|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
2. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
3. What does Settembrini explain about his and Naphta's arguments?
4. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
5. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hans and Joachim.
Essay Topic 2
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "The Magic Mountain"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)