Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he refuses to take Pete's money, what does the waiter call Pete?
2. As Chapter 17 opens, from where are most of the people in the crowd coming?
3. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
4. Who throws the first punch in the saloon fight?
5. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
Throughout the book, Maggie is rejected by friends and strangers alike. Select three of the following characters and discuss in detail the ways and reasons they rejected Maggie:
D) The Rum Alley neighbors.
E) The stout, well-dressed gentleman in Chapter 16.
F) The tall young man with a cigarette in Chapter 17.
Discuss the morality of Rum Alley based on each of the following scenarios:
A) Fader and Mudder disciplining violence with more violence.
B) The old woman trading her kindness for favors.
C) Jimmie fighting to protect the old woman's beer.
Why does Pete's reappearance in Jimmie's life so dramatically impact Maggie's satisfaction with her own life? List and describe at least four areas of life that become increasingly unsatisfactory to Maggie as her relationship with Pete develops. What steps does Maggie take to improve these areas of her life? What does this say about her?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)