|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A bartender.
(c) An undertaker.
(d) A truck driver.
2. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
(a) He notices Maggie is listening closely.
(b) He notices Jimmie is impressed.
(c) He is drunk and cannot help himself.
(d) He notices Mudder is listening closely.
3. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(b) The zoo.
4. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his jaw.
(b) Break his neck.
(c) Run him off.
(d) Slap him.
5. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(a) Blue Billie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
3. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
4. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
5. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)