|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
2. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Soup tickets.
(c) A cab.
(d) The bus.
3. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
4. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A smart girl.
(c) A foolish girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
5. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(c) High Street.
(d) Fourth Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
2. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
3. Where does Pete promise to take Maggie on Friday night?
4. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
5. What tragic event occurs at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)