|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
(a) Navy blue.
2. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(b) A woman looking out the window above.
(d) A small boy watching the fight.
3. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Helping neighbors.
(b) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) Sleeping off a hangover.
(d) Drinking and raving.
4. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
(a) A lambrequin.
(b) An ornate birdcage.
(c) An old clock.
(d) A picture.
5. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her neighborhood.
(c) All of her dresses.
(d) Her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
2. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
3. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
4. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)