|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does the bespectacled, mocking police justice say that Mudder has a record of ruining?
2. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) On street corners.
(b) Behind a bar.
(c) In the alleys.
(d) At the apartment window.
3. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
(a) In front of his father.
(b) On his father's left side.
(c) Behind his father.
(d) On his father's right side.
4. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
(a) A number of days.
(b) Several hours.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Who throws the first punch in the saloon fight?
(a) The saloon owner.
(c) Jimmie's companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
2. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
3. How much time passes between Chapter 16 and Chapter 17?
4. What is Mudder raving about when Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 13?
5. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)