|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A smart girl.
(b) An ugly girl.
(c) A foolish girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
(a) A scarlet dress.
(b) A purple dress.
(c) A black gown.
(d) A pink tutu.
3. During the show, what is Pete watching?
(a) The acts.
(c) The door.
(d) The waiters.
4. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Soup tickets.
(c) A cab.
(d) The bus.
5. Who answers the "painted" girl's remarks with, "It's a fine evenin', ain't it?"?
(a) A boy with blond curls.
(b) A laboring man.
(c) An old fat man.
(d) A young man in a light overcoat and derby hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
2. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
3. How does the air in the collar and cuff factory make Maggie feel?
4. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
5. What does Pete throw on the table just before falling asleep?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)