|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The priest.
(d) The old woman.
2. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His age and occupation.
(b) His height and weight.
(c) His education and experience.
(d) His clothing and manners.
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) Into the old woman's apartment.
(b) Into the street.
(c) Under the stairs.
(d) To the saloon.
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Drink whiskey.
(c) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
(d) Clean the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
2. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
3. What is Pete doing as he polishes the beer glass behind the bar?
4. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
5. Where does Nellie say she wants to go with Pete?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)