|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hans muse about while lying on his deck chair?
2. Who does Hans and Joachim overhear complaining about their stay at the Berghof and other prospects in October?
(c) Dr. Behrens and Dr. Krokowski.
(d) Hermine Kleefeld and other patients.
3. Who says that work does not agree with him?
4. Who does Settembrini mock for inventing the "summer season"?
5. What does Hans feel that Settembrini criticizes him for in Chapter 4?
(a) Being at the Berghof.
(b) He feels Joachim criticizes him, not Settembrini.
(c) Loving Clavdia.
(d) Buying blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the cousins meet Settembrini?
2. What does Joachim say is not taken seriously at the Berghof?
3. What does Hans sing at the top of his voice in Chapter 4?
4. How does Settembrini feel about music?
5. What is the old woman in black called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joachim Ziemssen, what does he look like, and what does he explain to Hans?
2. What does a female patient do in Chapter 3 that annoys Hans?
3. What does Hans muse upon while sitting on his balcony, and what does he say about what he muses on?
4. Describe Hans' welcome meal at the Berghof.
5. What does Hans notice on a walk along a mountain path in Chapter 3, and how does it make him feel?
6. When Dr. Behrens visits Hans' table in Chapter 3, what does he notice, and what does he prescribe?
7. What do Hans and Joachim do on Sunday in Chapter 4?
8. How does Joachim say death and illness are treated at the Berghof?
9. What does Joachim explain to Hans about the woman called Tous-les-deux at their first breakfast in Chapter 3?
10. Who is Pribislav Hippe, and how does Hans feel about him?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)