|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 32 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 47 years old.
2. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
3. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Mudder becomes ill.
(b) The apartment burns down.
(c) Fader dies.
(d) Tommie dies.
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Hide in the house.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Go on dates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
2. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
3. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
4. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
5. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)