|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
(a) Her neighborhood.
(b) All of her dresses.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Her looks.
2. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A policeman.
(b) An undertaker.
(c) A truck driver.
(d) A bartender.
3. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
(a) Navy blue.
4. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
(a) She goes with Jimmie willingly.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She screams.
(d) She hits Jimmie.
5. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It's outa sight."
(b) "It's quite remarkable."
(c) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(d) "It could use some work."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
5. When Mudder curses Maggie, what does she call her?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)