|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is wise and good.
(b) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(c) He would make an ideal beau.
(d) He is looking for trouble.
2. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(b) No one.
3. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) A cab.
(b) The bus.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Soup tickets.
4. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
(a) He is in an accident.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs off.
5. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A prince.
(b) A swordsman.
(c) A knight.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
2. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
3. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
4. During the show, what is Pete watching?
5. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)