|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
2. During Chapter 18, how many women surround Pete?
(b) A dozen.
(c) A half dozen.
3. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
(a) A policeman.
(c) The spectators.
4. What material is used for the saloon doors?
5. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
(a) When she would see him again.
(b) If he loved her.
(c) If he would marry her.
(d) If she could live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
2. What is Pete doing as he polishes the beer glass behind the bar?
3. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
4. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
5. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)