|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
2. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
(a) She had too much to drink.
(b) She could not pay her bill.
(c) Women were not allowed in the saloon.
(d) She caused a disturbance.
3. How many customers are in the saloon while Pete polishes the beer glass?
4. Who taunts Mudder as she walks home from the saloon?
(a) The urchin boys.
(b) A group of men on a street corner.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A policeman.
5. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
(a) To Pete's house.
(b) To the saloon.
(c) To the devil.
(d) To the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
2. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
3. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
5. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)