|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Dull yellow.
(b) Bright red.
(c) Almost purple.
(d) Pale grey.
2. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Sleeping off a hangover.
(b) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) Helping neighbors.
(d) Drinking and raving.
3. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
4. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
5. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a little boy.
(b) When he was a young man.
(c) When he reached adulthood.
(d) When he was a teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmie carrying when he encounters his raging mother?
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
3. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
4. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
5. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)