|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
(a) In the other room.
(b) In the shadows.
(c) At the old woman's apartment.
(d) In the hallway.
2. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Cleaning and cooking.
(b) Helping neighbors.
(c) Sleeping off a hangover.
(d) Drinking and raving.
3. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
4. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
(a) The poor hero.
(b) The villain.
(c) The good child.
(d) The king.
5. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
2. After the show, what does Pete ask Maggie to give him before she goes into the apartment?
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
5. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)