|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what four animals are the fighters in Chapter 11 compared?
(a) Panther, rooster, bull dog, and cat.
(b) Lion, tiger, snake, and cat.
(c) Bull dog, rooster, lion, and snake.
(d) Panther, tiger, snake, and lion.
2. When Pete and Maggie enter the hall at the beginning of Chapter 14, how long has Maggie been away from home?
(a) Five days.
(b) A year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
4. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
(a) She screams.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She hits Jimmie.
(d) She goes with Jimmie willingly.
5. What is Jimmie carrying when he encounters his raging mother?
(a) A newspaper and a pipe.
(b) A dinner pail and an apron.
(c) A load of firewood.
(d) A pail of beer and a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
2. What is Pete doing as he polishes the beer glass behind the bar?
3. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
4. As Chapter 12 opens, what are Pete and Maggie doing?
5. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)