|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) The crash of breaking glass.
(b) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(c) Music from another apartment.
(d) The crash of splintering furniture.
2. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Small and bent.
(b) Large and boisterous.
(c) Gnarled and leathery.
(d) Slender and wiry.
3. What does Mudder do to Jimmie in Chapter 2 that makes him scream in pain?
(a) Harshly scrubs his wounded face.
(b) Breaks a beer bottle over his head.
(c) Pours hot cooking oil on him.
(d) Beats him with an old table leg.
4. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(a) Blue Billie.
5. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
2. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
3. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
4. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
5. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)