Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he refuses to take Pete's money, what does the waiter call Pete?
2. As Chapter 17 opens, from where are most of the people in the crowd coming?
3. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
4. Who throws the first punch in the saloon fight?
5. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
Discuss the effectiveness of the book in each of the following areas:
A) Overall theme.
D) Use of literary devices (symbolism, metaphor, etc.).
Although Maggie makes a conscious decision to be with Pete, she still clearly has feelings for Mudder and Jimmie. Identify at least two instances where Maggie makes an effort to reconnect with her family. Discuss the steps Maggie takes and the reactions she meets with from Jimmie and Mudder. What does this say about their family dynamics and values?
What event represents the turning point of the story? Identify the climax and explain its significance to any three of the following characters:
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)