|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) A policeman.
(c) The old woman.
(d) Maggie and Pete.
2. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
(a) Other truck drivers.
(c) Foot passengers.
(d) Police officers.
3. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is wise and good.
(b) He would make an ideal beau.
(c) He is looking for trouble.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
4. What is the name of the next door neighbor who Mudder says she warned Maggie about?
(a) Sandy MacDonald.
(b) Sally McCallister.
(c) Sadie MacMallister.
(d) Sheila McMasters.
5. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
(a) The working class.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The lower class.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
2. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
3. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
4. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
5. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)