|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Tommie dies.
(b) Fader dies.
(c) Mudder becomes ill.
(d) The apartment burns down.
3. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
4. What act follows the dancing girl in the show that Maggie and Pete attend?
(a) A ventriloquist.
(b) A juggler.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) Another dancer.
5. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Pound him.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Kick him out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
2. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
3. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
5. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)