|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Music from another apartment.
(b) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(c) The crash of breaking glass.
(d) The crash of splintering furniture.
2. While out with Maggie, where does Pete see a little monkey to which he takes a liking?
(a) The pet store.
(b) A traveling circus.
(c) New York City Zoo.
(d) Central Park Menagerie.
3. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
(c) Navy blue.
4. To whom does Mother proclaim her grief, saying, "May Gawd forgive dat girl"?
(a) The old woman.
(c) The priest.
(d) The neighbors.
5. What does the end of Chapter 13 say that Mudder goes through life doing?
(a) Screaming at the neighbors.
(b) Shedding tears.
(c) Laughing at fate.
(d) Drinking the days away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
2. When Maggie asks "Who?" as she wanders, who tries to answer her question?
3. What is Mudder often doing at home in Chapter 8?
4. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
5. When Pete and Maggie join Nellie and Freddie, where does Maggie sit?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)