|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Spills water.
(b) Breaks a chair.
(c) Breaks a plate.
(d) Teases Jimmie.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) At home.
(b) At the store.
(c) In the neighbor's apartment.
(d) On the street.
3. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a little boy.
(b) When he was a young man.
(c) When he reached adulthood.
(d) When he was a teenager.
4. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(c) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(d) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
5. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Pale grey.
(b) Bright red.
(c) Almost purple.
(d) Dull yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
2. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
3. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
5. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)