|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie compare Pete to in Chapter 8?
(a) The moon.
(b) A golden sun.
(c) A summer day.
(d) A breath of fresh air.
2. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A linen factory.
(b) A dressmaker's shop.
(c) A collar and cuff factory.
(d) A saloon.
3. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Go back to the saloon.
(b) Come home.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Stop shouting.
4. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A black leotard.
(b) A pink dress with short skirts.
(c) A long, full yellow dress.
(d) A long, slinky red dress.
5. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
(a) An old clock.
(b) An ornate birdcage.
(c) A lambrequin.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
2. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
3. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
5. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)