|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
(a) A priest.
(d) A reliable friend.
2. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
(a) A tin pail.
(b) A lemon.
(c) A chair.
(d) A beer glass.
3. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) In the shadows.
(b) In another room.
(c) At work.
(d) Hanging laundry outside.
4. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) In the alleys.
(b) On street corners.
(c) At the apartment window.
(d) Behind a bar.
5. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Maggie and Pete.
(b) The old woman.
(c) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
2. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
3. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
4. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
5. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)