|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie in the summer?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To a street fair.
(c) To a picnic.
(d) To the beach.
2. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
(b) Jimmie's father.
(c) Blue Billie.
3. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
(c) The waiter.
4. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
5. When Maggie relates the tragic tales of her childhood, who does Pete denounce as "jays"?
(a) Jimmie and Blue Billie.
(b) Mudder and Fader.
(c) Mudder and the old woman.
(d) Jimmie and Mudder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
3. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
4. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
5. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)