|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie feel when Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) Dazed and astounded.
(b) Anxious and worried.
(c) Angry and hurt.
(d) Relieved and relaxed.
2. How long is Freddie silent after Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) An hour.
3. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
(a) Turns his back on her.
(b) Pulls away from her.
(c) Hits her.
(d) Runs to her.
4. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
(a) In the park.
(b) In a dark corner.
(c) Under a table.
(d) At the apartment.
5. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
(a) Maggie's jacket and hat.
(b) The frying pan and spatula.
(c) The broom and dustpan.
(d) Mudders scarf and coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. Which friend of Pete's is among the women in the saloon with him?
3. Who answers the "painted" girl's remarks with, "It's a fine evenin', ain't it?"?
4. Where does the "painted" girl end up in her wandering?
5. What drink do Jimmie and his companion order?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)