|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Settembrini reproach Hans for having symbolically said goodbye to him on Walpurgis Night?
(a) New Years Eve.
(b) New Years Day.
2. Who offers to allow Hans to use informal pronouns with him?
(d) Dr. Behrens.
3. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
(d) Fluela Valley.
4. Who is getting worse but leaves the Berghof without authorization anyway because they cannot stand it anymore?
(a) Frau Salomon.
5. What is Hans surprised to learn about Naphta while he is in Settembrini's garret?
(a) That Naphta has a relationship with Clavdia.
(b) That Naphta is a Jesuit.
(c) That Naphta is a homosexual.
(d) That Naphta is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Naphta say is the instrument of the Kingdom of God?
2. Where does Hans "play king" and muse over his recent experiences?
3. As Walpurgis Night approaches, who reproaches Hans for playing fast and loose with time in his conversation?
4. What does Settembrini reveal that he belongs to?
5. When Settembrini greets Hans after weeks of silence, what does he ask if Hans liked?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)