|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(b) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
2. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a little boy.
(b) When he was a young man.
(c) When he was a teenager.
(d) When he reached adulthood.
3. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A foolish girl.
(c) A smart girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A rock.
(c) An empty pail.
(d) An empty bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
2. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
3. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
4. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
5. What is Pete's occupation?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)