|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Police wagons.
(b) Fine trucks.
(c) Fire engines.
2. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Music from another apartment.
(b) The crash of breaking glass.
(c) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(d) The crash of splintering furniture.
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a boxing match.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To meet a girl.
(d) To a saloon.
4. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
5. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
(b) Clean the apartment.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Drink whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
2. What day does Maggie expect Pete to return?
3. What does Jimmie believe fine clothing represents?
4. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)