|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An Indonesian monkey.
(b) A snake.
(c) An African cow.
(d) A donkey.
2. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
(d) Clean the apartment.
3. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
4. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Dull yellow.
(b) Bright red.
(c) Pale grey.
(d) Almost purple.
5. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Break his neck.
(c) Run him off.
(d) Break his jaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
2. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
3. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
4. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
5. When they attend the show in Chapter 7, where do Pete and Maggie sit?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)