|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pete and Maggie often go together on weekday evenings?
(a) To church.
(b) To saloons.
(c) To the park.
(d) To plays.
2. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(b) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
(c) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(d) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
3. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With anger and remorse.
(b) With wonder and reliance.
(c) With fear and respect.
(d) With suspicion and jealousy.
4. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A dressmaker's shop.
(b) A collar and cuff factory.
(c) A linen factory.
(d) A saloon.
5. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Mudder becomes ill.
(b) Tommie dies.
(c) Fader dies.
(d) The apartment burns down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
2. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
3. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
4. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
5. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)