|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) On the street.
(b) At the store.
(c) In the neighbor's apartment.
(d) At home.
2. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Kick her shins.
(b) Chase her down the street.
(c) Tell his mother.
(d) Smack her mouth.
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
(a) A quiet stranger.
(b) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
(a) Until dawn.
(b) Until breakfast.
(c) For five hours.
(d) For three hours.
5. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of drinking.
(b) She accuses him of infidelity.
(c) She accuses him of drinking.
(d) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
2. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
3. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
4. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
5. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)