|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
2. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(b) He would make an ideal beau.
(c) He is wise and good.
(d) He is looking for trouble.
3. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His education and experience.
(b) His clothing and manners.
(c) His height and weight.
(d) His age and occupation.
4. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
(a) To the museum.
(b) To the show.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To a dance.
5. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A prince.
(b) A knight.
(c) A king.
(d) A swordsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
3. In an attempt to impress Pete, what does Maggie fix up and hang over the stove?
4. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
5. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)