|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
(a) A newspaper.
2. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) An empty bottle.
(c) A rock.
(d) An empty pail.
3. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(b) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(c) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(d) Beats him with an old table leg.
4. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
(a) Screams at them.
(b) Punches them.
(c) Kicks them.
(d) Pours beer on them.
5. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
2. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
3. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
4. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
5. What is Mudder's real name?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)