|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Kick her shins.
(b) Tell his mother.
(c) Chase her down the street.
(d) Smack her mouth.
2. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Spills water.
(b) Breaks a plate.
(c) Breaks a chair.
(d) Teases Jimmie.
3. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
4. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(b) Beats him with an old table leg.
(c) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(d) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
5. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
2. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
3. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
4. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
5. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)