|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie's companion say he would ask for if he should ever meet God?
(a) A job.
(b) A nice house and a million dollars.
(c) Food, clothing, and shelter.
(d) A million dollars and a bottle of beer.
2. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Breaks a plate.
(b) Teases Jimmie.
(c) Breaks a chair.
(d) Spills water.
3. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
(a) Helping neighbors.
(b) Sleeping off a hangover.
(c) Drinking and raving.
(d) Cleaning and cooking.
4. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(a) No one.
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Small and bent.
(b) Large and boisterous.
(c) Slender and wiry.
(d) Gnarled and leathery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
3. Who arrives at the apartment at the conclusion of the fight between Jimmie and Mudder?
4. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
5. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)