|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peeperkorn propose to Hans in Chapter 7 shortly after Clavdia introduces them?
(a) Drinks and games.
(b) A trip to Fluela Valley.
(c) Clavdia's death.
(d) That Hans leave Clavdia alone.
2. What does Hans use to argue against Settembrini?
(a) Hans does not argue against Settembrini.
(b) His literary knowledge.
(c) Naphta's arguments.
(d) Settembrini's own arguments.
3. Who is a Freemason?
4. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
(a) An aneurism.
(b) A heart attack.
(d) A fever attack.
5. What does Clavdia threaten to do when Hans praises her arms?
(b) Marry Peeperkorn.
(c) Cry herself to sleep.
(d) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hans ask Clavdia for when he finally approaches her in Chapter 5?
2. How does Clavdia feel about the fact that Peeperkorn loves her?
3. What does Naphta claim has only resulted in the dehumanizing rule of money?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who indulges in a long reflection on time?
5. When Settembrini greets Hans after weeks of silence, what does he ask if Hans liked?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)