Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
(a) She goes with Jimmie willingly.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She screams.
(d) She hits Jimmie.
2. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie in the summer?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To a picnic.
(c) To a street fair.
(d) To the beach.
3. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An African cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An Indonesian monkey.
(d) A snake.
4. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
5. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
(a) Screams at them.
(b) Kicks them.
(c) Punches them.
(d) Pours beer on them.
6. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
(c) Doing Laundry.
(d) Fixing furniture.
7. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A collar and cuff factory.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A linen factory.
(d) A dressmaker's shop.
8. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A long, full yellow dress.
(b) A black leotard.
(c) A pink dress with short skirts.
(d) A long, slinky red dress.
9. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) All of her dresses.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her neighborhood.
10. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(b) A small boy watching the fight.
(c) A woman looking out the window above.
11. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
(a) Gracious and attentive.
(b) Proud and condescending.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Brusque and irritated.
12. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Chase her down the street.
(b) Kick her shins.
(c) Smack her mouth.
(d) Tell his mother.
13. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
14. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
(b) Blue Billie.
15. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
(b) Jimmie Murckre.
(c) Blue Billie.
(d) David Copperfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
2. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
3. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
4. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
5. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)