|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Settembrini mock for inventing the "summer season"?
2. Who are Minos and Rhadamanthus in Greek mythology?
(a) Judges of the dead.
3. Who whistles at Hans on the mountain path?
(a) A male patient.
(b) A male doctor.
(c) A female patient.
(d) A female doctor.
4. Who states that there is something edifying about death?
5. Who does Settembrini compare to Minos and Rhadamanthus?
(a) Hans and Joachim.
(b) Himself and Naphta.
(c) Clavdia and Peeperkorn.
(d) Behrens and Krokowski.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hans feel about the image of his grandfather in his coffin?
2. Where does Hans walk after first breakfast in Chapter 3?
3. What is removed during meals and at night?
4. What does Hans ask Clavdia for when he finally approaches her in Chapter 5?
5. What does the whistler use to whistle?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)