|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) She accuses him of infidelity.
(b) He accuses her of drinking.
(c) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(d) She accuses him of drinking.
2. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His neck.
3. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
(a) Until breakfast.
(b) For three hours.
(c) Until dawn.
(d) For five hours.
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(c) High Street.
(d) Fourth Avenue.
5. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Breaks a plate.
(b) Spills water.
(c) Teases Jimmie.
(d) Breaks a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
2. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
3. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
4. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
5. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)