|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Fire engines.
(b) Police wagons.
(d) Fine trucks.
2. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(a) No one.
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) An old apple crate.
(b) An overturned bucket.
(c) A pile of scrap lumber.
(d) A heap of gravel.
4. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Small and bent.
(b) Slender and wiry.
(c) Large and boisterous.
(d) Gnarled and leathery.
5. What three characters figure prominently in every play that Maggie and Pete go to see?
(a) Mother, father, and child.
(b) King, queen, and hero.
(c) Hero, heroine, and villain.
(d) Mother, daughter, and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
2. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
3. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
4. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
5. Where do Pete and Maggie often go together on weekday evenings?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)