|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jimmie Murckre.
(d) Blue Billie.
2. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Kick him out of the house.
(b) Pound him.
(d) Call the police.
3. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Drink whiskey.
(c) Clean the apartment.
(d) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
4. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) At work.
(b) In another room.
(c) In the shadows.
(d) Hanging laundry outside.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
(a) The side door of a saloon.
(b) A street fight.
(c) A policeman's horse.
(d) The front door of a theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
2. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
3. What three characters figure prominently in every play that Maggie and Pete go to see?
4. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
5. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)