|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
(a) At the old woman's apartment.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) In the shadows.
(d) In the other room.
2. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The apartment burns down.
(b) Fader dies.
(c) Mudder becomes ill.
(d) Tommie dies.
3. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Making fine clothes.
(b) Singing on street corners.
(c) Wandering around the city.
(d) Going to court.
4. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A truck driver.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A bartender.
(d) An undertaker.
5. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(b) "It could use some work."
(c) "It's outa sight."
(d) "It's quite remarkable."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does the bespectacled, mocking police justice say that Mudder has a record of ruining?
2. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
3. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
4. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)