|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
(a) Dark blue.
(d) Pale pink.
2. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Music from another apartment.
(b) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(c) The crash of splintering furniture.
(d) The crash of breaking glass.
3. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
4. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
(a) The old woman.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Mary Murphy.
(d) Maggie and Pete.
5. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
(a) In the shadows.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) In the other room.
(d) At the old woman's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
2. How does Maggie feel as she leaves the plays that she attends with Pete?
3. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
5. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)