|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(b) The old man.
(d) The old woman.
2. What time do Pete and Maggie arrive back at the apartment after the show?
(a) Around nine.
(b) A late hour.
(c) Near dawn.
(d) At midnight.
3. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(d) No one.
4. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) In the shadows.
(b) Hanging laundry outside.
(c) In another room.
(d) At work.
5. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A truck driver.
(c) An undertaker.
(d) A bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
2. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
3. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)