|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To a boxing match.
(d) To meet a girl.
3. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) High Street.
(c) Fourth Avenue.
(d) Fifth Avenue.
5. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
2. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
3. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
4. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)