|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
(a) A number of days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Several hours.
(d) A month.
2. What act follows the dancing girl in the show that Maggie and Pete attend?
(a) Another dancer.
(b) An opera singer.
(c) A ventriloquist.
(d) A juggler.
3. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
(b) Dark Blue.
4. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
(a) Just inside the saloon.
(b) Through the windows.
(c) Under the saloon doors.
(d) Through the side door.
5. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(c) Blue Billie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
2. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
4. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
5. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)