|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
2. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The old woman.
(c) Maggie and Pete.
3. Who taunts Mudder as she walks home from the saloon?
(a) A group of men on a street corner.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The urchin boys.
4. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
(a) "We shall see."
(b) "Certainly not."
(c) "Oh, hell, yes."
(d) "Of course."
5. What does Jimmie's companion say he would ask for if he should ever meet God?
(a) A million dollars and a bottle of beer.
(b) A nice house and a million dollars.
(c) A job.
(d) Food, clothing, and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
2. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
3. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
5. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)