|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Gnarled and leathery.
(b) Slender and wiry.
(c) Large and boisterous.
(d) Small and bent.
2. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) Into the street.
(c) Into the old woman's apartment.
(d) To the saloon.
3. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 47 years old.
(d) 32 years old.
4. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
(a) Fixing furniture.
(d) Doing Laundry.
5. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Rum Alley boys.
(b) The Black Door boys.
(c) The Evil's Row boys.
(d) The Devil's Row boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
2. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
3. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
4. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
5. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)