|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
(a) Break his neck.
(b) Break his jaw.
(c) Run him off.
(d) Slap him.
2. What is Mudder's real name?
3. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(a) No one.
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His height and weight.
(b) His age and occupation.
(c) His clothing and manners.
(d) His education and experience.
5. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(b) Fine trucks.
(c) Fire engines.
(d) Police wagons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
2. What color is the dress Maggie wears to go out with Pete on Friday night?
3. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
4. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)