|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joachim call the spectum bottle that most Berghof patients carry?
(a) His red herring.
(b) His best friend.
(c) A spectum bottle.
(d) His blue Henry.
2. Who claims that he has never met a perfectly healthy person?
(b) Dr. Krokowski.
(d) Dr. Behrens.
3. Who does Settembrini mock for inventing the "summer season"?
4. What is Settembrini's reason for his feelings about music?
(a) It makes him happy.
(b) It inflames the emotions.
(c) He has no feelings about music.
(d) It attracts young women.
5. How do the other patients react to Hans being whistle at?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They stare in bewilderment.
(c) They whistle at him also.
(d) There are no other patients around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hans stops by a brook?
2. How long is Hans confined to bed rest in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Tienappel?
4. What did Hans finally get the nerve to do after observing the object of his hallucination for nearly a year?
5. What does Hans turn the conversation toward on his first day at the Berghof?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hans' interactions with Clavdia affect his health?
2. What happens when Hans arrives late to Dr. Krokowski's lecture in Chapter 4?
3. What does Settembrini say about music in relation to Hans?
4. How does Joachim say death and illness are treated at the Berghof?
5. Near the end of Chapter 3, what does Hans say about work?
6. Who is Joachim Ziemssen, what does he look like, and what does he explain to Hans?
7. What does Dr. Krokowski do at the end of his lecture in Chapter 4, and what does it remind Hans of?
8. What does Hans notice on a walk along a mountain path in Chapter 3, and how does it make him feel?
9. What do Hans and Joachim do on Sunday in Chapter 4?
10. What is Dr. Krokowski's lecture about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)