|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie in the summer?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To a street fair.
(d) To a picnic.
2. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) An empty pail.
(b) A rock.
(c) An empty bottle.
(d) A piece of wood.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
(b) A newspaper.
4. What is Mudder's real name?
5. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(a) The old woman.
(d) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
3. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
4. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
5. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)