|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(b) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(c) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(d) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
2. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
3. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
4. While out with Maggie, where does Pete see a little monkey to which he takes a liking?
(a) The pet store.
(b) New York City Zoo.
(c) Central Park Menagerie.
(d) A traveling circus.
5. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Black Door boys.
(b) The Devil's Row boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys.
(d) The Evil's Row boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
2. What is Jimmie carrying when he encounters his raging mother?
3. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
4. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)