|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
(b) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(c) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(d) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
2. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
(d) Clean the apartment.
3. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(c) The zoo.
4. What does Pete say about Maggie's shape at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) "It could use some work."
(b) "It's fine, fine, fine."
(c) "It's quite remarkable."
(d) "It's outa sight."
5. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His education and experience.
(b) His clothing and manners.
(c) His age and occupation.
(d) His height and weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
2. What does Maggie do after dinner that makes her mother angry?
3. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
4. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
5. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)