|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
(b) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
(c) Massive height and weight.
(d) Piercing eyes and large fists.
2. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Singing on street corners.
(b) Making fine clothes.
(c) Going to court.
(d) Wandering around the city.
3. During the show, what is Pete watching?
(a) The waiters.
(b) The acts.
(c) The door.
4. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
(b) The old woman.
(c) The priest.
(d) The neighbors.
5. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) In the alleys.
(c) On street corners.
(d) At the apartment window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
2. When they attend the show in Chapter 7, where do Pete and Maggie sit?
3. When Mudder curses Maggie, what does she call her?
4. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
5. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)