|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
(a) Turns his back on her.
(b) Runs to her.
(c) Pulls away from her.
(d) Hits her.
2. What three characters figure prominently in every play that Maggie and Pete go to see?
(a) Mother, father, and child.
(b) Hero, heroine, and villain.
(c) Mother, daughter, and son.
(d) King, queen, and hero.
3. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His head.
(c) His left leg.
(d) His neck.
4. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
(b) A friend.
(c) A policeman.
5. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Black Door boys.
(b) The Evil's Row boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys.
(d) The Devil's Row boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
3. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
4. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
5. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)