|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
2. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
3. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Beats him with an old table leg.
(b) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(c) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(d) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
4. What is Mudder's real name?
5. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(a) The old woman.
(d) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
2. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
3. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
4. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
5. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)