|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Fine trucks.
(b) Police wagons.
(d) Fire engines.
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a casino.
(b) To a boxing match.
(c) To a saloon.
(d) To meet a girl.
3. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(a) No one.
4. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) On street corners.
(c) At the apartment window.
(d) In the alleys.
5. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
2. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
4. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
5. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)