|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
2. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his neck.
(b) Break his jaw.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Run him off.
3. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
(b) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(c) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(d) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
4. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(b) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
5. What does Jimmie's companion say he would ask for if he should ever meet God?
(a) A million dollars and a bottle of beer.
(b) A job.
(c) A nice house and a million dollars.
(d) Food, clothing, and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
2. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
3. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
5. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)