|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peeperkorn host an excursion to in May?
(b) Fluela Valley.
2. What request does Peeperkorn make that Hans refuses?
(a) To escape from the Berghof.
(b) To kiss Clavdia on the brow.
(c) To become friends.
(d) To go on an excursion.
3. Who does Hans ask to explain the biochemical processes behind sweating and blushing?
(b) Dr. Behrens.
(d) Dr. Krokowski.
4. Who praises scientific knowledge and truth?
5. What does Peeperkorn propose to Hans in Chapter 7 shortly after Clavdia introduces them?
(a) That Hans leave Clavdia alone.
(b) Clavdia's death.
(c) A trip to Fluela Valley.
(d) Drinks and games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Settembrini criticize about the medieval tortures?
2. What does Hans accuse Settembrini of offering?
3. Who claims that his love for Clavdia is a burning torment?
4. What is Hans particularly interested in seeing at Dr. Behrens' apartments?
5. What question does Hans try to find the answer to in Chapter 5?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)