|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next door neighbor who Mudder says she warned Maggie about?
(a) Sheila McMasters.
(b) Sally McCallister.
(c) Sandy MacDonald.
(d) Sadie MacMallister.
2. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
3. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Police wagons.
(d) Fine trucks.
4. What drink do Jimmie and his companion order?
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) At work.
(b) In the shadows.
(c) Hanging laundry outside.
(d) In another room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
2. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
3. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
5. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)