|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hans' favorite cigar?
(a) Maria Mancini.
(b) Clavdia Chauchat.
(c) Hans does not smoke cigars.
(d) Joachim Niemssen.
2. What causes Hans to hallucinate in Chapter 4?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Blood loss.
3. How does Settembrini feel about music?
(a) He has a political distaste for it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He is a musician himself.
(d) He feels that it is dangerous for Joachim.
4. What does Joachim call the spectum bottle that most Berghof patients carry?
(a) A spectum bottle.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His blue Henry.
(d) His red herring.
5. What are the old woman's sons dying from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hans finally get the nerve to do after observing the object of his hallucination for nearly a year?
2. What is Hans' talent that allows him to move ahead in his education?
3. Where does Hans sometimes follow his caretaker after dinner?
4. What does Hans Castorp ride to ascend the Alps?
5. Who states that there is something edifying about death?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)