|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain do with the crew?
(a) Keeps them under control.
(b) Hangs one of them as an example.
(c) Throws one in the brig.
(d) Throws two of them overboard.
2. Where are Pug and Laurie working at the opening of the book?
(a) A blacksmith shop.
(b) In the stables.
(c) A tannery.
(d) A swamp.
3. Who is Prince Arutha's father?
(a) Duke Borric.
(b) Duke Brody.
(c) King Earland.
(d) King Usherland.
4. What does Amos tell Martin?
(a) He knows he's Duke Borric's illegitimate son.
(b) He knows he is good with a bow.
(c) He knows he spends a lot of time with the elves.
(d) He knows he is a ranger.
5. Why can't they leave Krondor right away?
(a) The boat needs repairs.
(b) Arutha has to see the king.
(c) The crew has disappeared.
(d) Arutha wants to wait for Guy.
6. How do the Tsurani view the conducting of war?
(a) As a political game.
(b) As a manifest destiny.
(c) As good against evil.
(d) As a take all and give no mercy.
7. Why was Chogana at the swamp?
(a) He failed to pay his taxes.
(b) He cursed the Emperor.
(c) He was caught in a bar room brawl.
(d) He killed his wife.
8. What does Milamber undo in secret?
(a) The lock on his door.
(b) Mental conditions put on him by the Association.
(c) The barrier to his memories.
(d) The tangle of his family.
9. What was Amos called when he was a pirate?
(a) Captain Silverknife.
(b) Captain Terenchard, the Dagger of the Sea.
(c) Captain Blackchain.
(d) Captain Ninchin.
10. Why do the armies obey Thomas?
(a) He is a fierce warrior.
(b) He is married to the queen.
(c) He has military training.
(d) He has a loud voice.
11. What has happened in Krondor by the time Arutha arrives?
(a) The king is away fighting Tsurani.
(b) Guy, the Duke of Bas-Tyra, has taken over the city.
(c) The king is dead.
(d) Guy, the Duke of Bas-Tyra, is away fighting Tsurani.
12. Why does Amos volunteer to take charge of Prince Arutha's boat?
(a) It will be dangerous sailing at that time of the year.
(b) He wants to earn the money.
(c) He knows the prince can trust him.
(d) He has very good sailors under him.
13. Who is Radburn?
(a) Guy's courtier.
(b) The senior officer in the Viceroy's secret police.
(c) Captain in the king's guard.
(d) The king's stewart.
14. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
(a) He had always hated Nogamu.
(b) So he won't die from the knife wound.
(c) He had some rope handy.
(d) That's the punishment for attempted murder.
15. Who is attacking the elves?
(c) The Tsurani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Thomas his artifact?
2. What does Hokanu ask Pug and Laurie?
3. What does he first remember about his past?
4. What does Trevor tell Amos?
5. What happens when Nogamu tries to kill Pug and Laurie?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)