|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Teases Jimmie.
(b) Breaks a plate.
(c) Spills water.
(d) Breaks a chair.
2. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(c) The zoo.
3. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Smack her mouth.
(b) Chase her down the street.
(c) Kick her shins.
(d) Tell his mother.
4. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) On street corners.
(b) In the alleys.
(c) Behind a bar.
(d) At the apartment window.
5. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
(a) David Copperfield.
(c) Jimmie Murckre.
(d) Blue Billie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie wish she could talk to about Pete?
2. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
3. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
4. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
5. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)