|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(b) The old woman.
(c) The old man.
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Hide in the house.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Go on dates.
(d) Leave home.
3. To keep money in his pocket, what does Jimmie become?
(a) An undertaker.
(b) A truck driver.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A bartender.
4. Why does Pete become more eloquent and elaborate in descriptions of his bravery and fighting skill?
(a) He notices Mudder is listening closely.
(b) He notices Maggie is listening closely.
(c) He notices Jimmie is impressed.
(d) He is drunk and cannot help himself.
5. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) The crash of splintering furniture.
(b) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(c) The crash of breaking glass.
(d) Music from another apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
2. What is Mudder's real name?
3. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
4. What happens to Fader in Chapter 4?
5. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)