|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the evening that Dr. Behrens entertains patients with a musical parlor trick, what does Clavdia ask Hans about?
2. When does Settembrini appear in Chapter 6?
3. As Walpurgis Night approaches, who reproaches Hans for playing fast and loose with time in his conversation?
4. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
5. Who praises scientific knowledge and truth?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hans and Peeperkorn. How are their relationships with Clavdia similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class play in "The Magic Mountain"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)