|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(c) No one.
2. What two physical characteristics make Pete seem formidable?
(a) Piercing eyes and large fists.
(b) Massive height and weight.
(c) Fine clothes and shiny shoes.
(d) Swinging shoulders and a sneer.
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a boxing match.
(c) To a casino.
(d) To meet a girl.
4. When Maggie sees that Jimmie has been fighting, what does she warn him that Mudder will do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Kick him out of the house.
(c) Pound him.
5. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
2. What is Pete's occupation?
3. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
4. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)