|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
(a) Punches them.
(b) Screams at them.
(c) Pours beer on them.
(d) Kicks them.
2. When they attend the show in Chapter 7, where do Pete and Maggie sit?
(a) At a table under the balcony.
(b) At a table in the middle of the room.
(c) At a table beside the stage.
(d) At a table near the door.
3. What time do Pete and Maggie arrive back at the apartment after the show?
(a) Around nine.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) At midnight.
(d) A late hour.
4. During the show, what is Pete watching?
(b) The waiters.
(c) The door.
(d) The acts.
5. What three characters figure prominently in every play that Maggie and Pete go to see?
(a) Hero, heroine, and villain.
(b) Mother, father, and child.
(c) Mother, daughter, and son.
(d) King, queen, and hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
2. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
3. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
4. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)