|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
(b) A small boy watching the fight.
(c) A woman looking out the window above.
2. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Almost purple.
(b) Dull yellow.
(c) Bright red.
(d) Pale grey.
3. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
(a) For five hours.
(b) Until breakfast.
(c) For three hours.
(d) Until dawn.
4. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of drinking.
(b) She accuses him of infidelity.
(c) She accuses him of drinking.
(d) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) At the store.
(b) At home.
(c) In the neighbor's apartment.
(d) On the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
2. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
3. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
4. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
5. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)