Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
2. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
3. What does Settembrini explain about his and Naphta's arguments?
4. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
5. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
What is the significance of the time period that this novel was written? How does the pending First World War affect the novel's plot?
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (mountains and magic, connection to "Death in Venice", illness and death, etc..) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
How would the story be different if Joachim were not present at the Berghof when Hans arrived?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)