|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three characters figure prominently in every play that Maggie and Pete go to see?
(a) King, queen, and hero.
(b) Hero, heroine, and villain.
(c) Mother, father, and child.
(d) Mother, daughter, and son.
2. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Police wagons.
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Fine trucks.
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A linen factory.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A collar and cuff factory.
(d) A dressmaker's shop.
4. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) A cab.
(b) Soup tickets.
(c) The bus.
(d) The doctor.
5. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
(b) An old woman.
(c) A quiet stranger.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
2. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
3. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
4. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
5. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)