|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie look at Pete as they listen to the singer in Chapter 12?
(a) With wonder and reliance.
(b) With suspicion and jealousy.
(c) With fear and respect.
(d) With anger and remorse.
2. When Mudder curses Maggie, what does she call her?
(a) A whore.
(b) A foolish girl.
(c) A disgrace.
(d) A wayward child.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
(a) On the street.
(b) At home.
(c) In the neighbor's apartment.
(d) At the store.
4. What does the end of Chapter 13 say that Mudder goes through life doing?
(a) Drinking the days away.
(b) Shedding tears.
(c) Screaming at the neighbors.
(d) Laughing at fate.
5. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A bartender.
(b) An undertaker.
(c) A truck driver.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what is the ballad singer wearing?
2. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
3. What is Mudder's real name?
4. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie in the summer?
5. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)