|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Go back to the saloon.
(b) Stop shouting.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Come home.
2. What is Pete's occupation?
(a) He is a policeman.
(b) He is a truck driver.
(c) He is a firefighter.
(d) He is a bartender.
3. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of drinking.
(b) She accuses him of infidelity.
(c) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(d) She accuses him of drinking.
4. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Evil's Row boys.
(b) The Devil's Row boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys.
(d) The Black Door boys.
5. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) At the apartment window.
(c) In the alleys.
(d) On street corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
2. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
3. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
4. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)