|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next door neighbor who Mudder says she warned Maggie about?
(a) Sheila McMasters.
(b) Sally McCallister.
(c) Sandy MacDonald.
(d) Sadie MacMallister.
2. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
(a) The old woman has fallen.
(b) Maggie has returned.
(c) Pete has destroyed the apartment.
(d) Mudder has died.
3. As Chapter 12 opens, what are Pete and Maggie doing?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Taking a walk.
4. After Jimmie decides to go after Pete, who blocks Jimmie's exit from the apartment?
(a) The old woman.
5. How does Pete treat Maggie as they watch the beginning of the show?
6. How many customers are in the saloon while Pete polishes the beer glass?
7. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Freddie's house.
(b) Pete's house.
(c) The old woman's apartment.
(d) The hallway on the second floor.
8. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
(c) The spectators.
(d) A policeman.
9. Which friend of Pete's is among the women in the saloon with him?
10. How many daughters does the bespectacled, mocking police justice say that Mudder has a record of ruining?
11. By what common name does the hasty businessman call the "painted" girl when he knocks into her?
12. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
(a) It is beautiful and spotless.
(b) It has been completely trashed.
(c) It is dirty and smelly.
(d) It has been tidied up.
13. When Freddie offhandedly invites Maggie to leave with him, where does Maggie say she is going?
(a) To the saloon.
(d) To look for Pete.
14. To whom in the crowd does the "painted" girl throw her glances?
(a) Working class men with their wives.
(b) The rural and untaught men.
(c) Single men in fine clothes.
(d) Older men who are alone.
15. What is Pete's condition throughout Chapter 18?
(a) He is very drunk.
(b) He is grieving.
(c) He is sober.
(d) He is mildly drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
2. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
3. What does the end of Chapter 13 say that Mudder goes through life doing?
4. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
5. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)