|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is looking for trouble.
(b) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(c) He is wise and good.
(d) He would make an ideal beau.
2. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A swordsman.
(b) A king.
(c) A prince.
(d) A knight.
3. Who always triumphs at the end of the plays that Pete and Maggie attend?
(a) The good child.
(b) The poor hero.
(c) The king.
(d) The villain.
4. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The priest.
(d) The neighbors.
5. How do the men staring at Maggie make her feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mudder raving about when Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 13?
2. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
3. What material is used for the saloon doors?
4. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
5. As Chapter 12 opens, what are Pete and Maggie doing?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)