|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(b) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
(c) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
(d) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
2. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
(d) The waiter.
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A collar and cuff factory.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
(d) A linen factory.
4. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
(a) Under the saloon doors.
(b) Through the side door.
(c) Through the windows.
(d) Just inside the saloon.
5. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
Short Answer Questions
1. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
2. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
3. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
5. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)