|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Catholic patient that Joachim tells Hans about in Chapter 3?
(a) Barbara Hujus.
(b) Leo Naphta.
(c) Ludovico Settembrini.
(d) Clavdia Chauchat.
2. What does Settembrini urge Hans to do?
(a) Leave the Berghof.
(b) Ask Clavdia on a date.
(c) Allow Dr. Behrens to examine him.
(d) Take psychoanalytical sessions with Dr. Krokowski.
3. Who does Hans ask to explain the biochemical processes behind sweating and blushing?
(b) Dr. Behrens.
(d) Dr. Krokowski.
4. Why did the Catholic patient scream?
(a) Because he/she was in so much pain.
(b) He/she never screamed.
(c) Because he/she was not allowed to leave the Berghof.
(d) Because he/she saw the priest arriving for last rites.
5. Who are Minos and Rhadamanthus in Greek mythology?
(c) Judges of the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hans particularly interested in seeing at Dr. Behrens' apartments?
2. Who does Settembrini flirt with at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Who whistles at Hans on the mountain path?
4. Where do Hans and Joachim meet Dr. Behrens later in October?
5. What does Joachim say is not taken seriously at the Berghof?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)