|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A knight.
(d) A swordsman.
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Tommie dies.
(b) The apartment burns down.
(c) Mudder becomes ill.
(d) Fader dies.
3. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An African cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An Indonesian monkey.
(d) A snake.
4. What does the end of Chapter 13 say that Mudder goes through life doing?
(a) Screaming at the neighbors.
(b) Laughing at fate.
(c) Drinking the days away.
(d) Shedding tears.
5. What drink do Jimmie and his companion order?
Short Answer Questions
1. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
2. Which friend of Pete's is among the women in the saloon with him?
3. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
4. What is Jimmie carrying when he encounters his raging mother?
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)