|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(b) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
(c) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
(d) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
2. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Gnarled and leathery.
(b) Small and bent.
(c) Slender and wiry.
(d) Large and boisterous.
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fourth Avenue.
(b) High Street.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
4. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(c) Blue Billie.
5. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Kick him out of the house.
(b) Call the police.
(d) Pound him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
2. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
3. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
4. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
5. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)