|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
2. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(b) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
3. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) An undertaker.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A truck driver.
(d) A bartender.
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
2. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
3. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
4. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
5. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)