|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is in an accident.
(d) He runs off.
2. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 47 years old.
(b) 32 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
3. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(b) A small boy watching the fight.
(d) A woman looking out the window above.
4. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
(a) Blue Billie.
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Small and bent.
(b) Slender and wiry.
(c) Gnarled and leathery.
(d) Large and boisterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
2. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
3. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
4. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
5. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)