Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
2. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
3. What does Settembrini explain about his and Naphta's arguments?
4. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
5. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
How is time portrayed in "The Magic Mountain"? How is this concept addressed, and what does this mean?
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Compare and contrast Hans and Peeperkorn. How are their relationships with Clavdia similar and different?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)