|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An African cow.
(b) An Indonesian monkey.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A snake.
2. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Massive height and weight.
(b) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
(c) Piercing eyes and large fists.
(d) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
3. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Kick him out of the house.
(b) Call the police.
(d) Pound him.
4. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A swordsman.
(d) A knight.
5. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Kick her shins.
(b) Tell his mother.
(c) Smack her mouth.
(d) Chase her down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
2. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
3. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
5. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)