|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Evil's Row boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys.
(c) The Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Black Door boys.
2. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Singing on street corners.
(b) Wandering around the city.
(c) Going to court.
(d) Making fine clothes.
3. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(b) Beats him with an old table leg.
(c) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(d) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
4. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a boxing match.
(c) To meet a girl.
(d) To a casino.
5. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(d) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
2. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
3. What does Jimmie's companion say he would ask for if he should ever meet God?
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
5. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)