|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hans and Joachim overhear complaining about their stay at the Berghof and other prospects in October?
(a) Dr. Behrens and Dr. Krokowski.
(d) Hermine Kleefeld and other patients.
2. What is the name of the whistler?
(a) Lodovic Settembrini.
(b) Leo Naphta.
(c) Clavdia Chauchat.
(d) Hermine Kleefeld.
3. Who are Minos and Rhadamanthus in Greek mythology?
(c) Judges of the dead.
4. What wears Hans down at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) His thwarted romance.
(b) His ill health.
(c) The deaths surrounding him.
(d) The concentrated study for his college exams.
5. Who feels like he has been at the Berghof for an eternity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hans muse about while lying on his deck chair?
2. On Walpurgis Night, what does Clavdia tell Hans that she is doing the next day?
3. What is removed during meals and at night?
4. What does Hans' father die from?
5. Where does Clavdia say that morality is to be found?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)