|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
(a) To the saloon.
(b) To the show.
(c) To the devil.
(d) To Pete's house.
2. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
(a) The working class.
(b) The aristocracy.
(c) The upper class.
(d) The lower class.
3. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Drinking and raving.
(b) Helping neighbors.
(c) Sleeping off a hangover.
(d) Cleaning and cooking.
4. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To the museum.
(c) To the show.
(d) To a movie.
5. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
(a) When she would see him again.
(b) If he loved her.
(c) If he would marry her.
(d) If she could live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
2. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
3. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
5. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)