|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peeperkorn use to commit suicide?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hypodermic needle filled with tropical poison.
(c) A gun.
(d) A rope hung from his closet.
2. What does Peeperkorn tell Hans that he takes for his ailments?
(c) Tropical medicines.
3. Who does Settembrini introduce Hans and Joachim to in Chapter 6?
(a) Dr. Behrens.
(b) Leo Naphta.
(c) Dr. Krokowski.
(d) Clavdia Chauchat.
4. Where does Clavdia say that morality is to be found?
(a) In loyalty and friendship.
(b) In love and marriage.
(c) In losing oneself in sin and danger.
(d) In honesty.
5. When does Settembrini appear in Chapter 6?
(a) Before Hans arrives.
(c) Before tea begins.
(d) As Hans is leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hans and Clavdia exchange as tokens?
2. In Chapter 5, who performs a parlor trick of drawing a pig blindfolded in one long stroke?
3. On the evening that Dr. Behrens entertains patients with a musical parlor trick, what does Clavdia ask Hans about?
4. What does Hans accuse Settembrini of offering?
5. What does Clavdia threaten to do when Hans praises her arms?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)