|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jimmie decides to go after Pete, who blocks Jimmie's exit from the apartment?
(c) The old woman.
2. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Spills water.
(b) Breaks a chair.
(c) Breaks a plate.
(d) Teases Jimmie.
3. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
(a) The poor hero.
(b) The villain.
(c) The good child.
(d) The king.
4. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It's quite remarkable."
(b) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(c) "It could use some work."
(d) "It's outa sight."
5. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(b) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(c) Beats him with an old table leg.
(d) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
2. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
3. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
5. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)