|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the elves need Thomas?
(a) They need money.
(b) They need children.
(c) They are under attack.
(d) They need an equal for their queen.
2. What does Milamber mean?
(a) Man who would leave.
(b) Man of two worlds.
(c) Man who wanders.
(d) Man who was bound.
3. What do they do when the man has finished his task?
(a) Send him back to lunch.
(b) Give him a name.
(c) Put him in another cell.
(d) Send him home.
4. What relation is the Great One to Komatsu?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
5. Who is Ashen-Shugar?
(a) The queen's messenger.
(b) Pug's friend.
(c) One of the old gods.
(d) A warrior from the enemy.
6. What does a ranger tell Thomas and Dolgan one night?
(a) The enemy is moving.
(b) The queen has been wounded.
(c) The enemy is gone.
(d) Thomas is needed by the humans.
7. What did Arutha see when he was completely in the room?
(a) Amos and Martin on the floor.
(b) No one he recognized.
(c) The king and his wife.
(d) Jimmy the Hand holding a knife on him.
8. What do the crew members do after they make it through the bad area?
(a) Pledge their loyalty to Amos.
(b) Kneel in prayer.
(c) Take over the ship.
(d) Pledge loyalty to Arutha.
9. What does Arutha say when he asks why Radburn wants him?
(a) Radburn was an old enemy.
(b) He didn't know any Radburn.
(c) He and Radburn used to be soldiers together.
(d) He honestly doesn't know.
10. Who were the Valheru?
(a) The ancient Gods who made the people.
(b) A race of fearsome warriors.
(c) A race of advanced beings.
(d) A class of small dragons.
11. Why did the men holding them captive begin keeping an eye on them?
(a) The king told them to do that.
(b) They aren't used to strangers in town.
(c) Because they have a free ship.
(d) Because Radburn's men did.
12. What does Chogana tell Pug he must seek?
(a) His destiny.
(b) His true name.
(c) His wal.
(d) His knowledge of the heavens.
13. Why does the Association wish to put Milamber to death?
(a) He is a slave.
(b) He is more powerful than any one of them.
(c) They are at war with his home world.
(d) He won't obey the rules.
14. Why does the crew begin to mutiny on Amos?
(a) They are near the Straits of Darkness.
(b) They don't like Arutha.
(c) They don't get enough to eat.
(d) He makes them work too hard.
15. What does the man in black tell him to do?
(a) Sit down and be quiet.
(b) Open a door.
(c) Fill out some forms.
(d) Open a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is the man standing outside a cell room dressed?
2. Why is the elf queen discussing Thomas?
3. Who is waiting at the place the boy takes Arutha?
4. What is a Great One?
5. What does Amos do with the ship?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)