|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
(a) He is a bartender.
(b) He is a firefighter.
(c) He is a truck driver.
(d) He is a policeman.
2. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
(a) The old woman.
3. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
4. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
(a) All of her dresses.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Her neighborhood.
5. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
(a) The spectators.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pete and Maggie often go together on weekday evenings?
2. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
4. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
5. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)