Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
2. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
3. What does Settembrini explain about his and Naphta's arguments?
4. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
5. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
Essay Topic 1
How does Hans and Settembrini's friendship affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hans and Peeperkorn. How are their relationships with Clavdia similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (mountains and magic, connection to "Death in Venice", illness and death, etc..) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)