|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martin and Amos think about Arutha with Anita on the ship?
(a) He seems depressed.
(b) He acts arrogant.
(c) He acts more like royalty.
(d) He seems happier.
2. Why won't Pug be named the new overseer?
(a) He isn't tough enough.
(b) He can't read.
(c) He is not Tsurani.
(d) He hasn't worked there long enough.
3. What happens when Nogamu tries to kill Pug and Laurie?
(a) They break his leg.
(b) He stabs Laurie.
(c) They stab him.
(d) They hit him over the head.
4. Who is Ashen-Shugar?
(a) A warrior from the enemy.
(b) One of the old gods.
(c) The queen's messenger.
(d) Pug's friend.
5. What does Hokanu tell his father is the reason he brought Pug and Laurie with him?
(a) To help with the plans in the north.
(b) To help in the house.
(c) To use them for breeding slaves.
(d) To teach them to read.
6. Why does the Association wish to put Milamber to death?
(a) They are at war with his home world.
(b) He is a slave.
(c) He won't obey the rules.
(d) He is more powerful than any one of them.
7. How do the Tsurani view the conducting of war?
(a) As good against evil.
(b) As a take all and give no mercy.
(c) As a manifest destiny.
(d) As a political game.
8. What does Thomas decide they must do to win the war?
(a) Find better magic.
(b) Be unpredictable.
(c) Find more magicians.
(d) Call to humans for help.
9. What will the Tsurani add to the war in the spring?
(a) A new overall general of the army.
(b) The Emperor's guard.
(c) About 10,000 new troops.
(d) Two new families.
10. What do they plan on Pug and Laurie teaching Kasumi?
(a) How to play the stone game.
(b) How to shoot a bow.
(c) How to cut down trees.
(d) How to ride a horse.
11. How long has this man been at this place?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four years.
12. What is the man given in another room?
(a) A grey robe.
(b) A hat and a belt.
(c) A red robe.
(d) Two sets of clothes.
13. Why do the armies obey Thomas?
(a) He is a fierce warrior.
(b) He is married to the queen.
(c) He has military training.
(d) He has a loud voice.
14. What does the man in black tell him to do?
(a) Open a window.
(b) Sit down and be quiet.
(c) Open a door.
(d) Fill out some forms.
15. What does Amos do with the ship?
(a) Rams Radburn's boat.
(b) Puts on all sail and leaves the other ship behind.
(c) Puts it in dangerous waters.
(d) Surrenders the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor say they will need when the enemy attacks?
2. What does Amos tell Martin?
3. What does Milamber's true name in the Tsurani tongue mean?
4. Who gave Thomas his artifact?
5. Who appears at the queen's abode to speak with her?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)