|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
(a) Dull yellow.
(b) Bright red.
(c) Pale grey.
(d) Almost purple.
2. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His age and occupation.
(b) His clothing and manners.
(c) His height and weight.
(d) His education and experience.
3. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
(a) To the show.
(b) To the museum.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To a dance.
4. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A linen factory.
(b) A dressmaker's shop.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A collar and cuff factory.
5. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Massive height and weight.
(b) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
(c) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
(d) Piercing eyes and large fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
2. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
3. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
4. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
5. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)