|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hans walk after first breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) To a lecture.
(b) A mountain path.
(c) To Joachim's room.
2. What is engraved with the names of Hans' family patriarchs for the past few hundred years?
(b) The portrait of Hans' grandfather.
(c) The family baptismal bowl.
(d) The family Bible.
3. What is the name of the whistler?
(a) Hermine Kleefeld.
(b) Clavdia Chauchat.
(c) Leo Naphta.
(d) Lodovic Settembrini.
4. Who does Settembrini flirt with at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A village girl.
(b) Frau Stohr.
(c) No one.
(d) Clavdia Chauchat.
5. Who says that work does not agree with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the private nurse whom Hans meets in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Settembrini mock for inventing the "summer season"?
3. How does Hans feel about his cigars losing their flavor?
4. Whose always-late, door-slamming entrances to the dining hall does Hans watch?
5. Who does Hans and Joachim overhear complaining about their stay at the Berghof and other prospects in October?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)