|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie's companion say he would ask for if he should ever meet God?
(a) A nice house and a million dollars.
(b) A million dollars and a bottle of beer.
(c) Food, clothing, and shelter.
(d) A job.
2. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(b) She accuses him of infidelity.
(c) She accuses him of drinking.
(d) He accuses her of drinking.
3. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) In the alleys.
(c) On street corners.
(d) At the apartment window.
4. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
(a) An African cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A snake.
(d) An Indonesian monkey.
5. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(b) Fine trucks.
(c) Police wagons.
(d) Fire engines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
2. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
3. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
4. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
5. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)