|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
(d) Playing the piano.
2. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
(a) The poor hero.
(b) The good child.
(c) The villain.
(d) The king.
3. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Music from another apartment.
(b) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(c) The crash of splintering furniture.
(d) The crash of breaking glass.
4. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Go back to the saloon.
(b) Come home.
(c) Stop shouting.
(d) Take a nap.
5. When Mudder curses Maggie, what does she call her?
(a) A wayward child.
(b) A disgrace.
(c) A foolish girl.
(d) A whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
4. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
5. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)