|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to the written word as "the bearer of the human intellect"?
2. Whose glance distracts Hans near the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Dr. Behrens'.
(c) Dr. Krokowski's.
3. What does Joachim say is not taken seriously at the Berghof?
(a) Illness and death.
(b) Hard work.
(c) Love and relationships.
4. What did Hans finally get the nerve to do after observing the object of his hallucination for nearly a year?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Borrow a mechanical pencil.
(d) Ask her on a date.
5. What is kept very discreet at the Berghof?
(c) Drug abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hans describe the old woman in the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the private nurse whom Hans meets in Chapter 4?
3. Who do Hans and Joachim encounter at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What preoccupies Hans during Dr. Krokowski's lecture?
5. What does Hans do on his first full day at the Berghof?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)