|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many customers are in the saloon while Pete polishes the beer glass?
2. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) High Street.
(d) Fourth Avenue.
3. How much time passes between Chapter 16 and Chapter 17?
(a) Several years.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several months.
4. What is Mudder's real name?
5. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) The bus.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Soup tickets.
(d) A cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
2. What does Maggie compare Pete to in Chapter 8?
3. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
4. When Freddie offhandedly invites Maggie to leave with him, where does Maggie say she is going?
5. Which friend of Pete's is among the women in the saloon with him?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)