|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mudder raving about when Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 13?
(c) The dirty apartment.
(d) The neighbors.
2. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) In another room.
(b) At work.
(c) Hanging laundry outside.
(d) In the shadows.
3. Where does Chapter 4 say Jimmie stands to watch the world go by?
(a) In the alleys.
(b) At the apartment window.
(c) On street corners.
(d) Behind a bar.
4. What material is used for the saloon doors?
5. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Gnarled and leathery.
(b) Small and bent.
(c) Large and boisterous.
(d) Slender and wiry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
4. Because of her thoughts of Pete, what does Chapter 8 say that Maggie grows to dislike?
5. Where does Jimmie hide after the saloon fight to avoid being caught?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)