|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With wonder and reliance.
(b) With fear and respect.
(c) With suspicion and jealousy.
(d) With anger and remorse.
2. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It could use some work."
(b) "It's outa sight."
(c) "It's quite remarkable."
(d) "It's fine, fine, fine."
3. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A number of days.
(d) A month.
4. How does Pete treat Maggie as they watch the beginning of the show?
5. What is Mudder raving about when Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 13?
(a) The dirty apartment.
(d) The neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the air in the collar and cuff factory make Maggie feel?
2. What is Mudder's real name?
3. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
4. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
5. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)