|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Piercing eyes and large fists.
(b) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
(c) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
(d) Massive height and weight.
2. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A long, slinky red dress.
(b) A black leotard.
(c) A long, full yellow dress.
(d) A pink dress with short skirts.
3. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
(b) The waiter.
4. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Large and boisterous.
(b) Gnarled and leathery.
(c) Slender and wiry.
(d) Small and bent.
5. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A foolish girl.
(c) A pretty girl.
(d) A smart girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
2. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
3. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
4. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
5. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)