|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
2. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
(c) Clean the apartment.
(d) Drink whiskey.
3. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It's quite remarkable."
(b) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(c) "It's outa sight."
(d) "It could use some work."
4. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A dressmaker's shop.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A linen factory.
(d) A collar and cuff factory.
5. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(b) Police wagons.
(c) Fire engines.
(d) Fine trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the show, what does Pete ask Maggie to give him before she goes into the apartment?
2. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
3. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
4. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
5. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)