|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Mudder as she walks home from the saloon?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The urchin boys.
(d) A group of men on a street corner.
2. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
(a) The spectators.
(c) A policeman.
3. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
(a) At the old woman's apartment.
(b) In the other room.
(c) In the shadows.
(d) In the hallway.
4. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) A cab.
(b) The bus.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Soup tickets.
5. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
(a) She could not pay her bill.
(b) She caused a disturbance.
(c) She had too much to drink.
(d) Women were not allowed in the saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
2. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
3. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
4. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
5. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)