Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
(b) Fluela Valley.
2. What is Peeperkorn recovering from when Hans visits him?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) An aneurism.
(d) A fever attack.
3. What does Settembrini explain about his and Naphta's arguments?
(a) They often argue in good fellowship.
(b) Settembrini is always right.
(c) Naphta is always right.
(d) They are never in earnest.
4. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
(a) New Years Eve.
(c) New Years Day.
5. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
(b) The dining hall.
(c) On an outside path.
(d) Hans' balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Walpurgis Night approaches, who reproaches Hans for playing fast and loose with time in his conversation?
2. Where does Hans "play king" and muse over his recent experiences?
3. What begins a heated argument between Settembrini and Naphta at a tavern?
4. What does Hans do when Joachim's corpse begins to smile inside the coffin?
5. What does Hans accuse Settembrini of offering?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)