|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
(b) Blue Billie.
2. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(b) Call the police.
(c) Kick him out of the house.
(d) Pound him.
3. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His education and experience.
(b) His age and occupation.
(c) His height and weight.
(d) His clothing and manners.
4. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Almost purple.
(b) Bright red.
(c) Pale grey.
(d) Dull yellow.
5. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Tell his mother.
(b) Kick her shins.
(c) Smack her mouth.
(d) Chase her down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
3. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
4. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
5. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)