|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Fine trucks.
(b) Fire engines.
(d) Police wagons.
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Mudder becomes ill.
(b) Fader dies.
(c) The apartment burns down.
(d) Tommie dies.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) In the neighbor's apartment.
(b) At home.
(c) On the street.
(d) At the store.
4. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Breaks a chair.
(b) Breaks a plate.
(c) Teases Jimmie.
(d) Spills water.
5. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) A cab.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The bus.
(d) Soup tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
3. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
4. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
5. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)