|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a teenager.
(b) When he reached adulthood.
(c) When he was a young man.
(d) When he was a little boy.
2. What time do Pete and Maggie arrive back at the apartment after the show?
(a) A late hour.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) Around nine.
(d) At midnight.
3. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
(a) Brusque and irritated.
(b) Sweet and loving.
(c) Gracious and attentive.
(d) Proud and condescending.
4. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
(a) In a dark corner.
(b) In the park.
(c) Under a table.
(d) At the apartment.
5. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
(a) He runs off.
(b) He is in an accident.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
2. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
3. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)