|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A cab.
(c) The bus.
(d) Soup tickets.
2. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
(a) The working class.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The lower class.
3. When Pete and Maggie enter the hall at the beginning of Chapter 14, how long has Maggie been away from home?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) Two months.
4. How does Maggie feel as she leaves the plays that she attends with Pete?
(a) Her spirits are raised.
(b) She is excited.
(c) Her heart is broken.
(d) She is depressed.
5. How long is Freddie silent after Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
4. Where does Nellie say she wants to go with Pete?
5. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)