|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
2. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He would make an ideal beau.
(b) He is looking for trouble.
(c) He is wise and good.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
3. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
(d) Blue Billie.
4. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Go on dates.
(d) Hide in the house.
5. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(c) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
2. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
3. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
4. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
5. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)