|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hans describe the old woman in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) He does not see an old woman.
(b) As hideous.
(c) As beautiful.
(d) As tragic-looking.
2. How does Hans feel about someone slamming the door behind his back?
3. What is the only French that the old woman knows?
(a) Je aime.
(c) Un, dos, trois.
(d) None at all.
4. Who claims that classicism furthers the human enterprise?
5. What does Hans' father die from?
(d) An embolism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hans feel about the image of his grandfather in his coffin?
2. Where do the cousins meet Settembrini?
3. What wears Hans down at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Who does Settembrini introduce Hans and Joachim to in Chapter 6?
5. What do Hans and Clavdia exchange as tokens?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)