|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(b) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
(c) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(d) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
2. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Spills water.
(b) Breaks a plate.
(c) Teases Jimmie.
(d) Breaks a chair.
3. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(a) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
5. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
2. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
3. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
4. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
5. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)