|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers the Great Ones the most about Milamber?
(a) He is almost 40.
(b) His father is looking for him.
(c) They can't read his mind.
(d) He had been a slave.
2. What does Amos tell Arutha when he brings up his piracy?
(a) To be quiet.
(b) He left that a long time ago.
(c) He won't take him back to Crydee.
(d) He can hang him back in Crydee.
3. Who appears at the queen's abode to speak with her?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A human.
4. Who is Prince Arutha's father?
(a) King Usherland.
(b) Duke Brody.
(c) Duke Borric.
(d) King Earland.
5. Where are Pug and Laurie working at the opening of the book?
(a) A tannery.
(b) In the stables.
(c) A blacksmith shop.
(d) A swamp.
6. What has happened to the flags the Tsurani fly?
(a) They are gone.
(b) They've changed.
(c) They have doubled.
(d) They have tripled.
7. Why can't they leave Krondor right away?
(a) The crew has disappeared.
(b) Arutha has to see the king.
(c) Arutha wants to wait for Guy.
(d) The boat needs repairs.
8. What does Hokanu ask Pug and Laurie?
(a) Why they are there.
(b) If they know how to paint.
(c) Who should be the new overseer.
(d) If they like working in the swamp.
9. What happens when Amos leaves the ship to walk in the city?
(a) A man follows him.
(b) He loses his way.
(c) He buys some new clothes.
(d) He goes to a tavern and gets drunk.
10. Who is the foe Chogana tells Pug he must face?
(c) The Emperor.
11. What does Chogana tell Pug?
(a) He is grateful for the job.
(b) He has a power trapped in him.
(c) He has a wife and son.
(d) He will be good to him in the swamp.
12. What does the captain do with the crew?
(a) Throws one in the brig.
(b) Keeps them under control.
(c) Throws two of them overboard.
(d) Hangs one of them as an example.
13. What do the crew members do after they make it through the bad area?
(a) Take over the ship.
(b) Kneel in prayer.
(c) Pledge loyalty to Arutha.
(d) Pledge their loyalty to Amos.
14. What do Martin and Amos think about Arutha with Anita on the ship?
(a) He acts arrogant.
(b) He seems depressed.
(c) He seems happier.
(d) He acts more like royalty.
15. What does the man in do while eating lunch?
(a) Tells a black robe he doesn't belong there.
(b) Throws his food and starts a food fight.
(c) Chokes on his meat.
(d) Whispers in secret to the one next to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas decide they must do to win the war?
2. What does Amos tell Martin?
3. What is the man given in another room?
4. What does a ranger tell Thomas and Dolgan one night?
5. Why do people search out the magic items that belonged to the Valheru?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)