|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) She accuses him of infidelity.
(b) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(c) He accuses her of drinking.
(d) She accuses him of drinking.
2. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Police wagons.
(b) Fine trucks.
(c) Fire engines.
3. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(c) A small boy watching the fight.
(d) A woman looking out the window above.
4. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His neck.
5. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
(a) On his father's right side.
(b) In front of his father.
(c) Behind his father.
(d) On his father's left side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
2. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
3. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
4. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)