|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Hans the name of the whistler?
(d) Dr. Behrens.
2. Who says that work does not agree with him?
3. According to Settembrini, how were sickness and infirmity regarded during medieval times?
(a) They did not view it as anything.
(b) As bad luck.
(c) As angering God.
(d) As passports to heaven.
4. How should Hans live while is at the Berghof, according to Dr. Behrens?
(a) He should not stay at the Berghof at all.
(b) As if he had tuberculosis himself.
(c) As though he is on vacation.
(d) As though he is going to die soon.
5. What does Hans muse about while lying on his deck chair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the old woman's sons dying from?
2. How does Hans feel about someone slamming the door behind his back?
3. What does Hans think about the portrait of his grandfather in his civic costume as town councilor?
4. After his bed rest ends, what does Hans accompany Joachim to do?
5. What is the relationship between Hans and Joachim?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)