|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
(a) The old woman.
2. As he refuses to take Pete's money, what does the waiter call Pete?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A fool.
(d) A benefactor.
3. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
(c) A policeman.
(d) A friend.
4. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
(a) The priest.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) The old woman.
5. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
(a) To the show.
(b) To Pete's house.
(c) To the devil.
(d) To the saloon.
6. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
(a) It has been completely trashed.
(b) It is beautiful and spotless.
(c) It is dirty and smelly.
(d) It has been tidied up.
7. How much time passes between Chapter 16 and Chapter 17?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several years.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Several months.
8. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
9. Which friend of Pete's is among the women in the saloon with him?
10. What material is used for the saloon doors?
11. How does Maggie feel when Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) Relieved and relaxed.
(b) Dazed and astounded.
(c) Anxious and worried.
(d) Angry and hurt.
12. During Chapter 18, how many women surround Pete?
(a) A half dozen.
(d) A dozen.
13. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
(a) A well-dressed gentleman.
(b) A beggar woman.
(c) A man passing by.
14. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
(a) The old woman has fallen.
(b) Mudder has died.
(c) Maggie has returned.
(d) Pete has destroyed the apartment.
15. As Chapter 17 opens, from where are most of the people in the crowd coming?
(a) The theater.
(c) The museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what common name does the hasty businessman call the "painted" girl when he knocks into her?
2. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
3. What do the women do once Pete is soundly in a drunken sleep?
4. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
5. To what four animals are the fighters in Chapter 11 compared?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)