|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Small and bent.
(b) Gnarled and leathery.
(c) Slender and wiry.
(d) Large and boisterous.
2. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) Into the street.
(b) To the saloon.
(c) Under the stairs.
(d) Into the old woman's apartment.
3. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(b) The zoo.
4. What is Mudder doing when Jimmie, Maggie, and Fader arrive home?
(b) Fixing furniture.
(d) Doing Laundry.
5. How old is the person who breaks up the street fight in Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 32 years old.
(d) 47 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
2. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
3. Which boy does Jimmie fight with over his performance in the fight?
4. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
5. Who tries to warn the boys that Jimmie's father is approaching?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)