|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arutha finally tell his captors?
(a) He is brother to the king.
(b) He is an agent of Crydee.
(c) He has come on a business trip.
(d) He is Prince Arutha.
2. What does Chogana tell Pug?
(a) He will be good to him in the swamp.
(b) He is grateful for the job.
(c) He has a power trapped in him.
(d) He has a wife and son.
3. What does Jimmy say about himself?
(a) He's the best pickpocket in Krondor.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is a cousin to the king.
(d) He was Amos's cabin boy once.
4. What does Milamber's true name in the Tsurani tongue mean?
(a) He who is most powerful.
(b) One that stands between worlds.
(c) He who has come from another world.
(d) He who was slave and is now not.
5. Why won't Pug be named the new overseer?
(a) He isn't tough enough.
(b) He hasn't worked there long enough.
(c) He is not Tsurani.
(d) He can't read.
6. Who is the foe Chogana tells Pug he must face?
(c) The Emperor.
7. Who were the Valheru?
(a) A race of advanced beings.
(b) A class of small dragons.
(c) A race of fearsome warriors.
(d) The ancient Gods who made the people.
8. What does Hokanu ask Pug and Laurie?
(a) Why they are there.
(b) If they like working in the swamp.
(c) Who should be the new overseer.
(d) If they know how to paint.
9. What does Arutha say when he asks why Radburn wants him?
(a) He didn't know any Radburn.
(b) He and Radburn used to be soldiers together.
(c) He honestly doesn't know.
(d) Radburn was an old enemy.
10. Why is Princess Anita with Trevor?
(a) To smuggle her out of the kingdom.
(b) To get help for her father.
(c) To find Martin.
(d) To find Arutha.
11. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
(a) He had always hated Nogamu.
(b) He had some rope handy.
(c) That's the punishment for attempted murder.
(d) So he won't die from the knife wound.
12. Who is Ashen-Shugar?
(a) The queen's messenger.
(b) One of the old gods.
(c) Pug's friend.
(d) A warrior from the enemy.
13. What is the man given in another room?
(a) A red robe.
(b) Two sets of clothes.
(c) A hat and a belt.
(d) A grey robe.
14. What does Amos tell Martin?
(a) He knows he spends a lot of time with the elves.
(b) He knows he's Duke Borric's illegitimate son.
(c) He knows he is good with a bow.
(d) He knows he is a ranger.
15. What does the Great One do with Pug?
(a) Hits him in the face.
(b) Takes him away.
(c) Tells Komtsu to teach him to read.
(d) Tells him he will see him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen do for Thomas?
2. What does the visitor tell the queen about Thomas?
3. Where is Squire Roland going?
4. What relation is the Great One to Komatsu?
5. What does Thomas decide they must do to win the war?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)