|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
(b) A priest.
(c) A reliable friend.
2. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is wise and good.
(b) He would make an ideal beau.
(c) He is looking for trouble.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
3. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Music from another apartment.
(b) The crash of breaking glass.
(c) The crash of splintering furniture.
(d) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
4. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) Her looks.
(c) All of her dresses.
(d) Her neighborhood.
5. How does the air in the collar and cuff factory make Maggie feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
3. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
4. Who arrives at the apartment at the conclusion of the fight between Jimmie and Mudder?
5. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)