|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Beats him with an old table leg.
(b) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(c) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(d) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
2. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
3. Where does Jimmie walk on the way to the apartment after the street brawl of Chapter 1?
(a) On his father's left side.
(b) On his father's right side.
(c) In front of his father.
(d) Behind his father.
4. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(b) She accuses him of infidelity.
(c) He accuses her of drinking.
(d) She accuses him of drinking.
5. What does Jimmie's father do to the two fighting boys?
(a) Pours beer on them.
(b) Screams at them.
(c) Punches them.
(d) Kicks them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
2. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
3. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
4. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
5. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)