|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the King when he goes to battle?
(a) He is knocked off his horse and breaks a leg.
(b) He is fatally wounded.
(c) He wins the battle.
(d) He got lost before he found the fighting.
2. What has the king proclaimed about Laurie and Kasumi?
(a) They are spies.
(b) They are dishonest.
(c) They are heroes.
(d) They are his royal guests.
3. What gathering does Milamber attend?
(a) The Imperial festival.
(b) A meeting of dissatified Lords.
(c) A meeting of angry Great Ones.
(d) The annual Assembly meeting.
4. What does Hokanu help Laurie and Kasumi do on the other side of the rift?
(a) Gives them food.
(b) Find the Tsurani general.
(c) Helps them hide.
(d) Find the Midkemia king.
5. Why did Milamber tell Hochopepa he would serve justice without mercy?
(a) To help his home world win the war.
(b) To ensure a future for his son.
(c) To pay back the Tsurani.
(d) To serve the empire.
6. Who is Kulgan?
(a) The Duke's chamberlain.
(b) Pug's brother.
(c) Katala's father.
(d) Pug's old master.
7. From where has Macros come?
(a) The Tsurani homeworld.
(d) A distant time and space.
8. Why doesn't the council want Thomas to be ruler?
(a) Because he isn't elven.
(b) Because he is too young.
(c) Because he is too violent.
(d) Because of the Valheru in him.
9. What wakes Thomas as he sleeps with the queen?
(a) He feels something.
(b) Sounds of battle.
(c) Ashen-Shugar talking in his head.
(d) A mosquito buzzing him.
10. Why does Guy du Bas-Tyra hope something will go wrong at the coronation?
(a) So a civil war is started.
(b) So he can marry Anita.
(c) So he can claim the crown.
(d) So he can kill Lyam.
11. What does Arutha do after the coronation?
(a) He becomes Lyam's chief councilor.
(b) He's given Crydee to rule.
(c) He's given Krondor to rule.
(d) He retires to his country estates.
12. Where are Martin and Garret going?
(a) To find Pug.
(b) To see the king at Crydee.
(c) To see the elf queen.
(d) To find Amos.
13. What does Lyam tell Arutha about Martin?
(a) He is the youngest of them.
(b) He is not related.
(c) He has a right to claim the crown.
(d) He will be a Duke.
14. What kind of king do the people think Lyam will make?
(a) A poor king.
(b) A terrible king.
(c) A good king.
(d) A great king.
15. What message arrives from the Emperor?
(a) He will wait and see.
(b) He is opposed to peace.
(c) He is opposed to war.
(d) He will come himself to sign the peace treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Lyam and Brucal?
2. What does Martin ask of Garret?
3. Why will they watch Guy du Bas-Tyra?
4. Why does Kamatsu want Laurie?
5. Who helps Laurie and Kasumi get out of Krondor?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)