|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the "painted" girl end up in her wandering?
(a) Outside Pete's saloon.
(c) Near the river.
(d) Among rows of houses.
2. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
(a) A lemon.
(b) A tin pail.
(c) A beer glass.
(d) A chair.
3. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A friend.
4. When Maggie approaches Pete in the side street, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Come inside the saloon.
(b) Meet him on Friday night.
(c) Come back in a few hours.
(d) Go away and stay away.
5. How do the men staring at Maggie make her feel?
6. When Pete and Maggie join Nellie and Freddie, where does Maggie sit?
(a) Between Pete and Nellie.
(b) Between Pete and Freddie.
(c) Between Nellie and Freddie.
(d) Behind Nellie.
7. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
(a) Just inside the saloon.
(b) Through the side door.
(c) Through the windows.
(d) Under the saloon doors.
8. As he refuses to take Pete's money, what does the waiter call Pete?
(a) A fool.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A benefactor.
9. How many customers are in the saloon while Pete polishes the beer glass?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
(a) A purple dress.
(b) A pink tutu.
(c) A scarlet dress.
(d) A black gown.
11. How long is Freddie silent after Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) An hour.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
12. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
(a) A man passing by.
(b) A beggar woman.
(c) A well-dressed gentleman.
13. When Maggie relates the tragic tales of her childhood, who does Pete denounce as "jays"?
(a) Mudder and Fader.
(b) Jimmie and Blue Billie.
(c) Jimmie and Mudder.
(d) Mudder and the old woman.
14. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
15. As Chapter 12 opens, what are Pete and Maggie doing?
(a) Drinking beer.
(c) Taking a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Who answers the "painted" girl's remarks with, "It's a fine evenin', ain't it?"?
3. By what common name does the hasty businessman call the "painted" girl when he knocks into her?
4. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
5. When Pete and Maggie enter the hall at the beginning of Chapter 14, how long has Maggie been away from home?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)