|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Chapter 4 say that Jimmie first began to be arrested?
(a) When he was a young man.
(b) When he was a little boy.
(c) When he was a teenager.
(d) When he reached adulthood.
2. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) To the saloon.
(b) Under the stairs.
(c) Into the street.
(d) Into the old woman's apartment.
4. What does Mudder do all day Friday?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Drink whiskey.
(c) Clean the apartment.
(d) Beg on Fifth Avenue.
5. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A foolish girl.
(c) A pretty girl.
(d) A smart girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
2. What color ribbon is used to embellish the dingy curtains in the apartment?
3. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
5. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)