|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An African cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A snake.
(d) An Indonesian monkey.
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) A cab.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Soup tickets.
(d) The bus.
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a boxing match.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To a saloon.
(d) To meet a girl.
4. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(b) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
5. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A collar and cuff factory.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A linen factory.
(d) A dressmaker's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
3. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
4. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
5. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)