|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(b) Blue Billie.
2. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His education and experience.
(b) His age and occupation.
(c) His clothing and manners.
(d) His height and weight.
3. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A rock.
(b) An empty pail.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) An empty bottle.
4. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
(a) Jimmie's father.
(c) Blue Billie.
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is looking for trouble.
(b) He is wise and good.
(c) He would make an ideal beau.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
2. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
3. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
4. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)