|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is removed during meals and at night?
(a) Newborn babies.
(c) Newlywed couples.
(d) Unruly patients.
2. Where do the cousins meet Settembrini?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At Dr. Krokowski's lecture.
(c) At a bench on the path.
(d) At a tavern in town.
3. What does Settembrini reveal that he belongs to?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The International League for the Organization of Progress.
(c) The Musical Affiliation.
(d) The Medical Association of the Berghof.
4. Who tells Hans the name of the whistler?
(d) Dr. Behrens.
5. What begins a heated argument between Settembrini and Naphta at a tavern?
(a) Caring for Hans.
(b) An innocent joke about Virgil.
(c) There is no argument.
(d) Joachim's desire to return to a soldier's life
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the patients having affairs use to visit one another?
2. Why is Joachim forced to return to the Berghof?
3. What kind of conversation does Settembrini use?
4. Who does Settembrini call "lieutenant"?
5. Where does Hans walk after first breakfast in Chapter 3?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)