|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(b) He is looking for trouble.
(c) He would make an ideal beau.
(d) He is wise and good.
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To meet a girl.
(b) To a saloon.
(c) To a boxing match.
(d) To a casino.
3. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An Indonesian monkey.
(b) A snake.
(c) An African cow.
(d) A donkey.
4. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
5. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
(c) Dark Blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
2. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
3. What time do Pete and Maggie arrive back at the apartment after the show?
4. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
5. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)