|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
2. What is Pete's condition throughout Chapter 18?
(a) He is sober.
(b) He is mildly drunk.
(c) He is very drunk.
(d) He is grieving.
3. How long is Freddie silent after Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
4. When Pete and Maggie enter the hall at the beginning of Chapter 14, how long has Maggie been away from home?
(a) A year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three weeks.
5. What is Mudder raving about when Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 13?
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The dirty apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men staring at Maggie make her feel?
2. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
3. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
4. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)