|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
(a) To the museum.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To the show.
(d) To a dance.
2. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A linen factory.
(b) A dressmaker's shop.
(c) A collar and cuff factory.
(d) A saloon.
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To a boxing match.
(d) To meet a girl.
4. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(d) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
5. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Piercing eyes and large fists.
(b) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
(c) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
(d) Massive height and weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
2. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
3. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)