|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
(c) Blue Billie.
(d) Jimmie's father.
2. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) On street corners.
(b) Behind a bar.
(c) In the alleys.
(d) At the apartment window.
3. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(b) Fourth Avenue.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
(d) High Street.
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Large and boisterous.
(b) Small and bent.
(c) Gnarled and leathery.
(d) Slender and wiry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
2. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
3. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
4. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)