|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
(a) To the museum.
(b) To a dance.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To the show.
2. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
(a) An old clock.
(b) A lambrequin.
(c) A picture.
(d) An ornate birdcage.
3. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It could use some work."
(b) "It's quite remarkable."
(c) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(d) "It's outa sight."
4. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
(a) Doing Laundry.
(b) Fixing furniture.
5. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fourth Avenue.
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) High Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
2. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
3. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
4. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
5. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)