|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
(b) The old woman.
2. Who arrives at the apartment at the conclusion of the fight between Jimmie and Mudder?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The police.
(d) The old woman.
3. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Gnarled and leathery.
(b) Slender and wiry.
(c) Large and boisterous.
(d) Small and bent.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
(a) The front door of a theater.
(b) A street fight.
(c) A policeman's horse.
(d) The side door of a saloon.
5. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Dull yellow.
(b) Pale grey.
(c) Almost purple.
(d) Bright red.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
2. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
3. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
4. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
5. When she thinks about Maggie begging to come home at some future date, what does Mudder do?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)