|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clavdia return to the Berghof with?
(a) No one.
(b) Pieter Peeperkorn.
(c) Joachim Ziemssen.
(d) Hans Castorp.
2. Who tells Hans the name of the whistler?
(d) Dr. Behrens.
3. As Walpurgis Night approaches, who reproaches Hans for playing fast and loose with time in his conversation?
4. What does Dr. Krokowski's gesture at the end of his lecture remind Hans of?
5. What is the name of the whistler?
(a) Lodovic Settembrini.
(b) Hermine Kleefeld.
(c) Leo Naphta.
(d) Clavdia Chauchat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only French that the old woman knows?
2. Where is the concert in Chapter 4 held?
3. What does Settembrini reveal that he belongs to?
4. What is the name of Hans' favorite cigar?
5. What causes Hans to hallucinate in Chapter 4?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)