|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A smart girl.
(b) An ugly girl.
(c) A foolish girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
2. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Tell his mother.
(b) Smack her mouth.
(c) Kick her shins.
(d) Chase her down the street.
3. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
(a) The poor hero.
(b) The villain.
(c) The good child.
(d) The king.
4. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Slender and wiry.
(b) Large and boisterous.
(c) Small and bent.
(d) Gnarled and leathery.
5. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
(b) A man passing by.
(c) A beggar woman.
(d) A well-dressed gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
2. Who arrives at the apartment at the conclusion of the fight between Jimmie and Mudder?
3. What is the name of the companion who enters the saloon with Jimmie?
4. Based on the anger of Maggie's family, how does Chapter 16 say Pete feels?
5. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)