|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(b) The crash of splintering furniture.
(c) Music from another apartment.
(d) The crash of breaking glass.
2. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) An undertaker.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A truck driver.
3. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Police wagons.
(d) Fine trucks.
4. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Go on dates.
(d) Hide in the house.
5. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his jaw.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Run him off.
(d) Break his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
3. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
4. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)