|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the "forlorn woman" looking?
(a) Blue Billie.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) At home.
(b) In the neighbor's apartment.
(c) On the street.
(d) At the store.
3. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) Soup tickets.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A cab.
(d) The bus.
4. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
5. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
(a) A lambrequin.
(b) An old clock.
(c) An ornate birdcage.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
2. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
4. Who does Maggie meet as she wanders among the rows of houses?
5. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)