|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hans walk after first breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) To a lecture.
(c) A mountain path.
(d) To Joachim's room.
2. What wears Hans down at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) His thwarted romance.
(b) The concentrated study for his college exams.
(c) The deaths surrounding him.
(d) His ill health.
3. What is the relationship between Hans and Joachim?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are brothers.
4. Who raises Hans for a year and a half after his parents' deaths?
(a) His great-aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His great-uncle.
5. When does Hans feel healthy?
(a) When he watches Clavdia.
(d) When he is doing nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joachim call the spectum bottle that most Berghof patients carry?
2. What is removed during meals and at night?
3. Who does Settembrini compare to Minos and Rhadamanthus?
4. What is the name of the Catholic patient that Joachim tells Hans about in Chapter 3?
5. What does Joachim say is not taken seriously at the Berghof?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)