|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
(a) For three hours.
(b) Until dawn.
(c) For five hours.
(d) Until breakfast.
2. When she thinks about Maggie begging to come home at some future date, what does Mudder do?
(a) Weep mournfully.
(b) Smile vindictively.
(c) Laugh gleefully.
(d) Wring her hands.
3. How do the men staring at Maggie make her feel?
4. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
(a) Under the saloon doors.
(b) Through the windows.
(c) Through the side door.
(d) Just inside the saloon.
5. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He is in an accident.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs off.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 12 opens, what are Pete and Maggie doing?
2. Who comes into the apartment to stare at Maggie when she comes home?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)