|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Going to court.
(b) Wandering around the city.
(c) Singing on street corners.
(d) Making fine clothes.
2. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) At the apartment window.
(c) In the alleys.
(d) On street corners.
3. Who occasionally drags Jimmie from his truck driver perch to beat him?
(c) Other truck drivers.
(d) The police.
4. What heroic figure is Pete likened to in Chapter 6?
(a) A swordsman.
(b) A king.
(c) A knight.
(d) A prince.
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is looking for trouble.
(b) He is wise and good.
(c) He would make an ideal beau.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmie storm at, denounce, and compare to pestering flies in Chapter 4?
2. What does Jimmie threaten to do to Maggie if she does not "shut up"?
3. What faded pattern is on the carpet of the apartment?
4. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
5. What is Jimmie's family's last name?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)