|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Pale grey.
(b) Dull yellow.
(c) Bright red.
(d) Almost purple.
2. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
(a) The good child.
(b) The poor hero.
(c) The king.
(d) The villain.
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) An old apple crate.
(b) A heap of gravel.
(c) A pile of scrap lumber.
(d) An overturned bucket.
4. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
(a) She screams.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She hits Jimmie.
(d) She goes with Jimmie willingly.
5. When they attend the show in Chapter 7, where do Pete and Maggie sit?
(a) At a table beside the stage.
(b) At a table near the door.
(c) At a table in the middle of the room.
(d) At a table under the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
2. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
3. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie in the summer?
4. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
5. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)