|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the "painted" girl end up in her wandering?
(a) Among rows of houses.
(b) Near the river.
(d) Outside Pete's saloon.
2. Who answers the "painted" girl's remarks with, "It's a fine evenin', ain't it?"?
(a) A young man in a light overcoat and derby hat.
(b) An old fat man.
(c) A laboring man.
(d) A boy with blond curls.
3. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) At the apartment window.
(b) In the alleys.
(c) Behind a bar.
(d) On street corners.
4. Who throws the first punch in the saloon fight?
(a) The saloon owner.
(c) Jimmie's companion.
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Slender and wiry.
(b) Gnarled and leathery.
(c) Large and boisterous.
(d) Small and bent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
2. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
3. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
4. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
5. To what four animals are the fighters in Chapter 11 compared?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)