|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
(a) On his father's left side.
(b) Behind his father.
(c) On his father's right side.
(d) In front of his father.
2. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
(a) Blue Billie.
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A dressmaker's shop.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A collar and cuff factory.
(d) A linen factory.
4. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A number of days.
(d) A month.
5. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his jaw.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Break his neck.
(d) Run him off.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
2. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
3. How much time passes between Chapter 16 and Chapter 17?
4. When Maggie approaches Pete in the side street, what does he tell her to do?
5. How does Maggie feel when Pete and Nellie leave?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)