|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hans walk after first breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) To a lecture.
(b) A mountain path.
(c) To Joachim's room.
2. Whose sickly cough horrifies Hans?
(a) Clavdia Chauchat's.
(b) An Austrian horseman's.
(d) An American woman's.
3. What is removed during meals and at night?
(b) Newborn babies.
(c) Newlywed couples.
(d) Unruly patients.
4. When does Hans feel healthy?
(a) When he is doing nothing.
(c) When he watches Clavdia.
5. What is the old woman doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Sitting on a bench, gazing at the sky.
(b) Pacing in the garden.
(c) Crying with her face in her hands.
(d) Reading a book of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Hans the name of the whistler?
2. What is the old woman in black called?
3. Who are Minos and Rhadamanthus in Greek mythology?
4. What does Hans do for days and weeks after hearing the sounds from the room next door?
5. How does Hans feel about his cigars losing their flavor?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)