|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the "painted" girl's remarks with, "It's a fine evenin', ain't it?"?
(a) A young man in a light overcoat and derby hat.
(b) An old fat man.
(c) A boy with blond curls.
(d) A laboring man.
2. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Clean the apartment.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
3. How many daughters does the bespectacled, mocking police justice say that Mudder has a record of ruining?
4. How does Pete treat Maggie as they watch the beginning of the show?
5. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A black leotard.
(b) A long, full yellow dress.
(c) A long, slinky red dress.
(d) A pink dress with short skirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
2. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
3. What time do Pete and Maggie arrive back at the apartment after the show?
4. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
5. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)