|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Break his neck.
(c) Run him off.
(d) Break his jaw.
2. For whom is the "forlorn woman" looking?
(d) Blue Billie.
3. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
(a) She could not pay her bill.
(b) She caused a disturbance.
(c) She had too much to drink.
(d) Women were not allowed in the saloon.
4. How does the air in the collar and cuff factory make Maggie feel?
5. By what common name does the hasty businessman call the "painted" girl when he knocks into her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
2. How does Maggie feel when Pete and Nellie leave?
3. How does Maggie feel as she leaves the plays that she attends with Pete?
4. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
5. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)