|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(b) Blue Billie.
2. How many different acts of the show are described in Chapter 7?
3. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
(a) Blue Billie.
(b) Jimmie Murckre.
(c) David Copperfield.
4. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With anger and remorse.
(b) With suspicion and jealousy.
(c) With fear and respect.
(d) With wonder and reliance.
5. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Smack her mouth.
(b) Kick her shins.
(c) Tell his mother.
(d) Chase her down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie meet as she wanders among the rows of houses?
2. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
3. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
4. What three characters figure prominently in every play that Maggie and Pete go to see?
5. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)