|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the "forlorn woman" looking?
(c) Blue Billie.
2. What is the name of the companion who enters the saloon with Jimmie?
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(d) A quiet stranger.
4. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
(b) A friend.
(d) A policeman.
5. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
(a) A tin pail.
(b) A lemon.
(c) A beer glass.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
2. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
3. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
4. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
5. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)