|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
(a) To the museum.
(b) To a dance.
(c) To the show.
(d) To a movie.
2. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Run him off.
(c) Break his jaw.
(d) Break his neck.
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) An old apple crate.
(b) A pile of scrap lumber.
(c) An overturned bucket.
(d) A heap of gravel.
4. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) At work.
(b) Hanging laundry outside.
(c) In the shadows.
(d) In another room.
5. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A pink dress with short skirts.
(b) A long, slinky red dress.
(c) A black leotard.
(d) A long, full yellow dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
2. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
4. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
5. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)