|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Settembrini compare to Odysseus?
2. How do the other patients react to Hans being whistle at?
(a) There are no other patients around.
(b) They stare in bewilderment.
(c) They whistle at him also.
(d) They laugh.
3. What makes Hans dizzy in Chapter 1?
(a) His attraction to Clavdia.
(b) The fact that he did not eat.
(c) The thin air.
(d) His anxiety.
4. What does Hans Castorp ride to ascend the Alps?
(a) A boat.
(b) The Berghof's personal plane.
(c) His narrow-gauge railroad car.
(d) A ski-lift.
5. Where does Hans go on Monday in Chapter 4?
(b) The dining hall.
(c) A long hike in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Krokowski lecture about in Chapter 4?
2. Who listens to a concert in Chapter 4?
3. How long is Hans confined to bed rest in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Hans first arrive in Chapter 1?
5. What does Dr. Krokowski's gesture at the end of his lecture remind Hans of?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)