|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(b) The crash of splintering furniture.
(c) The crash of breaking glass.
(d) Music from another apartment.
2. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Evil's Row boys.
(b) The Black Door boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys.
(d) The Devil's Row boys.
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) To the saloon.
(b) Into the old woman's apartment.
(c) Under the stairs.
(d) Into the street.
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(a) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(b) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
2. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
3. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
4. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
5. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)