|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) The old woman.
(c) Maggie and Pete.
(d) A policeman.
2. What does the end of Chapter 13 say that Mudder goes through life doing?
(a) Screaming at the neighbors.
(b) Drinking the days away.
(c) Laughing at fate.
(d) Shedding tears.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
(a) A pink tutu.
(b) A purple dress.
(c) A scarlet dress.
(d) A black gown.
4. What is the name of the companion who enters the saloon with Jimmie?
5. To what four animals are the fighters in Chapter 11 compared?
(a) Bull dog, rooster, lion, and snake.
(b) Panther, tiger, snake, and lion.
(c) Panther, rooster, bull dog, and cat.
(d) Lion, tiger, snake, and cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie approaches Pete in the side street, what does he tell her to do?
2. When Pete and Maggie join Nellie and Freddie, where does Maggie sit?
3. Which friend of Pete's is among the women in the saloon with him?
4. For whom is the "forlorn woman" looking?
5. How does Pete treat Maggie as they watch the beginning of the show?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)