|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hans' mother die from?
(d) An embolism.
2. Where do the cousins meet Settembrini?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At a bench on the path.
(c) At Dr. Krokowski's lecture.
(d) At a tavern in town.
3. What does Hans accuse Settembrini of offering?
(b) False friendship.
(c) Hypocritical advice.
4. Who does Hans hallucinate about?
(a) Hanz Lorenz Castorp.
(b) Clavdia Chauchat.
(c) Joachim Niemssen.
(d) Pribislav Hippe.
5. Who visits Hans in Chapter 5 as Hans daydreams about Clavdia?
(a) Dr. Behrens.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Walpurgis Night approaches, who reproaches Hans for playing fast and loose with time in his conversation?
2. Who does Settembrini compare to Odysseus?
3. Who is the executor of Hans' parents' estate?
4. What month does it snow in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Settembrini compare Clavdia to in Chapter 5?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)