|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) An old apple crate.
(b) An overturned bucket.
(c) A pile of scrap lumber.
(d) A heap of gravel.
2. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Kick him out of the house.
(b) Pound him.
(d) Call the police.
3. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(b) She accuses him of drinking.
(c) He accuses her of drinking.
(d) She accuses him of infidelity.
4. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 47 years old.
(b) 32 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
5. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
2. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
3. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
4. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
5. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)