|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A truck driver.
(c) An undertaker.
(d) A bartender.
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) The bus.
(b) Soup tickets.
(c) A cab.
(d) The doctor.
3. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Making fine clothes.
(b) Wandering around the city.
(c) Going to court.
(d) Singing on street corners.
4. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
(a) Tell his mother.
(b) Smack her mouth.
(c) Kick her shins.
(d) Chase her down the street.
5. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) On street corners.
(b) At the apartment window.
(c) In the alleys.
(d) Behind a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mudder's real name?
2. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
4. Based on the descriptions found in Chapter 2, which one of the following words best describes Mudder?
5. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)