|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Macros leave for Pug?
(b) Two apprentice magicians.
(c) A secret.
(d) A message.
2. Why is it difficult for Laurie and Kasumi to speak with the king?
(a) He is too sick.
(b) He speaks a different language.
(c) He is at dinner.
(d) He is too young.
3. What kind of announcement does the Warlord make?
(a) About declaring war on another world.
(b) About the war on treasonous lords.
(c) About the war and destruction of Midkemia.
(d) That he is resigning.
4. What does the council tell Queen Aglranna about Thomas?
(a) He has gotten better.
(b) He has gotten worse.
(c) He must be banished from elf lands.
(d) Something has to be done with him.
5. What does Lyam say about the peace offering?
(a) He will think about it.
(b) He rejects it.
(c) He decides to take it.
(d) He doesn't say anthing.
6. What is one of the first tasks Milamber does in Chapter 8?
(a) Kills the person who enslaved him.
(b) Returns to his world.
(c) Builds a house.
(d) Takes a teaching position in the Assembly.
7. What does Lyam and Thomas realize when they talk to Kasumi?
(a) They will need to kill all the Tsurani.
(b) They've all been used by Macros.
(c) They will have to start the talks again.
(d) They misinterpreted the troop movement.
8. Why does Milamber become a recluse?
(a) He is devoted to his studying.
(b) He doesn't know anyone on that world.
(c) He doesn't like the Tsurani.
(d) No one will talk to an ex-slave.
9. What does Pug tell Kulgan about the rift?
(a) He wants to keep it open.
(b) It was made by him.
(c) He closed it when he came through it.
(d) He wants to destroy it.
10. What happens to the King when he goes to battle?
(a) He is knocked off his horse and breaks a leg.
(b) He is fatally wounded.
(c) He got lost before he found the fighting.
(d) He wins the battle.
11. What has Pug found out about rifts when he studied them?
(a) Once opened they stay forever.
(b) They are difficult to open but easy to close.
(c) They are unstable and hard to establish.
(d) A rift can only be opened once between two worlds.
12. What has happened to his Valheru powers since he has regained his humanity?
(a) They are gone.
(b) They have decreased.
(c) They have increased.
(d) They have stayed the same.
13. What is suggested might kill Thomas?
(a) Marrying the queen.
(d) Too much drink.
14. What does Pug tell Kasumi to do?
(a) To go find his brother.
(b) Not to fight but go to his father.
(c) To fight with the Tsurani.
(d) To bring his wife to Midkemia.
15. What makes Milamber sick?
(a) The holding of slaves.
(b) The Emperor's laws.
(c) The bloody battles in the arena.
(d) The war in Midkemia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Martin and Garret going?
2. What do Macros, Pug and Kulgan do during the peace talks?
3. What does Arutha worry about in relation to Martin?
4. What has the Duke done about Pug and his family?
5. What has Milamber decided about the Tsurani culture?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)