|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the object of Hans' hallucination remind him of?
(a) Dr. Behrens.
2. What is the name of the private nurse whom Hans meets in Chapter 4?
(a) Clavdia Chauchat.
(c) Frau Stohr.
(d) Sister Berta.
3. What do many patients become aware of in Chapter 5?
(a) Hans' infatuation with Clavdia.
(b) Joachim's illness.
(c) Behrens' sexual relationship with Clavdia.
4. What does Settembrini reveal that he belongs to?
(a) The International League for the Organization of Progress.
(b) The Freemasons.
(c) The Medical Association of the Berghof.
(d) The Musical Affiliation.
5. What is Hans doing by his third day at the Berghof?
(a) Becoming accustomed to the routine.
(b) Falling in love with Clavdia.
(c) Wanting to leave the Berghof.
(d) Studying astronomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hans finally get the nerve to do after observing the object of his hallucination for nearly a year?
2. On Walpurgis Night, what does Clavdia tell Hans that she is doing the next day?
3. What is Hans late for in Chapter 4?
4. What does Dr. Krokowski's gesture at the end of his lecture remind Hans of?
5. What is the name of Hans' favorite cigar?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)