|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete throw on the table just before falling asleep?
(a) A used cocktail napkin.
(b) His beer glass.
(c) Two or three bills.
(d) A handful of coins.
2. What is the name of the next door neighbor who Mudder says she warned Maggie about?
(a) Sally McCallister.
(b) Sheila McMasters.
(c) Sadie MacMallister.
(d) Sandy MacDonald.
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) To the saloon.
(b) Into the old woman's apartment.
(c) Under the stairs.
(d) Into the street.
4. How many customers are in the saloon while Pete polishes the beer glass?
5. What do the women do once Pete is soundly in a drunken sleep?
(a) They leave.
(b) They mock him.
(c) They continue to order drinks.
(d) They fall asleep, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. While out with Maggie, where does Pete see a little monkey to which he takes a liking?
2. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
3. When Freddie offhandedly invites Maggie to leave with him, where does Maggie say she is going?
4. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
5. What is the name of the companion who enters the saloon with Jimmie?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)