|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 12 opens, what are Pete and Maggie doing?
(a) Drinking beer.
(d) Taking a walk.
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The apartment burns down.
(b) Mudder becomes ill.
(c) Fader dies.
(d) Tommie dies.
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) A pile of scrap lumber.
(b) An overturned bucket.
(c) A heap of gravel.
(d) An old apple crate.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
(a) A street fight.
(b) A policeman's horse.
(c) The front door of a theater.
(d) The side door of a saloon.
5. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
(a) A number of days.
(b) A month.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
2. What does Pete throw on the table just before falling asleep?
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
4. How many customers are in the saloon while Pete polishes the beer glass?
5. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)