Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
2. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
3. What does Settembrini explain about his and Naphta's arguments?
4. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
5. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "The Magic Mountain"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 3
How does Hans change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)