|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
2. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(b) A small boy watching the fight.
(d) A woman looking out the window above.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) In the neighbor's apartment.
(b) On the street.
(c) At the store.
(d) At home.
4. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of drinking.
(b) She accuses him of drinking.
(c) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(d) She accuses him of infidelity.
5. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
(b) Doing Laundry.
(c) Fixing furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
2. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
3. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
4. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
5. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)