|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
(a) Kicks them.
(b) Pours beer on them.
(c) Punches them.
(d) Screams at them.
2. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Police wagons.
(c) Fine trucks.
(d) Fire engines.
3. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Rum Alley boys.
(b) The Black Door boys.
(c) The Evil's Row boys.
(d) The Devil's Row boys.
4. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
(a) Doing Laundry.
(c) Fixing furniture.
5. What is Pete's occupation?
(a) He is a bartender.
(b) He is a policeman.
(c) He is a truck driver.
(d) He is a firefighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
2. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
3. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
4. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
5. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)