|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The old woman.
(d) The priest.
2. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
(a) Break his nose.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Fight with him.
(d) Report him to the police.
3. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
(d) Playing the piano.
4. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
(a) In the park.
(b) At the apartment.
(c) In a dark corner.
(d) Under a table.
5. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
(a) The broom and dustpan.
(b) Maggie's jacket and hat.
(c) Mudders scarf and coat.
(d) The frying pan and spatula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
2. Where do Pete and Maggie often go together on weekday evenings?
3. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
4. When she thinks about Maggie begging to come home at some future date, what does Mudder do?
5. When Maggie approaches Pete in the side street, what does he tell her to do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)