|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a young man.
(b) When he reached adulthood.
(c) When he was a teenager.
(d) When he was a little boy.
2. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He would make an ideal beau.
(b) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(c) He is looking for trouble.
(d) He is wise and good.
3. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(b) The old man.
(c) The old woman.
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Small and bent.
(b) Large and boisterous.
(c) Slender and wiry.
(d) Gnarled and leathery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
2. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
3. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
4. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
5. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)