|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
(a) The broom and dustpan.
(b) Mudders scarf and coat.
(c) The frying pan and spatula.
(d) Maggie's jacket and hat.
2. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
(a) At the old woman's apartment.
(b) In the other room.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the shadows.
3. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Call the police.
(c) Pound him.
(d) Kick him out of the house.
4. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
(a) "Certainly not."
(b) "We shall see."
(c) "Oh, hell, yes."
(d) "Of course."
5. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) The old woman's apartment.
(b) The hallway on the second floor.
(c) Freddie's house.
(d) Pete's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color socks does the foreign owner of the cuff and collar factory wear?
2. When Pete and Maggie enter the hall at the beginning of Chapter 14, how long has Maggie been away from home?
3. Where do Pete and Maggie often go together on weekday evenings?
4. When she thinks about Maggie begging to come home at some future date, what does Mudder do?
5. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)