|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
(b) Blue Billie.
2. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
(d) Dark Blue.
3. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A number of days.
(c) A month.
(d) Several hours.
4. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(b) A small boy watching the fight.
(c) A woman looking out the window above.
5. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fourth Avenue.
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) High Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
2. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
3. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
4. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
5. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)