|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy say about himself?
(a) He is a cousin to the king.
(b) He was Amos's cabin boy once.
(c) He's the best pickpocket in Krondor.
(d) He is an orphan.
2. Who comes up to the man and nods at him to follow?
(a) Two soldiers.
(b) A man in a red robe.
(c) A servant with a tray.
(d) A man in a black robe.
3. What happens when Nogamu tries to kill Pug and Laurie?
(a) He stabs Laurie.
(b) They break his leg.
(c) They hit him over the head.
(d) They stab him.
4. Why does Nogamu want to kill Laurie?
(a) He threw away his food.
(b) He saved Pug's life.
(c) He spit on him.
(d) He disobeyed a command.
5. What does Thomas decide they must do to win the war?
(a) Call to humans for help.
(b) Find better magic.
(c) Be unpredictable.
(d) Find more magicians.
6. What does Hokanu tell his father is the reason he brought Pug and Laurie with him?
(a) To use them for breeding slaves.
(b) To help with the plans in the north.
(c) To help in the house.
(d) To teach them to read.
7. What does Milamber see as he stands on a high rock during his last task?
(a) The creation of the world.
(b) The history of his own world.
(c) Two dragons fighting in the sky.
(d) The history of the Tsurani people.
8. What does the man in black tell him to do?
(a) Open a door.
(b) Sit down and be quiet.
(c) Fill out some forms.
(d) Open a window.
9. What does the queen do for Thomas?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Finds his father.
(c) Goes and tends his wounds and comforts him.
(d) Heals his broken leg.
10. Who is Ashen-Shugar?
(a) A warrior from the enemy.
(b) Pug's friend.
(c) The queen's messenger.
(d) One of the old gods.
11. What does Amos suggest Martin do?
(a) Tell the king about his skill with the bow.
(b) Tell Arutha his secret.
(c) Tell the crew what is going to happen.
(d) Tell Arutha about the eleves.
12. Who is attacking the elves?
(a) The Tsurani.
13. Who is Radburn?
(a) Captain in the king's guard.
(b) Guy's courtier.
(c) The senior officer in the Viceroy's secret police.
(d) The king's stewart.
14. What does Trevor tell Amos?
(a) They are fighting the king.
(b) They need to get out of the city.
(c) They are part of the theif's guild.
(d) They are working against Guy.
15. What is anyone that is not Tsurani called in this land?
(a) A misfit.
(b) A barbarian.
(c) An outcast.
(d) Not of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Pug fall in love?
2. Where are Pug and Laurie working at the opening of the book?
3. What does the man in charge ask Arutha?
4. Why was Chogana at the swamp?
5. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)