|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of situations does Hans do best with?
(a) Those connected to the future.
(b) Those connected to romance.
(c) Those connected to nothing.
(d) Those connected to death.
2. Who does Settembrini compare to Minos and Rhadamanthus?
(a) Behrens and Krokowski.
(b) Clavdia and Peeperkorn.
(c) Hans and Joachim.
(d) Himself and Naphta.
3. What causes the tensions and rivalries amongst Hans' group of friends?
(a) Hans' relationship with Clavdia.
(b) Peeperkorn's anger at Hans.
(c) Clavdia ignoring Hans.
(d) Hans' friendship with Settembrini.
4. Who questions Hans about Hans' relationship with Clavdia?
(c) Dr. Behrens.
5. How does Hans feel about someone slamming the door behind his back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that there is something edifying about death?
2. Who does Hans ask to explain the biochemical processes behind sweating and blushing?
3. Who is frequently bedridden near the end of the novel?
4. Who does Settembrini say is an intellectual servant of the kingdom of death and lust?
5. When does Settembrini appear in Chapter 6?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)