|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A truck driver.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A bartender.
(d) An undertaker.
2. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of drinking.
(b) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(c) She accuses him of drinking.
(d) She accuses him of infidelity.
3. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
(b) Jimmie's father.
(c) Blue Billie.
4. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A king.
(b) A knight.
(c) A swordsman.
(d) A prince.
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(b) He is looking for trouble.
(c) He is wise and good.
(d) He would make an ideal beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
2. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
5. What act follows the dancing girl in the show that Maggie and Pete attend?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)