|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the king say about Guy du Bas-Tyra before dying?
(a) He was to be hanged.
(b) He was to be given mercy.
(c) He and his family were to be banished.
(d) He is to be sent to the Tsurani.
2. What did Macros say about why Pug was captured into slavery by the Tsurani?
(a) He needed to learn humility.
(b) He needed to learn their magic.
(c) He was needed to change the Tsurani.
(d) He needed to find Katala.
3. What does Pug tell Kulgan about the rift?
(a) He closed it when he came through it.
(b) He wants to keep it open.
(c) It was made by him.
(d) He wants to destroy it.
4. Who does Duke Caldric tell Laurie and Kasumi to see?
(a) King Fedoric.
(b) Duke of Handor.
(c) Duke Borric.
(d) King Earland.
5. What do Thomas and Queen Aglranna do the next day after the council meeting?
(a) Get married.
(b) Say good-bye.
(c) Name the child they will have.
(d) Leave for Crydee.
6. What do they realize about the king?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He wants the war to continue.
(c) He has no real authority.
(d) He is dishonest.
7. What wakes Thomas as he sleeps with the queen?
(a) Sounds of battle.
(b) A mosquito buzzing him.
(c) Ashen-Shugar talking in his head.
(d) He feels something.
8. To whom does Macros leave his library?
(a) Pug and Kulgan.
(b) To the elves.
(d) To the university at Krondor.
9. What does Hokanu help Laurie and Kasumi do on the other side of the rift?
(a) Find the Midkemia king.
(b) Gives them food.
(c) Find the Tsurani general.
(d) Helps them hide.
10. What does Macros tell Thomas?
(a) He can remove the Valheru from him.
(b) He can turn him into an elf.
(c) There will be treachery at the peace talks.
(d) He can turn him into a human again.
11. Why did Milamber tell Hochopepa he would serve justice without mercy?
(a) To ensure a future for his son.
(b) To pay back the Tsurani.
(c) To help his home world win the war.
(d) To serve the empire.
12. Why is it difficult for Laurie and Kasumi to speak with the king?
(a) He is too sick.
(b) He speaks a different language.
(c) He is at dinner.
(d) He is too young.
13. What kind of announcement does the Warlord make?
(a) About declaring war on another world.
(b) That he is resigning.
(c) About the war on treasonous lords.
(d) About the war and destruction of Midkemia.
14. Why is Arutha angry with Lyam?
(a) For revealing the Duke's secret before coronation.
(b) For wanting Arutha to step aside.
(c) For being with their father when he died.
(d) For wanting Martin to be king.
15. Who shows up when Martin is looking at the Tsurani prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are on the boats Laurie and Kasumi see?
2. Who helps Laurie and Kasumi get out of Krondor?
3. What does Arutha do after the coronation?
4. What message does Duke Caldric want Laurie and Kasumi to carry?
5. What does Amos do at the end of the book?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)