|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
(b) Playing the piano.
2. What is Pete's occupation?
(a) He is a truck driver.
(b) He is a firefighter.
(c) He is a policeman.
(d) He is a bartender.
3. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(b) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(c) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(d) Beats him with an old table leg.
4. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A truck driver.
(d) An undertaker.
5. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A rock.
(c) An empty bottle.
(d) An empty pail.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
2. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
3. What act follows the dancing girl in the show that Maggie and Pete attend?
4. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
5. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)