|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
(a) A picture.
(b) A lambrequin.
(c) An ornate birdcage.
(d) An old clock.
2. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
(a) He notices Maggie is listening closely.
(b) He notices Mudder is listening closely.
(c) He notices Jimmie is impressed.
(d) He is drunk and cannot help himself.
3. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 32 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 47 years old.
4. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
5. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
2. After Jimmie decides to go after Pete, who blocks Jimmie's exit from the apartment?
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)