|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A pretty girl.
(b) An ugly girl.
(c) A smart girl.
(d) A foolish girl.
2. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
(a) Maggie's quiet sobbing.
(b) The crash of breaking glass.
(c) The crash of splintering furniture.
(d) Music from another apartment.
3. After hearing the tales of bravery and victory, who leaves the apartment with Pete?
(c) No one.
4. What vehicle does Jimmie fear, respect, and love with "a distant dog-like devotion"?
(a) Police wagons.
(b) Fine trucks.
(c) Fire engines.
5. Who says, "Is yer fader beatin' yer mudder, or yer mudder beatin' yer fader"?
(c) The old woman.
(d) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the book say Mudder's face turns when she is angry?
2. What is the name of Jimmie's youngest sibling?
3. What animal does Chapter 4 compare Jimmie with as he drives?
4. What is Pete's occupation?
5. In Chapter 4, for what is the preacher's audience waiting?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)