|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With fear and respect.
(b) With wonder and reliance.
(c) With anger and remorse.
(d) With suspicion and jealousy.
2. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
(a) Proud and condescending.
(b) Brusque and irritated.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Gracious and attentive.
3. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
(a) A reliable friend.
(c) A priest.
4. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(c) Blue Billie.
5. When Maggie relates the tragic tales of her childhood, who does Pete denounce as "jays"?
(a) Jimmie and Blue Billie.
(b) Mudder and the old woman.
(c) Mudder and Fader.
(d) Jimmie and Mudder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
5. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)