|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A quiet stranger.
(d) An old man.
2. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With anger and remorse.
(b) With wonder and reliance.
(c) With fear and respect.
(d) With suspicion and jealousy.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
(a) A pink tutu.
(b) A scarlet dress.
(c) A purple dress.
(d) A black gown.
4. After the show, what does Pete ask Maggie to give him before she goes into the apartment?
(a) A promise.
(b) Her umbrella.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Her heart.
5. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
(a) Break his nose.
(b) Fight with him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Report him to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. Who throws the first punch in the saloon fight?
3. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
4. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
5. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)