|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
(c) Blue Billie.
2. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
(a) On his father's right side.
(b) In front of his father.
(c) On his father's left side.
(d) Behind his father.
3. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
(b) Piercing eyes and large fists.
(c) Massive height and weight.
(d) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
4. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It's quite remarkable."
(b) "It's outa sight."
(c) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(d) "It could use some work."
5. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Breaks a chair.
(b) Breaks a plate.
(c) Teases Jimmie.
(d) Spills water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
2. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
3. When they attend the show in Chapter 7, where do Pete and Maggie sit?
4. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
5. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)