|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) To the saloon.
(b) Into the street.
(c) Under the stairs.
(d) Into the old woman's apartment.
2. What body part of Jimmie's opponent does Jimmie's father injure?
(a) His head.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His neck.
(d) His left leg.
3. Who breaks up the street fight between the two groups of boys?
(b) Blue Billie.
(d) Jimmie's father.
4. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Bright red.
(b) Almost purple.
(c) Dull yellow.
(d) Pale grey.
5. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his neck.
(b) Run him off.
(c) Break his jaw.
(d) Slap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
2. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
4. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
5. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)