|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pete and Maggie enter the hall at the beginning of Chapter 14, how long has Maggie been away from home?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Five days.
2. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(b) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
3. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
(a) Breaks a plate.
(b) Teases Jimmie.
(c) Spills water.
(d) Breaks a chair.
4. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs off.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He is in an accident.
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) At work.
(b) Hanging laundry outside.
(c) In another room.
(d) In the shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
2. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
3. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
4. Based on the anger of Maggie's family, how does Chapter 16 say Pete feels?
5. After the saloon brawl with Pete, how long does Jimmie wait before returning home?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)