|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
2. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) A policeman.
(c) Maggie and Pete.
(d) The old woman.
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a boxing match.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To meet a girl.
(d) To a saloon.
4. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) A heap of gravel.
(b) An overturned bucket.
(c) A pile of scrap lumber.
(d) An old apple crate.
5. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(b) Blue Billie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
2. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
3. For whom is the "forlorn woman" looking?
4. After Jimmie decides to go after Pete, who blocks Jimmie's exit from the apartment?
5. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)