|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pete doing as he polishes the beer glass behind the bar?
(d) Talking to his boss.
2. When Maggie relates the tragic tales of her childhood, who does Pete denounce as "jays"?
(a) Mudder and Fader.
(b) Jimmie and Blue Billie.
(c) Mudder and the old woman.
(d) Jimmie and Mudder.
3. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
(a) Dark blue.
(b) Pale pink.
4. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
(a) A chair.
(b) A tin pail.
(c) A lemon.
(d) A beer glass.
5. When Mudder curses Maggie, what does she call her?
(a) A whore.
(b) A foolish girl.
(c) A disgrace.
(d) A wayward child.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
2. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
3. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
4. In addition to dancing, what is the girl who starts the show in Chapter 7 doing?
5. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)