Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Go on dates.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Hide in the house.
2. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Beats him with an old table leg.
(b) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(c) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(d) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
3. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
(a) His head.
(b) His neck.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His left leg.
4. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
5. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Rum Alley boys.
(c) The Evil's Row boys.
(d) The Black Door boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
2. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
3. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
4. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
5. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)