|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amos do with the ship?
(a) Puts it in dangerous waters.
(b) Surrenders the ship.
(c) Rams Radburn's boat.
(d) Puts on all sail and leaves the other ship behind.
2. Why do people search out the magic items that belonged to the Valheru?
(a) They are well made.
(b) They sell for a lot of money.
(c) They want the dark power.
(d) They are always pretty.
3. What will the Tsurani add to the war in the spring?
(a) About 10,000 new troops.
(b) Two new families.
(c) The Emperor's guard.
(d) A new overall general of the army.
4. What does the queen do for Thomas?
(a) Goes and tends his wounds and comforts him.
(b) Finds his father.
(c) Heals his broken leg.
(d) Kisses him.
5. Who gave Thomas his artifact?
(a) An elf.
(b) A giant.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A weirwolf.
6. What does Milamber see as he stands on a high rock during his last task?
(a) The creation of the world.
(b) Two dragons fighting in the sky.
(c) The history of his own world.
(d) The history of the Tsurani people.
7. What has happened in Krondor by the time Arutha arrives?
(a) The king is away fighting Tsurani.
(b) Guy, the Duke of Bas-Tyra, has taken over the city.
(c) Guy, the Duke of Bas-Tyra, is away fighting Tsurani.
(d) The king is dead.
8. What does Amos tell Arutha when he brings up his piracy?
(a) He left that a long time ago.
(b) He won't take him back to Crydee.
(c) He can hang him back in Crydee.
(d) To be quiet.
9. Why does Amos volunteer to take charge of Prince Arutha's boat?
(a) He knows the prince can trust him.
(b) He wants to earn the money.
(c) It will be dangerous sailing at that time of the year.
(d) He has very good sailors under him.
10. What do they plan on Pug and Laurie teaching Kasumi?
(a) How to cut down trees.
(b) How to ride a horse.
(c) How to shoot a bow.
(d) How to play the stone game.
11. What does he first remember about his past?
(a) His name was Pug.
(b) He was a slave and loved a girl.
(c) He had a friend named Laurie.
(d) He came from another world.
12. Who were the Valheru?
(a) The ancient Gods who made the people.
(b) A race of advanced beings.
(c) A class of small dragons.
(d) A race of fearsome warriors.
13. How long has this man been at this place?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Four years.
14. What does a ranger tell Thomas and Dolgan one night?
(a) The enemy is gone.
(b) The enemy is moving.
(c) The queen has been wounded.
(d) Thomas is needed by the humans.
15. Where is Squire Roland going?
(a) To join the army.
(b) To the Tsurani homeworld.
(c) To see his wife.
(d) To see his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milamber undo in secret?
2. Why is Princess Anita with Trevor?
3. Why won't Pug be named the new overseer?
4. What does Arutha say when he asks why Radburn wants him?
5. What is the man given in another room?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)