|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
(a) All of her dresses.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Her neighborhood.
2. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Helping neighbors.
(b) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) Drinking and raving.
(d) Sleeping off a hangover.
3. What drink do Jimmie and his companion order?
4. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He would make an ideal beau.
(b) He is looking for trouble.
(c) He is wise and good.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
5. When Freddie offhandedly invites Maggie to leave with him, where does Maggie say she is going?
(a) To look for Pete.
(d) To the saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's condition throughout Chapter 18?
2. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
3. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
4. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
5. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)