|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
(a) Pete has destroyed the apartment.
(b) Maggie has returned.
(c) Mudder has died.
(d) The old woman has fallen.
2. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
(a) Maggie and Pete.
(b) Mary Murphy.
(c) The old woman.
(d) Miss Smith.
3. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Music from another apartment.
(b) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(c) The crash of splintering furniture.
(d) The crash of breaking glass.
4. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(b) He would make an ideal beau.
(c) He is wise and good.
(d) He is looking for trouble.
5. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
(a) A man passing by.
(c) A well-dressed gentleman.
(d) A beggar woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
2. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
3. How does Pete treat Maggie as they watch the beginning of the show?
4. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
5. How many daughters does the bespectacled, mocking police justice say that Mudder has a record of ruining?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)