|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) On an outside path.
(d) Hans' balcony.
2. Who offers to allow Hans to use informal pronouns with him?
(d) Dr. Behrens.
3. What causes the tensions and rivalries amongst Hans' group of friends?
(a) Hans' friendship with Settembrini.
(b) Peeperkorn's anger at Hans.
(c) Clavdia ignoring Hans.
(d) Hans' relationship with Clavdia.
4. As winter arrives, what does Hans believe is the reason for his increasing temperature?
(a) His new studies.
(b) His arguments with Settembrini.
(c) His love for Clavdia.
(d) His anger at Joachim.
5. What is Hans particularly interested in seeing at Dr. Behrens' apartments?
(a) A portrait of Clavdia.
(b) Clavdia's medical records.
(c) His medical records.
(d) His self-portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clavdia feel about the fact that Peeperkorn loves her?
2. In Chapter 5, who performs a parlor trick of drawing a pig blindfolded in one long stroke?
3. Where does Clavdia say that morality is to be found?
4. What do Hans and Joachim promise before leaving Settembrini and Naphta?
5. Who does Clavdia return to the Berghof with?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)