|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie's companion say he would ask for if he should ever meet God?
(a) A job.
(b) A million dollars and a bottle of beer.
(c) A nice house and a million dollars.
(d) Food, clothing, and shelter.
2. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 47 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 32 years old.
3. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) An empty pail.
(b) A rock.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) An empty bottle.
4. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Kick her shins.
(b) Smack her mouth.
(c) Tell his mother.
(d) Chase her down the street.
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(b) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
2. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
3. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
4. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
5. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)