|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices that Hans is anemic?
(a) Dr. Behrens.
(b) Dr. Krokowski.
2. What does Hans plan to do on Monday in Chapter 4?
(a) Attend Dr. Krokowski's lecture.
(b) Propose to Clavdia.
(c) Play "king in a meadow."
(d) Get his x-rays taken.
3. According to Settembrini, how were sickness and infirmity regarded during medieval times?
(a) As passports to heaven.
(b) As bad luck.
(c) They did not view it as anything.
(d) As angering God.
4. What does Hans turn the conversation toward on his first day at the Berghof?
(a) His poor health.
(b) The sanatorium and its patients.
(d) His family at home.
5. Who does Hans learn has recently died in his room?
(a) His aunt.
(b) Clavdia Chauchat.
(c) An American woman.
(d) An Austrian horseman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hans late for in Chapter 4?
2. Whose glance distracts Hans near the end of Chapter 4?
3. What are the opposing forces to Dr. Krokowski's lecture in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Hans' favorite cigar?
5. What is the name of the private nurse whom Hans meets in Chapter 4?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)