|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first tasks Milamber does in Chapter 8?
(a) Returns to his world.
(b) Takes a teaching position in the Assembly.
(c) Builds a house.
(d) Kills the person who enslaved him.
2. Why has Duke Borric set aside money for Pug?
(a) For his son's education.
(b) To build a house in Crydee.
(c) For his services through the years.
(d) To start a magician school.
3. What is suggested might kill Thomas?
(b) Marrying the queen.
(c) Too much drink.
4. What does Martin ask of Garret?
(a) To go see Arutha.
(b) To go find Duke Borric.
(c) To be a liason between elves and humans if Martin should die.
(d) To stay out of elf territory.
5. What does King Rodric say about Lyam as his head clears?
(a) Lyam is to be king.
(b) Lyam is not the Duke's oldest son.
(c) Lyam is not to be hung.
(d) Lyam is not to be king.
6. How are Laurie and Kasumi dressed?
(a) In Midkemian fashion.
(b) Like soldiers.
(c) Like Great Ones.
(d) Like Midkemian royalty.
7. What does Brucal tell Lyam?
(a) He must return to Krondor.
(b) He must get married.
(c) He must accept Rodric's proclamation for now.
(d) He must return to Crydee.
8. What do Macros, Pug and Kulgan do during the peace talks?
(a) Attack the Tsurani.
(b) Close the rift.
(c) Stay in the background.
(d) Nothing, they aren't there.
9. From where has Macros come?
(b) The Tsurani homeworld.
(d) A distant time and space.
10. What does Thomas tell the council?
(a) He doesn't want to be ruler.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with the elves.
(c) He is going back to the humans.
(d) He wants to be king.
11. With whom do Laurie and Kasumi speak to request an audience with the king?
(a) His appointment secretary.
(b) The head housekeeper.
(c) The Royal Chancellor, Duke Caldric.
(d) The captain of the guard.
12. Why does Brucal come into Lyam's tent?
(a) To tell him Guy du Bas-Tyra has fled.
(b) To tell him a message had arrived from his brother.
(c) To tell him the battle has started.
(d) To let him know Thomas was there.
13. What does Hokanu help Laurie and Kasumi do on the other side of the rift?
(a) Find the Tsurani general.
(b) Find the Midkemia king.
(c) Helps them hide.
(d) Gives them food.
14. What did Macros say about why Pug was captured into slavery by the Tsurani?
(a) He was needed to change the Tsurani.
(b) He needed to learn their magic.
(c) He needed to learn humility.
(d) He needed to find Katala.
15. What does Arutha vow to do if necessary for the kingdom?
(a) Take over the throne.
(b) Kill Martin.
(c) Kill Lyam.
(d) Kill Guy du Bas-Tyra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Pug found out about rifts when he studied them?
2. What does Lyam do about Guy du Bas-Tyra?
3. Why is it difficult for Laurie and Kasumi to speak with the king?
4. What does Arutha worry about in relation to Martin?
5. Who helps Laurie and Kasumi get out of Krondor?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)