pug is now his brother.
(b) That Martin is younger than Lyam.
(c) That Martin Longbow is his eldest son.
(d) That Lyam and Martin are twins.
4. How are Laurie and Kasumi dressed?
(a) Like Midkemian royalty.
(b) Like Great Ones.
(c) Like soldiers.
(d) In Midkemian fashion.
5. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin?
(a) He is not related.
(b) He is the youngest of them.
(c) He has a right to claim the crown.
(d) He will be a Duke.
6. What has the Duke done about Pug and his family?
(a) He has provided for them.
(b) He has done nothing.
(c) He has asked Martin to provide for Pug.
(d) He adopted Pug into his family.
7. What does Brucal tell Lyam?
(a) He must accept Rodric's proclamation for now.
(b) He must return to Krondor.
(c) He must return to Crydee.
(d) He must get married.
8. What wakes Thomas as he sleeps with the queen?
(a) A mosquito buzzing him.
(b) Sounds of battle.
(c) Ashen-Shugar talking in his head.
(d) He feels something.
9. What are on the boats Laurie and Kasumi see?
(a) A group of Great Ones.
(b) Supplies for the war.
(c) Platoons of rangers.
(d) More soldiers.
10. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
(a) Take over the throne.
(b) Kill Guy du Bas-Tyra.
(c) Kill Martin.
(d) Kill Lyam.
11. Who helps Laurie and Kasumi get out of Krondor?
(a) No one.
(c) Trevor Hull.
(d) The Mockers.
12. What happens to the King when he goes to battle?
(a) He got lost before he found the fighting.
(b) He is fatally wounded.
(c) He wins the battle.
(d) He is knocked off his horse and breaks a leg.
13. What does Pug tell Kasumi to do?
(a) To go find his brother.
(b) Not to fight but go to his father.
(c) To fight with the Tsurani.
(d) To bring his wife to Midkemia.
14. What reason does Hochopepa give for the Shinzawai to be missing?
(a) The Emperor is mad at them.
(b) They are busy in Midkemia.
(c) They have lost face with the Warlord.
(d) They haven't finished their harvest.
15. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) He can turn him into an elf.
(b) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(c) He can turn him into a human again.
(d) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyam refuse to do when Thomas attacks the Tsurani?
2. Why does Milamber become a recluse?
3. What does Queen Aglaranna notice about Thomas since he's been freed?
4. Who shows up when Martin is looking at the Tsurani prisoners?
5. Who does Laurie meet on his way to see Queen Aglranna?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)