Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Freddie silent after Pete and Nellie leave?
(a) An hour.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a boxing match.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To meet a girl.
(d) To a saloon.
3. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his neck.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Break his jaw.
(d) Run him off.
4. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
(a) A chair.
(b) A lemon.
(c) A beer glass.
(d) A tin pail.
5. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Kick him out of the house.
(c) Pound him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the "painted" girl's remarks with, "It's a fine evenin', ain't it?"?
2. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
3. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
4. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
5. What is Mudder raving about when Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 13?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)