|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
(a) Runs to her.
(b) Turns his back on her.
(c) Pulls away from her.
(d) Hits her.
2. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
(a) She had too much to drink.
(b) Women were not allowed in the saloon.
(c) She caused a disturbance.
(d) She could not pay her bill.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
(b) A newspaper.
4. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Hide in the house.
(d) Go on dates.
5. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A collar and cuff factory.
(b) A dressmaker's shop.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A linen factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
2. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
3. Who taunts Mudder as she walks home from the saloon?
4. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
5. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)