|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(b) Beats him with an old table leg.
(c) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(d) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
2. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
(a) It has been tidied up.
(b) It is beautiful and spotless.
(c) It has been completely trashed.
(d) It is dirty and smelly.
3. When they attend the show in Chapter 7, where do Pete and Maggie sit?
(a) At a table near the door.
(b) At a table beside the stage.
(c) At a table under the balcony.
(d) At a table in the middle of the room.
4. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
(a) Turns his back on her.
(b) Hits her.
(c) Runs to her.
(d) Pulls away from her.
5. How does Maggie feel when Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) Angry and hurt.
(b) Dazed and astounded.
(c) Anxious and worried.
(d) Relieved and relaxed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
2. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
3. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
4. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
5. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)