|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) At the store.
(b) In the neighbor's apartment.
(c) At home.
(d) On the street.
2. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His clothing and manners.
(b) His height and weight.
(c) His age and occupation.
(d) His education and experience.
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A linen factory.
(b) A dressmaker's shop.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A collar and cuff factory.
4. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With anger and remorse.
(b) With wonder and reliance.
(c) With fear and respect.
(d) With suspicion and jealousy.
5. When Maggie relates the tragic tales of her childhood, who does Pete denounce as "jays"?
(a) Mudder and Fader.
(b) Jimmie and Mudder.
(c) Jimmie and Blue Billie.
(d) Mudder and the old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mudder's real name?
2. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
4. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
5. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)