|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
2. While out with Maggie, where does Pete see a little monkey to which he takes a liking?
(a) New York City Zoo.
(b) Central Park Menagerie.
(c) A traveling circus.
(d) The pet store.
3. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) At the apartment window.
(c) On street corners.
(d) In the alleys.
4. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jimmie Murckre.
(d) Blue Billie.
5. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a young man.
(b) When he reached adulthood.
(c) When he was a little boy.
(d) When he was a teenager.
6. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
7. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) In another room.
(b) At work.
(c) In the shadows.
(d) Hanging laundry outside.
8. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 32 years old.
(b) 47 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
9. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Helping neighbors.
(b) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) Sleeping off a hangover.
(d) Drinking and raving.
10. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
11. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
12. What act follows the dancing girl in the show that Maggie and Pete attend?
(a) Another dancer.
(b) A ventriloquist.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) A juggler.
13. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
14. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
(c) A reliable friend.
(d) A priest.
15. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(b) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(c) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
(d) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
2. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
3. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
4. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
5. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)