|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) Hanging laundry outside.
(b) In the shadows.
(c) In another room.
(d) At work.
2. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(b) "It could use some work."
(c) "It's outa sight."
(d) "It's quite remarkable."
3. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
(a) Other truck drivers.
(b) Foot passengers.
(d) Police officers.
4. In Chapter 2, what accusation starts the altercation between Fader and Mudder?
(a) She accuses him of drinking.
(b) She accuses him of infidelity.
(c) He accuses her of not keeping the house clean.
(d) He accuses her of drinking.
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(a) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, where do Jimmie and his father meet Maggie?
3. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
4. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
5. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)